PDA

View Full Version : If You Had Da POWER?

Ninja Scroll
02-12-2002, 02:55 PM
HEY YO!
To all my fellow addicts and ninja-holics!:cool:
Got a question comrades.

If you had da power (which you all never will:D ) and were a Microsoft Executive with the man power to make one marketing move to help the Xbox gain some grown on Sony's sorry ass PoS2, what would it be?

DT21
02-12-2002, 02:58 PM
Buy out Konami:).

JJaX
02-12-2002, 03:00 PM
Buy Square and Mcdonalds and make a Grimace RPG.

l Maximus l
02-12-2002, 03:03 PM
First, I think XBox.com could be much better. It's not nearly as good as this website, in my opinion...but, that goes without saying! This website kicks ass!

I would also add more commercials...add more sponsers like they did with Taco Bell and Dorritos. They need a company like Pepsi or Coke. Better yet: Coors! :D hehe

I also think they could add more streaming video of games on their website...It's growing, but, they should have more...atleast one of every game that is out or that is coming out within the same month that is current.

Hugh_Jass
02-12-2002, 03:19 PM
I would keep growing my stable of first party developers.

I would also make sure the best Japanese XBOX titles get internationalized and marketed to the rest of the world.

Furthermore, I would STRONGLY encourage all XBOX titles to support 1080i (and require it of my first party titles).

The best marketing move they could make is to concentrate on the games and make them clearly superior in every genre. It's the games that sell systems. PS2 fanboys may be deluded but I don't think they're idiots. Once they see the full potential of the XBOX on display there will be no turning back.

JJaX
02-12-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Comon people!!

A grimace RPG by square. Ohh YeaaaH :cool:

l Maximus l
02-12-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I would keep growing my stable of first party developers.

I would also make sure the best Japanese XBOX titles get internationalized and marketed to the rest of the world.

Furthermore, I would STRONGLY encourage all XBOX titles to support 1080i (and require it of my first party titles).

The best marketing move they could make is to concentrate on the games and make them clearly superior in every genre. It's the games that sell systems. PS2 fanboys may be deluded but I don't think they're idiots. Once they see the full potential of the XBOX on display there will be no turning back.

Great points here...Also, I think that every split screen multi-player game should atleast have the option to use the System Link.

JJaX
02-12-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Great points here...Also, I think that every split screen multi-player game should atleast have the option to use the System Link.

Or take any sports title and make it system link with 1 Disc.

shererboat
02-12-2002, 03:28 PM

Comon people!!

A grimace RPG by square. Ohh YeaaaH :cool:

only if they had the duck form da AFLAC commercials as an add on:rolleyes:

Snoopy7548
02-12-2002, 06:02 PM
id buy out sony

The Terminator
02-12-2002, 06:12 PM
I'd produce a commerical where Britney Spears dances around wearing nothing but a black-leather X with green edges, and had absolutely nothing to do w/ the actual product, b/c we all know that's what sells.

redrum237
02-12-2002, 06:13 PM
more games with soundtrack feature

and make it where u can hook your xbox up 2 2 tvs without system link (cause i olny have 1 XBOX), so normal spilt screen can be on 2 tvs

skoot182
02-12-2002, 06:48 PM

LOL!!!! and

only if they had the duck form da AFLAC commercials as an add on

LOL!!!! :D

thunderkiss2k1
02-12-2002, 08:07 PM
My suggestion to Microsoft would be to spend just as much money as Sony in advertising. I would also suggest that Microsoft investigate what Sony has been telling retailers and game developers to push ps2 ahead of xbox. I think folks would be surprised to find out that Sony is not playing by the rules.

monkeyman
02-12-2002, 09:09 PM
BUY SONY!!!!!!!!! hehehe sony would cry and then they could have a ban fire and burn all the ps2 and the ps2 fanboys would snuggle with their ps2 and cry all night and also they should have the taco bell dog come back come on that guy was a classic and it could be xboxs mascot and also they should like buy a hotel or something like that like one of the major ones and have it so that you could play xbox and if you wanted you could buy one thats never been used or something like that and then they should buy like ford...no ford sucks they snould buy chevy and put a tv and xbox built into the car!!!!!!!! and im done

thunderkiss2k1
02-12-2002, 09:46 PM
Ford DOES NOT SUCK. Nuff said , lol.

Ninja Scroll
02-13-2002, 08:41 AM

LMAO!!:D what can I say, that was classic jjax!:cool:

But would that Burger stealing gump with da jail cloths be Grimacs nemesis?!:D That would reek of awesomeness!

