PDA

View Full Version : Fight Night 2 online tourny?

Holt88
03-10-2005, 07:50 PM
How many of you guys here would want to start an XBA FN2 online tourny? Maybe we could set something up here.

Casper
03-10-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm in

MerimacHamwich
03-10-2005, 09:26 PM
If someone buys me the game, I'm so in!

Variation-XBA
03-10-2005, 10:16 PM
If someone buys me the game, I'm so in!
Same here :cheers:

Holt88
03-10-2005, 10:42 PM
lol damn you two. Good fight I just had with Vitali and Pacquiao, I kept pounding Pacs face in with Vitalis jabs and the ref stopped the fight, first time.

Casper
03-10-2005, 10:51 PM
lol damn you two. Good fight I just had with Vitali and Pacquiao, I kept pounding Pacs face in with Vitalis jabs and the ref stopped the fight, first time.

What the hell are you playing?? Vitali isn't in the game :huh:

Holt88
03-10-2005, 11:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Arben/FightNight/DSC06223.jpg

Casper
03-11-2005, 12:59 AM
That's good, cuz you had to create him. I've been through everything I can in the game and there's not one sign of him - nor is he even in the roster list that EA included when the game launched. So how did you manage to get him, or create him?

Holt88
03-11-2005, 01:22 AM
All I did was look at this picture down below. I made a better version then the picture I posted before, fixed his nose. I would work on more but not untill I can get gloves, trunks, etc unlocked. As for his power, speed and everything else, I just visited a couple boxing websites which give info about their strengths/weaknesses. I know I put Vitali with max power, about average hand speed, the rest can't remember.

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/img/fighters_photo_vklitschko.jpg

Casper
03-11-2005, 09:44 AM
Aight, cuz I knew he wasn't in the game, same with Tyson. It's just a CAB, not the real deal. Had me confused for a sec.

101st_Airborne
03-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Ugh, you all have me wanting this game so badly.I think I'm gonna go pick it up later tonight. I'll have to trade in Halo 2 and Fable though. I have money, just not for games. Bills Bills Bills. Hows the customization on the game. As I can see from that screenshot, its pretty extensive. Are there tons of options so youll more than likely make a respectable presentation of yourself in the game? and am I able to play with MY character(that i made) on online fights? Or is it simply fighters that are on the rosters?

Holt88
03-11-2005, 12:18 PM
I believe you can use created boxers online. By the way, what does KO moment mean? I thought maybe it would be so you wouldn't know the person your fighting isn't close to a knockout.

Casper
03-11-2005, 12:22 PM
KO moment = when the fighter's energy is low and you hit him and then the game goes into that slow-motion mode, you hear a heartbeat sound...then you get like 3 hits in, or a haymaker, then the fighter goes down. Basically like bullet-time before the knockout...I like it.

And I doubt you can use created fighters online.

CRAYMAN
03-11-2005, 01:26 PM
KO moment = when the fighter's energy is low and you hit him and then the game goes into that slow-motion mode, you hear a heartbeat sound...then you get like 3 hits in, or a haymaker, then the fighter goes down. Basically like bullet-time before the knockout...I like it.

And I doubt you can use created fighters online.

YES, you can use created fighters online. I know because I've fought against them.
I don't have one to use online, so if anyone starts with one, I back out of the match.

I'm not sure how to make the settings restrict created fighters. The interface is not user friendly.:confused:

101st_Airborne
03-11-2005, 07:28 PM
I just got the game and I'm loving it. Im in career mode right now, no losses. Add me to the tourny list, please. Everyone in here add my to your XBL list as well. My gamertag is "Richard5037" I'll be on later tonight. Just wanna practice first.

Holt88
03-11-2005, 07:55 PM
I want to get a bunch of people, and when we do that, I guess we can do a pool and whoever get's first pick get's to pick their boxer, of course we'll fight eachother in their own weight division then title belt holders can challenge guys in heavyweight, middleweight, etc.

Holt88
03-11-2005, 10:27 PM
This league is pretty nice. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/domking/BMP3.jpg

Even have a promo video of the fight between the 2 guys. http://www.geocities.com/domkingfnbc/upcomingfights.html

101st_Airborne
03-11-2005, 11:45 PM
Thats pretty awesome. It'd be nice to make this more competitive. I have a loss now :( I was real ****y and thought I'd kick this guys ass since I had 6 KO's. Nope, got my ass beat down. Very very fun game.

