PDA

View Full Version : I got RAW.

Dave
02-12-2002, 11:43 PM
I have only had it for a few hours, so I have some learning to do but so far I see some things I do like, and others I do not. The bad news so far is......

1 arena, it's just RAW.

The roster is very outdated due to the many delays.

There is no blood in this game. WHAT!

The create a player seems to go into too much detail and it takes a very long time to create a wrestler. I spent a long time on just 1 guy, and I am still not done yet.

No commentating during the matches. The music that play's during the matches is kinda annoying, and it would have been nice to get a play by play.

It seems pretty hard. I am getting my ass kicked so far, and it's hard for me to get used to this new engine. It's not as smooth as WM 2000 or No Mercy, and I do not like the way the meters work on this game. It has a voltage meter, and keeping the crowd happy is how you win using a variety of moves. Whitch means you can be kicking a guys ass, yet still be losing because the crowd is not pleased. So far this voltage meter is really annoying the hell out of me, and I miss WM2000's he who is kicking the other guys ass is winning as oposed to this crowd pleasing crap.

The good news.......

The graphics are fantastic. Some of the guys will enter the ring a little funny, or look a little off, but this game still looks kick ass.

There is a ton of things hidden in the game to make it a fun 1 player game, so hopefully I can someday get good enough at it to win a title. I bought the book and it has a monsterous list of extra's in the 1 player mode that need to be unlocked.

Match types, Single, Tag Team, Tornado, Triple Threat, Fatal 4 Way, Battle Royal, and Handicap.

Well it might take you an hour, but you should be able to make a guy look close to a missing superstar that is not in the game, there is a lot of extra's like weird masks and stuff, and there is a ton of stuff I have not even unlocked yet. You control the pyros your fellawalks into the ring, the lighting, the light colors, and everything.

I would say I cannot rate this game yet completely because I am not really good at it yet, I am not used to the new un-familiar engine yet, and I am not used to this new create a wrestler yet either, but I will say I hoped for a better first impression from this for sure. It's missing too many things, and this engine still seems to need work, whitch amazes me after all the delays. I plan on playing it, and giving it a fair shake, but I really expected better, and it would not suprise me if Gamecubes first wrestling game blows RAW away.

DT21
02-12-2002, 11:45 PM
Where did you get the game at?

Dave
02-12-2002, 11:48 PM
Funcoland in my area got them at 7:30 and they let people who had a deposit on the game pick it up early.

Vteck3000
02-12-2002, 11:51 PM
Well this is what a guy wrote on the NEW RELEASE FORUM of XBOXADDICT :

Hi there,
I have briefly reviewed the WWF RAW offical strategy guide from Prima and here are some information that wonders in your mind:

1. No blood!
2. No cage, no hell in a cell, nothing like those type of matches.
3. Chyna was removed from the game, some sites offically said she was kept in and they are wrong.
4. 4 hidden wrestlers in the game:
-Vince McMahon
-Shane McMahon
-Stephanie McMahon
-Fred Durst (Limp Bizkit)
*To unlock these people, you have to win the titles, such as WWF, hardcore, IC and so forth.
5. No tag team titles exist in the game

After seeing that and seeing what the guy said after playing it it doesn't seem like a MUST BUY. No blood no arenas no wrestling in the crowd............... man WHAT WAS THQ DOING DURING THIS DELAY OF THE GAME......... ??????????????????.............. don't you wanna know the answer to that question............. where they taking off stuff ............... or where they adding stuff................ and what stuff did they add ??????????????

Oh well another game that will be a rental :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

DT21
02-12-2002, 11:52 PM
Lucky! Well I can't wait for tomorrow:).

FlyBoy
02-12-2002, 11:59 PM
That sucks... I"ve heard a lot of the same stuff... I'm DEFINATELY not buying this game. I'm gonna rent and wait until someone comes out with the REAL DEAL. This is bull that they wouldn't get it right the first time. ONE FREAKIN' ARENA? Whatever. Good graphics should be EXPECTED with the XBOX, thats not going to be the deciding factor for me buying this game... and so far, thats about the ONLY big plus I've heard.