Ninja Scroll
02-13-2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by DT21
Buy out Konami:).

im not sure that would be enough, unless they announced a new series of MGS titles and announced an all-new Contra trilogy or something!
Cant forget Castlevania too!;)

I dont think Konami produces enough games on a yearly average. Though there games sell milllions a couple a year just aint enough for da hardcore gamers needs.

JJaX
02-13-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

LMAO!!:D what can I say, that was classic jjax!:cool:

But would that Burger stealing gump with da jail cloths be Grimacs nemesis?!:D That would reek of awesomeness!

Actually you would meet up with the hamburglar in crack house in jersey city. We all know the hamburglar loves crack, Grimace has a coke problem too. They would team up and rob people for EXP points. This game would so rock.

Ninja Scroll
02-13-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1
My suggestion to Microsoft would be to spend just as much money as Sony in advertising. I would also suggest that Microsoft investigate what Sony has been telling retailers and game developers to push ps2 ahead of xbox. I think folks would be surprised to find out that Sony is not playing by the rules.

Good points thunder, I as well agree that Sony are some sleazy sneaky b@stards!
I cant pin point it, but I do feel they are doing something under the sheets,......... um,.. other than sleeping with all the Square big wigs and CEO's!:D

oh, and im with you little waximus, HUgh Jass's post was well writen.

fear_this
02-13-2002, 08:50 AM
Buy the playstation company. Then you can make your own playstations! And drop the price of PS2. :cool: You could make them 20 dollars. :p

Ninja Scroll
02-13-2002, 08:51 AM

Actually you would meet up with the hamburglar in crack house in jersey city. We all know the hamburglar loves crack, Grimace has a coke problem too. They would team up and rob people for EXP points. This game would so rock.

LMAO!:D Congrates jjax, you just make my morning!:)
now's all's left is to go cop my RAW after work this evening and im set!:cool:

El Pollo Loco
02-14-2002, 12:49 AM
I would include a free case of beer with every xbox unit. And seeing as I am a M$ exec, I will then pay enough money to have a new drinking age of 3, that way bundling beer with the xbox wouldnt be illegal and therefore keeping my boss bill outta court.

TRUE_GAMER
02-14-2002, 01:00 AM
I would buy up stock in Konami, Square, Sega, EA Sports, Activision, Lucas Arts, ect..

So we can pull the same S-H-I-T that Sony did. MS and the Xbox would be unstopable. hahahahahahaha(devilish laugh)

frog11983
02-14-2002, 01:33 PM
Buy out rockstar, they make some cool games.

LynxFX
02-14-2002, 01:44 PM
I would go into every other market Sony is in. Make a movie studio, some theatre chains, an home electronics devision making tvs and audio equipment, speakers, receivers etc.

Or I would just let Sony be and do my own thing and continue to put out the best darn console there is. No need to get down and dirty. Sony is as you know an OEM that uses Microsoft software. :)

El Pollo Loco
02-14-2002, 04:04 PM
I would start a giant ad campaign (after the bundling beer with xboxs). Like a commercial where Bill gates explains the xbox, but first apologizes to the world for windows 95 and the stupid paperclip that comes with office.

l Maximus l
02-14-2002, 04:14 PM
Nice, dude! I really like the beer bundle idea! :D

Snoopy7548
02-14-2002, 06:18 PM
i would buy alot of prostitutes and each xbox would come with a woman:D :D :D :D :D :D

Ninja Scroll
02-15-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i would buy alot of prostitutes and each xbox would come with a woman:D :D :D :D :D :D

CAN I PRE-ORDER MINE RIGHT NOW SNOOPY!?:eek:

:D

Snoopy7548
02-15-2002, 09:05 AM
haha, you can! and for an extra 50 bucks, you can get a case of jack daniels. haha, my assistant principal is such a drunk. he drinks so much, but not in school. he probly has a case of jack daniels under his desk, everyone know that he drinks, its so funny:D

noodleboy
02-15-2002, 09:11 AM
First and foremost, I would make sure that the launching of on-line play would indeed come out as planned. As said before, demand that the games being produced by the Microsoft stable exceed all the others being produced by 3rd party, to ensure competition and great games eventually being produced by 3rd parties. And finally, put out a portable handheld that just trumps the GBA. Portable Halo, yeah I think that would sell.

El Pollo Loco
02-15-2002, 07:37 PM
How about creating an xbox that insults anyone playing on controllers 2,3,and 4. That way you don't have to waste your time trash talkin your friends when they com over. yes... now why didn;t ms come up with that one?