101st_Airborne
03-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Whats the highest numbers you've gotten on your workouts during fights? I went on the hardest level and had about 4 of each category, but then sometimes I get -2 on all of them.

Casper
03-12-2005, 06:52 PM
On the heavy bag, you can't get more than 4x. I think that's the only one that does that.

101st_Airborne
03-12-2005, 08:08 PM
I facked up. I went intense on speed, lost about 3 points and pressed "advance" then I saw the saving screen so I turned my xbox off in an effort to not have lost all those points. Restarted and it said the save was damaged and unuseable. So now I have to start a new career from scratch. That pisses me off.

Holt88
03-12-2005, 08:13 PM
I can't wait to start something here. This won't be about button smashing, screw up and swing every time you will get ****ed up, this involves skill and not playing defense will make you lose in this game.

Holt88
03-12-2005, 11:13 PM
Can anyone comfirm if this save works for action replay? http://us.codejunkies.com/saves_show_game.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&g=1161887829&p=8 It's the top one, everything unlocked, isn't working for me.

101st_Airborne
03-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Ugh, I played three fights online, won two, but two of the ssholes where haymaker whores. They lost though cause their guy got all tired.

Holt88
03-12-2005, 11:44 PM
Were they using the control stick or buttons?

101st_Airborne
03-13-2005, 12:01 AM
I'm not sure, but any time he'd be low on health he'd give me a haymaker when I got close to him.

CRAYMAN
03-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Were they using the control stick or buttons?

You can't use the buttons for haymakers.

Anyway, I'm selling/trading this game(Casper won't play with me!?!?). :cry:

Holt88
03-14-2005, 08:03 PM
Want to play a couple matches cray?

101st_Airborne
03-15-2005, 10:21 AM
The AI on career mode is getting ridiculous. Im 14th right now in the pro middleweight division, and now all these bastards are throwing nothing but haymakers. It's ridiculous.Don't wanna sound like a whiney *****, but how realistic is that? The first punch that gets throw is a haymaker, and every other one since that is also a haymaker. I throw combos etc. to make it feel like real boxing, not a ****ing arcade game.

CRAYMAN
03-15-2005, 10:55 AM
The AI on career mode is getting ridiculous. Im 14th right now in the pro middleweight division, and now all these bastards are throwing nothing but haymakers. It's ridiculous.Don't wanna sound like a whiney *****, but how realistic is that? The first punch that gets throw is a haymaker, and every other one since that is also a haymaker. I throw combos etc. to make it feel like real boxing, not a ****ing arcade game.

I may play the career mode some more to see this.

Want to play a couple matches cray?

Send me an invite. :cheers:

Casper
03-15-2005, 11:06 AM
Sorry Cray - I rented it, still gotta bring it back. But over the weekend, i got hooked on City of Heroes- never thought I'd like a MMORPG - but dam if it's not a fun ass game. Still gotta see if I'm gonna buy FN2, but my neighbor has it, so I can always borrow his.

101st_Airborne
03-17-2005, 12:25 AM
Well, I retired my man tonight. He was 40 years old and losing points FAST. At least 2 points a fight. Mostly strenght and speed. Everything else was diminishing at about one point a fight.I had a great career though, here are my stats.

Cash in bank: 1,135,525$
Current Belts:Amateur Champion
Former Belts:0
Years:1995-2015
Amateur Record:10-0-0
Professional Record:50-2-0
Title Defenses:0-0-0
Knockouts:50
Entered into the Boxing Hall of Fame: Rank 7 of 10 Hall of Famers
Trophys:
Precision Punch Award
EA Sports Haymaker Trophy
"KO King" Trophy
Lifetime Achievement award
Amateur title belt
20 year boxing career.
I played on Medium difficulty level. It was mostly pretty easy except for some fights that went to about round 8. Out of those fifty I'd say about 20 of them were really challenging. I didn't unlock everything, but I think that the stuff I did unlock, will stay that way for my next fighter.

CRAYMAN
03-17-2005, 09:55 AM
I guess you overcame your former discontent with FNR2. You only lost 2 fights out of 50??? You can't be complaining too much.

101st_Airborne
03-17-2005, 10:03 AM
I won the fights, but thats cause the *******s were throwing so many haymakers that they wore themselves out.It's a good game, but thats my only complaint. Some of these fighters come in and throw nothing but haymaker, but then they end up wearing themselves out and losing points since theyre not throwing combos. I'm gonna add you to my list so I can fight against you later today, ok?

CRAYMAN
03-17-2005, 11:22 AM
May be on tonight around 10. EST