PDA

View Full Version : My Beef with MX vs ATV Unleashed

MXracer721
03-21-2005, 10:33 PM
OK im happy and pissed at the same time. This game is coming out, its my favorite game by far for any console (im into motocross big time as a racer and a fan) and is FINALLY online. Well thats great. I read the interview thats on the front page, and it was an excellent interview. OK now im pissed. WTF is the deal with TWO PLAYERS on one console OMFG there are four ports on a xbox...USE THEM THATS WHY I BOUGHT A XBOX. I'm really starting to think THQ buying Rainbow has hurt this series. Look back at ATV: Off Road Fury 2. It had EVERTHING you could think of. The bikes (quads), all the customization FOUR PALYER and ONLINE PLAY. Nothing was more fun than playing with 4 of my buddies even tho you had to by a multitap. Then it was a PS2 only game. To me it seems like Sony must have helped push Rainbow to their limits. My question is, how can a game LOSE features that PREVIOUS games had?! I mean come on Rainbow! No downloadable content? This game MUST have downloadable tracks! Its obvious they only care about ps2 owners, the only extra feature xbox has is the Soundtrack-Thank GOD it has that. NO SYSTEM LINK EITHER! WTF This game is sooooooooooooooooooooo good to not have this especially because its only 2 player. Well im picking this game up on wednesday (i think) when it gets released, i'll be very happy with it but at the same time so dissappointed that this game falls short. I wish there was more competition in this genre, then i know rainbow would shine brighter than they already do. OH well im done complaining.

Casper
03-22-2005, 06:41 AM
Hah, funny, because your saying the same things about the game that Stephen (aka Kamshaft) is also saying. He can't believe they actually kept system link out of the game, same goes with only 2 players per system. I'll be passing on this one.

ramprider0
03-22-2005, 08:06 AM
I'll be buying it because I'm a MX addict and I can't help myself!!!!

BTW does it come out later today or tomorrow? I'm kinda confused.

Kamshaft
03-22-2005, 08:25 AM
I feel your pain, dude.

I have no idea why they left out all that stuff. Downloadable tracks, and system link. They must of been smoking something. See, in my eyes they could of released less tracks, like 40 instead of the 50+ like they talk about, and then have users download them over the course of the next year or so, maybe even for a fee....heck, they could even release old tracks from MCM2, or ATV, and cut dev time and costs that way.

I personally have given up on THQ and Rainbow on making the next big killer MX title. I keep wishing title after title, promisse after promisse and I'm thru. They keep adding hoky things, like golf carts, and stuff...instead of using a working racing recipe. Multiplayer, whether it's in Xbox Live or system link format as long as it there and not put there like a second thought. 6 player Xbox Live? Strange.

Kamshaft
03-22-2005, 10:31 AM
I just got off with a PR guy from THQ. The guy out right lied (what else is new with PR people), he said two months ago ..."yes, Stephen, it will have Downloadable content, yes it will have System Link."...and now it's "We are proud of this title. I don't remember having that conversation." What a pile of crap!

MXracer721
03-22-2005, 11:30 AM
man i'm glad im not the only one that is really pissed off by this. I wish they would also add in some tracks from MCM2, would be great to play voodoo basin with updated graphics and physics. With the deal with 50+ tracks...someone on a MX forum brought up a great point, they have over 50 tracks but they added in machine races and supermoto. MXU had like 46 tracks with only 2 race types. WTF? To me this should have had at least over 60 tracks OR downloadable content because of added race types. And with them adding in the golf carts and stuff, its obvious they want this to be a very mainstream game. It seems the problem is that they have everything ass backwards, they get all the unimportant stuff in (golf carts) and then skimp on the online play and extra features. OH and where the hell is the old Tag game that they had in MCM2 or hockey that was in ATV2? What the crap? I mean if u want this to be fun for all players not just for racing, those are two major gametypes that should have been in there especially with online. But u know what having the golf cart and monster truck in the game made for a really good commercial for this game! If you have seen the supercross races on tv you know what im talkin about. And after all this complaining and im still gonna buy this first thing tomorrow, sad but true.

Ramprider, the game comes out tomorrow.

Casper, the sad thing is this game is way too good to pass up on even w/o all the bells and whistles.

And stephen and ramprider, hope to play ya on Live, im kinda worried that there wont be alot of people on xbox playing this game.

mattgame
03-22-2005, 11:43 AM
It's getting good reviews, I may rent first. I wonder why no system link though.

ramprider0
03-22-2005, 11:51 AM
I too think that their screwing us over on alot of aspects but I gotta get my fix so I can't boycott 'em or anything but I just wish that they'd take our input alot more seriously! But I'll see ya online tomorrow MXracer!

