PDA

View Full Version : HALO, gamespy, and new multiplayer games.

Bundy
02-12-2002, 04:33 PM
Ok so if i create a new multiplayer game type, and then host a game on gamespy will it work? Does my xbox just run the game, send the file to all the xboxs connected to me, or does every box need the game file ahead of time?

Toonz
02-12-2002, 11:29 PM
It just knows the rules upon connection.

TheCovenant
02-12-2002, 11:31 PM
dONT WORRY IF YOU HAVE THE GAMESPY SOFWARE, THEN JUST HOOK UP AND POEPLE WILL JOIN YOU GAME EVENTUALL....TRUST THEY WILL.......

shererboat
02-13-2002, 07:04 AM
whoever hosts the match, their game rules will apply......like if u have a custom team slayer match, with all vehicles and 50 kills (my personal fave), then whoever joins ur mathc will play ur game with ur rules........:cool:

Bundy
02-13-2002, 10:31 AM
cool.. good to know.. thanks for the response.

JJaX
02-13-2002, 01:34 PM
Think of it this way. Pretend anyone thats in your 'gamespy tunnel' is actually next to you or in the next room on a LAN. Because thats what the program is doing. Sending the packets of information over ther interent while halo thinks its sending them via LAN. Once Mulitiple xboxes are dedected you can create a game or join others games. The person who created the game in "game spy" will usally create the game in system link. You play with the rules he has created from the 'edit game types' menu.

l Maximus l
02-13-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Think of it this way. Pretend anyone thats in your 'gamespy tunnel' is actually next to you or in the next room on a LAN. Because thats what the program is doing. Sending the packets of information over ther interent while halo thinks its sending them via LAN. Once Mulitiple xboxes are dedected you can create a game or join others games. The person who created the game in "game spy" will usally create the game in system link. You play with the rules he has created from the 'edit game types' menu.

Exactly. What makes Gamespy so cool is that it makes it really convenient to play multi-player any time you want without having to have buddies over that have to bring their XBoxes and TVs (if you need extra TVs). Besides, it's much more convenient to jump on-line any time you want versus having buddies over all the time that have to hook everything up.

I mean, LAN play is cool and all, and, it's technically better because there is zero lag. But, from a convenience standpoint, Gamepy allows you to play any time you want and with different players...and, in most cases, more people at one time since it's challenging to organize a 8 people to get over to your pad and play.

I also find that whenever I have a LAN session rolling, a couple dudes like to quit because they get their ass shoved in a sling :D

shererboat
02-13-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I also find that whenever I have a LAN session rolling, a couple dudes like to quit because they get their ass shoved in a sling :D

its def fun to play different people on gamespy......

but that doesnt mean people on gamespy like thier arses in slings any better, they still quit.......

l Maximus l
02-13-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by shererboat

its def fun to play different people on gamespy......

but that doesnt mean people on gamespy like thier arses in slings any better, they still quit.......

Yeah, dude...I hate quiters! :mad:

Even if I am in a situation where I am getting my ass handed to me...probably because I had a bad game or something...I still finish it and try to make up for the lost points. It's always good practice trying to come back even if it isn't successful. Just play another round and show them what ya got while being ready! :D