PDA

View Full Version : Games Recommendations?

Mahdisdave
03-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Hey, can anyone help me sort through thousands of titles for a game or games similar to either "Serious Sam" or "Crimson Skies?" I like the almost non-existent learning curve of both shooter games. Sam has an absurd humor and a bazillion ways to blow up monsters. Crimson Skies is simple-to-fly with quirky, alternate history aircraft, and almost a story-line. . .and again. . .a bunch of ways to shoot things up. I've heard that the Doom games were similar? I didn't like the Star Wars episodes as much. . .
Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!
Dave

MixMasta
03-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Hey, can anyone help me sort through thousands of titles for a game or games similar to either "Serious Sam" or "Crimson Skies?" I like the almost non-existent learning curve of both shooter games. Sam has an absurd humor and a bazillion ways to blow up monsters. Crimson Skies is simple-to-fly with quirky, alternate history aircraft, and almost a story-line. . .and again. . .a bunch of ways to shoot things up. I've heard that the Doom games were similar? I didn't like the Star Wars episodes as much. . .
Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!
Dave

Check out the Timesplitters series. The second one has been out on Xbox for a while, and the third one comes out next week. It's a pretty fast pasted, easy to pick up FPS.

Variation-XBA
03-19-2005, 02:16 AM
There isn't much like Crimson that is half as good unfortunetly.

mrmp3
03-22-2005, 06:24 PM
What about that Lucasarts one? That flying game...can't remember the name. Anywho, yea closest thing to Serious Sam is Timesplitters. The most mindless fun you'll get is in the original cuz there's no story at all. Your just in different time eras for no apparent reason killing aliens, chinese cooks, etc. Honestly, TS2 didn't hit the spot like the first one did, so I'd look at getting Timesplitters 3. The single player might not be as mindless as Timesplitters 1 or Serious Sam, but the multiplayer is just as frentic and insane as both of them (not to mention the graphics are much better).

rolling stone
03-22-2005, 10:15 PM
dude just get doom III when it comes out, trust me, it's going to be an awesome shooter and i bet it will make you crap your pants like 8 times

CRAYMAN
03-24-2005, 10:55 AM
'Armed and Dangerous' will probably fit the bill. It's rated pretty highly and sounds like what you're looking for.
Plus it's only 12.99 'preplayed' at EB.