MXracer721
03-22-2005, 12:14 PM
It's getting good reviews, I may rent first. I wonder why no system link though.
its really worth buying. they have a new race format. For supercross you have to have a practice session, then a heat race and depending on how u finish then u get to pick ur gate...just like in a real race. How cool is that? And also the nationals im hearing are a 2 race format like in real life. So for example if Rider A gets first in the first moto and Rider B gets second, and then in the second moto Rider A gets second and Rider B gets first, rider B wins the race. And you can also go like 3-3 in the motos and still have a win for the race, it all depends on how everyone else does in the race. Im kinda wondering if they will implement this into online play. Would be freaking awesome if you could have a practice/heat/main for supercross and then two motos for nationals. i guess i'll find out tomorrow, since i havent played it for ps2 yet.

Ramprider- yep i'll be playin it for sure tomorrow, and this kid i nkow from racing just told me last night that he beat Branden Jesseman at the game, and i bet teh only time he'll ever beat him is in a game lol. I dont know how much u follow MX but i thought it was pretty cool.

ramprider0
03-22-2005, 12:20 PM
I follow MX really closely but I think Branden Jessemen won a SX title in 2002 right? Well I don't remember but Jessemen has had tons of bad luck lately! Thats awesome your friend got to play against him though! I already got you on my friends list so we'll have to race tomorrow for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

ramprider0
03-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Wow great now Gamespot says it comes out the 24th I'm really getting tired of THQ's crap! If it doesn't come out tomorrow I'll be so pissed.

MXracer721
03-22-2005, 02:18 PM
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/246450.asp

ships today comes out tomorrow

ramprider0
03-22-2005, 02:23 PM
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/246450.asp

ships today comes out tomorrow
Well then the people at Gamespot do some damn good drugs :)

Reclaimer
03-22-2005, 06:33 PM
After reading what has been posted here, now I know why Rob Baumsteiger pretty much shafted me on a bunch of my questions in my interview. My initial gripe was that he didn't really expand on anything and when he did it seemed like bad news in regards to the question.
Though I was glad to get an interview answered.. that's always a good thing, I felt that this was one of the strangest one's in terms of answers.
After reading MXracer's post, now I know why.

MXracer721
03-22-2005, 10:20 PM
heres a nice find, at least we know they are lying about the workers being into moto.... http://www.motonews.com/mototalk2/showprofile.php?Cat=&User=RBW_Triton&Number=300703&Board=motomain&what=showflat&page=&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

in case its not obvious, thats a MX forum, actually the one for all the "big boys" in the MX/SX industry and riders, oh and its a pay site not free. just a nice lil tid bit of info.

ramprider0
03-23-2005, 05:56 AM
After reading what has been posted here, now I know why Rob Baumsteiger pretty much shafted me on a bunch of my questions in my interview. My initial gripe was that he didn't really expand on anything and when he did it seemed like bad news in regards to the question.
Though I was glad to get an interview answered.. that's always a good thing, I felt that this was one of the strangest one's in terms of answers.
After reading MXracer's post, now I know why.
Yeah his answers did seem a bit short, I would have liked alot more detail about the game in the interview he could have went a little more in depth to explain some of the features of the game better. And the whole deal with went on with the release dates was pretty much ridiculous, I really wish another game developer would step up and make an awesome MX game to make THQ/Rainbow step up and take it a little more seriously.

MXracer721
03-23-2005, 09:06 AM
whatever happened to Robb Rinard? I remember seeing the MX Unleashed video last year (maybe longer) showcasing all the new updates that MXU got and it was Robb Rinard explaining everything in the video. Is he still working there? I dont remember his exact job title but i remember he was one of the head guys. I wonder what this game would be like with a different publisher other than THQ (look at ATV2 when Sony was the publisher, it was great game)? How much say does THQ have in the game?

Marc_01
03-23-2005, 10:35 AM
You guys are echoing exactly my thoughts and the thoughts of a lot of people that love MX.

My big beef is what is reported in the online play. 6 riders, no xbl 3.0 support, no downloadable tracks and no friends list? I've never played a xbl game that doesn't have the ability to invite your friends!!! I'll cut some slack since its the first xbl game from them.

I wouldn't really care about these features of xbl if they didn't spend so much time on non sense extras like golf carts and monster trucks.

I'll have to see whats up later today if the game really comes out....

MXracer721
03-23-2005, 11:49 AM
its out im palying it right now....more later./

Marc_01
03-23-2005, 12:43 PM
MXracer,

I'll be at work for quite a while.. let me know how the online is and what game modes you can actually do online. and does it have a friends list!! :)

MXracer721
03-23-2005, 02:55 PM
the online is pretty good, it does have friends and u can see ur friends list at just about any time, there are a few spots where u cant see it tho. online is good and not laggy so far, but not many people are on. as of now im undefeated :hump:

Marc_01
03-23-2005, 03:24 PM
awesome.. Sounds good. Can't wait to get out this damn office and hit some races tonight.

MXracer721
03-23-2005, 03:28 PM
yea wow online is sweet, just liekt he old MCM2 days only u can talk :D its great, havent lost yet.

Stranger
03-24-2005, 03:31 PM
What CC are the bikes? is it just 125 and 250's?

MXracer721
03-24-2005, 04:09 PM
they have 50s, 125s, 250fs, 250s, 450fs, and 500s
the classes are 50, 125, 250 and 500

Stranger
03-24-2005, 04:43 PM
hmm..sounds good i used to have a Kawasaki KMX 125..not many 500cc dirtbikes around..or i didnt think so apart from the old XT500 or are they not using licensed bikes?

ramprider0
03-24-2005, 06:47 PM
I think some people are already starting to cheat online! I was the holder of the fastest lap on Los Angeles I think it was a 53.95 and some guy has a 43.?? something. I'm really doubting that its legit what do you guys think, I think its bogus!

Marc_01
03-25-2005, 10:50 AM
I saw the same crap man.. I have a 53.xx something, it was like 4th last night.. Then I look at this corn ball with a 43!?

I was told that if you blaze your first lap, you can turn low 40s. I haven't tried it yet, but i'll see tonight.

ramprider0
03-25-2005, 12:02 PM
I didn't think your first lap counts? Does it?

Marc_01
03-25-2005, 01:08 PM
I'm not exactly sure. It shouldn't and if it doesn't. That guy has found a short cut somewhere.

MXracer721
03-25-2005, 01:41 PM
first laps counted on MXU but they dont on this one. he must have found a glitch or a major shortcut. thats what this game is about, finding all the shortcuts.

Marc_01
03-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Not for me it isn't. I don't cut corners unless its jump to jump.

MXracer721
03-26-2005, 05:53 PM
anyone having problems with their game locking up on them? has happend to me 5 times, both in game and in menu. wtf?

ramprider0
03-26-2005, 06:30 PM
I haven't had it lock up but I've had text stay on the screen no matter what menu you switch to for periods of time.

MXracer721
03-28-2005, 10:57 AM
had it lock up AGAIN. well anyways, i just read they are making a patch for Xbox Live. Heres the info... http://www.motonews.com/mototalk2/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=motomain&Number=332162&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

RBW triton works for Rainbow :D maybe that will stop the lock up problem.

ramprider0
03-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Hopefully it'll fix the voice and joining problems too!

Bulldog
04-20-2005, 11:37 AM
whatever happened to Robb Rinard?
From what I heard Robb Rinard was "let go" from Rainbow shortly after MXU shipped. And then Stephan Roncada quit shotrly after that.

Two Miles High
04-21-2005, 11:38 AM
you can really tell that roncada left...the outdoor natl's are kinda pathetic.
I'm not even gonna try and play online until the patch comes out...I can't connect to hardly anygames and the voice is not working....I feel like I am playing mx unleashed except with 40 bucks less in my wallet. oh the review on the front page=worthless

Reclaimer
04-21-2005, 08:00 PM
the review on the front page=worthless

The interview I did with Rob Baumsteiger turned out pretty worthless too.

MXracer721
04-21-2005, 11:50 PM
From what I heard Robb Rinard was "let go" from Rainbow shortly after MXU shipped. And then Stephan Roncada quit shotrly after that.
roncada's name is in the credits in the booklet.

Two Miles High
04-22-2005, 09:38 AM
well in your defense reclaimer, it did not seem like Rob was giving you much to work with...

MXracer721
04-22-2005, 10:32 AM
well in your defense reclaimer, it did not seem like Rob was giving you much to work with...
yea it wasnt the questions that were the problem it was the answers. the game fell short in so many categories and Rob knew it, the only thing this game has is the gameplay and tracks. i could go into more detail but i already have, its just this game has such good gameplay taht it makes the game worth having.