PDA

View Full Version : What is the best gaming TV out there?

mattgame
03-18-2005, 09:44 PM
If I had the money to get a tv specifically for gaming what would be the best one to get. I am looking for a nice sized screen and one that could produce the best visuals.
Oh and of course I'm not getting one but it's nice to dream. :cheers:

Reclaimer
03-18-2005, 10:51 PM
Probably the biggest thing to consider is high definition. That's your priority.
Then you must decide.. LCD or plasma. I'd go with LCD because I have this feeling that plasmas are still in the novelty phase in terms of durability.

There you go. Get yourself the biggest HD LCD TV you can afford.

jteqnique
03-19-2005, 12:43 AM
Think next gen as well. 720 p minimum,with DLP (digital light projection). DLP is the best for games because it won't burn-in the screen. Looks the best as well.

Variation-XBA
03-19-2005, 02:16 AM
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?CategoryName=xbr_projection&Dept=tvvideo&ProductSKU=KDF70XBR950
Mmmm.....70 inches of goodness

mattgame
03-19-2005, 01:39 PM
LoOks sweet Variation. Is there a difference between rear projection and other types of projection tv's? And is Sony the best brand?

Variation-XBA
03-19-2005, 01:54 PM
All brand have their different touches, I'm partial to Toshiba myself. Projo's used to be bad for gaming, since they could get burn-in easily, but nowadays it's not ushc a big deal since they have features to combat that.

mattgame
03-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Projection or not projection?

CharlieHustle
03-19-2005, 05:16 PM
doesnt matterIMO. I have a 46in hdtv projection. I got it for 3 reasons. the first two are the obvious, hd and widescreen, but the third was for gaming. I had this tv for almost a year and a half, and i have no problems out of it yet. picture is still perfect, and i play my xbox only on it.

MerimacHamwich
03-19-2005, 08:33 PM
I would say a nice HD (or compatible) DLP Rear Projection television. Size is a trivial thing, it depends on the area in which the TV is going to be viewed.

I prefer DLP because I believe they produce a brighter, more colourful image. My dream TV as of now is:
http://product.samsung.com/images/prod/product03/b2c_l_hlp5685.jpg
Samsung HL-P5685W (http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/product/b2c_product_detail.jsp?eUser=&prod_id=HLP5685WX%2fXAA)

Stunning set. The badass feature I like, for badassness, is how you "wipe" your hand over a sensor in the stand, and either the controls or something else lights up, can't remember. But it was badass.

vman
03-20-2005, 01:08 AM
hellz yeah:
http://www.itdg.org/images/old-tv-white.jpg

mattgame
03-20-2005, 03:46 AM
Yeah Vman yeah man!

SamSmith
03-20-2005, 04:09 AM
i got a plasma... nice to look at and all, but ive had it for about a year, maybe a bit more... and there are already missing pixels.. at this stage they are hard to notice, but still... when you pay that type of money for a tv youd want to get it lasting longer!!

mattgame
03-21-2005, 11:30 AM
Okay so no to plasma. So lcd, hd, with dlp. Yes?

yall
03-21-2005, 12:32 PM
A warning to potential DLP buyers. Some DLP TV's have a significant delay in the signal processing chain. It's limited to a few models, but can make gaming very frustrating. Try before you buy!

MerimacHamwich
03-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Okay so no to plasma. So lcd, hd, with dlp. Yes?
DLP is a completely different projection format (I suppose that's how you say it) than LCD. They are both in tight competition right now and have their up and downsides.

lllSmokelll
03-21-2005, 11:32 PM
i got a plasma... nice to look at and all, but ive had it for about a year, maybe a bit more... and there are already missing pixels.. at this stage they are hard to notice, but still... when you pay that type of money for a tv youd want to get it lasting longer!!
im lookin at ur sig, and im wondering, wut do u see in her? i dont find her attractive much at all

mattgame
03-26-2005, 10:51 PM
That's his girlfriend. Thanks for the help guys. I think I got it.