(hopefully I'll discover I'm wrong when I rent this hunk of rotten bologna)

Dave
02-13-2002, 12:14 AM
The mistakes made are just too big to get past. I can overlook a lot of the stuff others cannot, but no blood? That's like forgetting to put a football in a football game. This new engine is not that great either. It's not as smooth as I had hoped, and in my opinion it is much worse than the old N-64 games were. Those are my 2 biggest complaints, because they effect the play of the game itself. That's not even getting into the extra's this game should have had.

J Dub
02-13-2002, 09:50 AM
We've known about these shortfalls for a LONG time now. Why are you just starting to b*tch about it now?!

Ninja Scroll
02-13-2002, 09:55 AM
say it aint so THQ, say it aint soooooooo:confused:

When I play mine this evening i'll express my opinions tomorrow, but until then im not gonna say anything until I see it for myself!:)

Spaztic
02-13-2002, 10:47 AM
Yeah I have heard alot of mixed reviews, some say its the greatest wrestling game out, others feel they were screwed. I for one was disappointed becuase they cut mostly everything they promised...oh well I will let you guys know what I think once best buy gets the game in!

One question for an owner of the game....does the royal rumble have six charactors in the arena at one time...IGN said that 4 in ring and 2 out! Is that still the case? or is their just 4 in the entire area at a given time?

batman46st
02-13-2002, 11:00 AM
andI miss WM2000's he who is kicking the other guys ass is winning as oposed to this crowd pleasing crap. I miss it too!

ahhhhhhhhhhh man,:confused: even if its horrible I'll buy it.
I've been waiting too **** long for it.. Who knows maybe they put some kind of, code allowing us to use blood, one arina (ok that sounds bad) however lets see wat we can do with that one arina, (no hell in a cell) that one hurt. I freaking hate those parents who are taking away our violence, the same freaking parents that smoked weed did crack & heroin a bunch of ish, now they wanna tell us how much blood we can see in a game... ****** rate tha thing m and control your kids life not the rest of us...(im a lil mad about no blood)

l Maximus l
02-13-2002, 11:11 AM
I make it a point to rent games first anyway. Ever since my disappointment with Bloodwake.

X-Factor
02-13-2002, 11:18 AM
DOA3, Amped, BloodWake, and Wreckless have all dissapointed me... now RAW???

JJaX
02-13-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Vteck3000
4 hidden wrestlers in the game:
-Vince McMahon
-Shane McMahon
-Stephanie McMahon
-Fred Durst (Limp Bizkit)
*To unlock these people, you have to win the titles, such as WWF, hardcore, IC and so forth.

Ok fred Durst is a hidden character????
I think im just gonna buy as many copies of this game as i can........

mec's summary: fred can attempt to insert a piece of himself into himself

*JJaX pulls out his water gun to scare away all you incredibly ignorant Limp Bizkit fans

shererboat
02-13-2002, 11:38 AM
...sum ole simplistic pimp shiz, and start riots like limp bizkit..... Yeah ....LIMP BIZKIT!!....hahahahaha...
RIIIGGGHHHHHTTTTTT...........

shererboat
02-13-2002, 11:52 AM
actually, i think the only way i would buy this game is if they brought back bob backland so i could put the crossface chickenwing on fred durst.....:mad:

kappaknight
02-13-2002, 12:26 PM
I just got the game... I still can't figure out how to get out of a pin yet... so I'm sucking badly.

But GREAT THINGS:

The intro is GREAT! It's just like the show if not better.

Most of the characters are looking good.

the BAD THINGS:

The bitmap on Triple H is terrible. I don't know why they tried to make his hair a helmet and his face doesn't even look like him.

His intro is also errored... It has him holding the water bottle going up to the side of the ring which he usually throws out right before going up top.

Rikashi is GOD AWFULLY SLOW

I was able to do a "Last Ride" by Molly Holly on Rikashi. That was weird. (Or rather, it was done onto me.)

--------------------

Overall, I like the game so far. I'm sure I'll love it once I learn how to unlock some things. I wouldn't say it's a MUST buy, but I bought it cause I like the WWF and I got called back for Tough Enough 2 back in the day... Heh, just had to squeeze that in there.
:cool:

Dave
02-13-2002, 12:40 PM
Well I have owned it long enough now to have a better opinion of it, and I must admit, the more I played RAW the more I enjoyed it. I ended up playing it until 5am and feel like crap now, so I guess it could not have been all that bad.

I still am not completely used to the voltage meter, but I have won a couple titles and un-locked Shane and Stephanie McMahon, and a ton of stuff for the create a player mode now. The more I get used to the create a player and un-lock more things for this mode, the more I like it. I will have alot of fun with this mode making freaks and former superstars.

After a while I just kinda got used to all the stuff that is not on the game not being there, and did get past the disappointment, and will still enjoy the game for what it is, instead of what I hoped it would be. It's far from perfect, but not bad either once I got used to it, whitch took me a while really. I would reccomend it to wrestling game fans, but definitely suggest someone who was iffy on this game to rent it first. This new engine is one that definitely needs a tune up unfortunately though, so expect to spend a lot of time getting used to it if you do buy this game, you won't have the comphortable feel of complete control of your character. I have no idea why they completely scrapped a kick ass engine like the one in WM2000 and No Mercy, and had to make a complete new one, but they did, and this one just flat out is not as good as the old one.

l Maximus l
02-13-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by X-Factor
DOA3, Amped, BloodWake, and Wreckless have all dissapointed me... now RAW???

What the hell doesn't disappoint you? :rolleyes:

BiohazardEHW
02-13-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Dave
The create a player seems to go into too much detail and it takes a very long time to create a wrestler. I spent a long time on just 1 guy, and I am still not done yet.

Thats actually a good thing. I'd rather spend a ling time to make a great guy than spend a few minutes making a sucky guy. Plus, all the guys in real life suck and I would never use them, so a CAW mode is a MUST for a wrestling game.

fear_this
02-13-2002, 05:09 PM
You guies are prolly just missing things. Like i`m sure to get most of that **** its hidden in the story mode. You just have to find it. :)

fear_this
02-13-2002, 05:10 PM
+ He only played it for like an hour. What does he know? :D

Afro Aura
02-13-2002, 09:53 PM
Hey come on now this is a game for all your friends to come down and enjoy with a beat'em up everyone is trying to beat some down it gets a bit annoying if your not that good and losing 1-20, in wrestling it's a total different situation you can have a laugh with the way you got youself all twisted up. well I do don't you?

So come on leave it be. just get your 4 controllers the beer/drinks and the snacks and just have fun:D

BJDIrish1
02-13-2002, 11:47 PM
Someone asked about how many guys are in the ring during the Royal Rumble...well I've played the game a total of 6-8 hours and I don't recall seeing a Royal Rumble anywhere. Someone lemme know if i'm missing something.

CyberBOMB
02-14-2002, 12:49 AM
Royal Rumble is in Exibition mode and towards the bottom. I still dont know how to control the voltage meter. The graple system is a little off for me but the graphics make up for it. If anyone knows how i can bust people on the table in the hardcore match let me know. Also i think i got Mankind's mask. It looked kind of like it. i wonder if it really was it.

My items so far:

golf club
hubcab
microphone stand
baseball bat
table (does that count?)
ladder (does that count?)

Marc
02-14-2002, 02:45 AM
The game looks great, sounds great, but plays like *****, so in my opinion, it sucks. But I guess it's better than no wwf ame for xbox...

Afro Aura
02-14-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Marc
The game looks great, sounds great, but plays like *****, so in my opinion, it sucks. But I guess it's better than no wwf ame for xbox...

Tell me does it play like the N64 WWF games, if so let me know or if anyone else has played it and if feels like N64 I would be thankfull:D

batman46st
02-14-2002, 08:43 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marc
The game looks great, sounds great, but plays like *****, so in my opinion, it sucks. But I guess it's better than no wwf ame for xbox... [/QUOTE

Thats right, always look at the bright side. I'm buying the sucky ass game I lovethrowing away 50 of my hard erned money mhm like doa3,batman vengience, nba live2002... lol lets throw away another 50 bucks..however thats it im not buying another wrestling game till they bring back the old way of wrestlemania 2000....

kappaknight
02-14-2002, 11:03 AM
I dunno... I have been disappointed by most [X] games... Maybe that's just part of growing up. We expect PERFECTION when we'll never get it. Remember how the old Nintendo controllers used to amuse us and it was great? Or Mario 1 kept us playing for months? I never did beat that thing...