PDA

View Full Version : Steel Battalion Q's

Jonathan san
03-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Is Steel Battalion like controlling a mobile suit or more like controlling a mech in mechassault? Can you fly in the game, or are you only limited to the ground? Im asking these questions because i wanna know if i should buy the game and the massively overly priced controller? (I want to play the game if its like controlling a mobile suit because ive been watching the new Gundam Seed Destiny Series and its the shizzzat! :)

AlphaRaptor
03-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Its a mech sim, not at all like mech assault. To me, its how a mech game should be made. I loved Mechwarrior 4 because you felt in control of the mech, that is, control of everything, not just the guns and stick. If I had the cash, I'd get SB, no questions asked. But if your more into the action shoot em up style of Mechassault, you may or may not like SB....at least not enough to spend $200 on it.

Variation-XBA
03-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Is Steel Battalion like controlling a mobile suit or more like controlling a mech in mechassault? Can you fly in the game, or are you only limited to the ground? Im asking these questions because i wanna know if i should buy the game and the massively overly priced controller? (I want to play the game if its like controlling a mobile suit because ive been watching the new Gundam Seed Destiny Series and its the shizzzat! :)

It's like controlling a "real" mech. You can't fly, but you can do small bursts, but nothing like Mechassault.

It's for the mech enthousiasts, if you arn't hardcore into mechs, you dont need this.

Nurb
03-22-2005, 04:03 AM
so a game and controller is still more than the system? bastards still ripping people off for 3 hunks of plastic