PDA

View Full Version : Colour me XBOX hmmm

Afro Aura
02-12-2002, 10:51 PM
Hey can someone tell me does the XBOX give out a RGB signal and if so would I be able to get a digital out for my system using one of the HD packs I'm in the UK and we have SCART leads, so can you tell me if I can attach a S-Video lead to one of the HD packs as I'm fed up with the ashy black I'm getting (noise interference)
:D

Ps I don't own a HD TV although if you've got one free I'll take it.

TheCovenant
02-12-2002, 10:54 PM
yes you can, but next time instead of going online and asking the entire world.....why dont you just do it and tell us what happens. Fortunatly, if you've got the connections right....yes you can plug you monster cable into a scart and the other two into the tv....the scart has to be connested to the tv though

Azazel
02-13-2002, 01:37 AM
Sure! I would be more than happy to give you my HDTV. No Prob..... Will there be anything else?

Afro Aura
02-13-2002, 12:25 PM
Sorry Covenant I haven't got any of the AV cables and I was just trying to get some information of which one I should buy, as there are too many out there, I hope none of these AV leads dont have phono inputs as with a phono lead all you get it composite
and I HATE COMPOSITE aaarrrggghhh why do these people use composite? it's shyt

l Maximus l
02-13-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura
Sorry Covenant I haven't got any of the AV cables and I was just trying to get some information of which one I should I buy, as there are 2 many out there, I hope none of these AV leads dont have phono inputs as with a phono lead all you get it composite
and I HATE COMPOSITE aaarrrggghhh why do these people use composite? it's shyt

They use composite because the majority of TVs use composite....I'm not sure about the UK, but, that's the case in the United States.

Personally, I am using the Advanced A/V Pack...it has S-Video and, yes, my TV has an S-Video input. I looks much better than the Composite solution...Especially since my TV is 36"

Afro Aura
02-13-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

They use composite because the majority of TVs use composite....I'm not sure about the UK, but, that's the case in the United States.

Personally, I am using the Advanced A/V Pack...it has S-Video and, yes, my TV has an S-Video input. I looks much better than the Composite solution...Especially since my TV is 36"

D@mn shame that you only having composite over there.

So your saying that it has a S-Video input so if I connect a S-Video lead straight into the A/V pack and at the other end have a SCART which I can put into the back of my TV I'm laughing, also can you tell me does that Advanced A/V pack have a digital/coaxial output so I can connect it to my DTS system, I do have a S-Video input on my TV, but it's at the front and I like to keep everything tidy I don't want lead everywhere theres enough leads at the pack of my Hi-Fi and my TV I don't want to follow suit with lead at the front

The reason why I'm asking all these questions is that it cost about £40 - £50 over here for XBOX leads and I dont want to buy the wrong one so I do apperciate your help, could you answer the Digital question too

Thanks mate:D:)

RGB Rulez

Frostberg
02-13-2002, 09:27 PM

D@mn shame that you only having composite over there.

Isint SCART comparable quality to S-Video? I'm pretty sure...but I still own with component inputs...

Afro Aura
02-13-2002, 10:11 PM
Isint SCART comparable quality to S-Video? I'm pretty sure...but I still own with component inputs...

Yeah Frostberg S-Video would give a better piture, but like I said I'd like to keep things tidy at the back of my system also I can get a S-Video to SCART lead made up so I don't have to worry about leads sticking out everywhere at the front:D

DBXNY
02-13-2002, 10:37 PM

Yeah Frostberg S-Video would give a better piture, but like I said I'd like to keep things tidy at the back of my system also I can get a S-Video to SCART lead made up so I don't have to worry about leads sticking out everywhere at the front:D

Well, actually, I think SCART quality can vary depending on the equipment. I believe SCART connection is analogous to the Coaxial connection here in the US - where both audio and video can be carried in the same connection. SCART, however, has the ability to handle composite, S-Video, and RGB video signals. If the SCART connection on your TV can handle RGB connection, then this will be equivalent to component input here in the U.S.

Afro Aura
02-14-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by DBXNY

Well, actually, I think SCART quality can vary depending on the equipment. I believe SCART connection is analogous to the Coaxial connection here in the US - where both audio and video can be carried in the same connection. SCART, however, has the ability to handle composite, S-Video, and RGB video signals. If the SCART connection on your TV can handle RGB connection, then this will be equivalent to component input here in the U.S.

Thanks I'm off to buy one of the Advanced A/V pack. Now with the SCART what I want to do is to connect the S-Video into the Advanced A/V pack and connect the SCART into the back of my TV (S-Video - SCART) and then use the other port in the A/V pack (thats if it has it) to connect a Coaxial or a Digital lead and send it to my DTS Hi-FI

RGB still RULES:cool: