PDA

View Full Version : Halo challenge!

Azazel
02-13-2002, 01:28 AM
What do you guys think about using this thread for Halo challenges? For example: if someone rags on one of your posts, you could challenge him to a match and then post the results telling eveyone you kicked his a s s (if you win).

Seems like kind of a cool idea. Let me know if anyones interested and maybe we could get XBA to leave this post up at the top.

My first challenge will be to Maximus! He made a wise crack on one of my threads. Im not upset of course, but Id like to see what he's made of!

Maximus if your down for the challenge then reply to this thread for an a s s whooping!

Gamespy Id: TY:cool:

JJaX
02-13-2002, 10:14 AM
I think its a great idea, If Halo was meant for the internet that is. In order to have a fair competiton you need a fair playing grounds. With gamespy the host always has an advantage of 0 ping. Im pretty sure if i host i can take on anyone by myself and win. Even bring some friends for the ride. 4 on 1's are fair for me, As long as i host, i know ill win.

shererboat
02-13-2002, 10:21 AM
tru, i dont think u'll have a completely fair match, b/c halo technically wasnt meant for online play, so someone will prob always lag......

but im all for halo competition though!!!!

Dark-one187
02-13-2002, 10:31 AM
I think it is a good idea even if i do not play halo and haven't tired anyways great idea

FlyBoy
02-13-2002, 10:36 AM
Dark-one187... HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING IN A HOLE??? GET HALO!!!:D

Good idea though...

Dark-one187
02-13-2002, 10:38 AM
no i do not like first person shooters

l Maximus l
02-13-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by ty818
What do you guys think about using this thread for Halo challenges? For example: if someone rags on one of your posts, you could challenge him to a match and then post the results telling eveyone you kicked his a s s (if you win).

Seems like kind of a cool idea. Let me know if anyones interested and maybe we could get XBA to leave this post up at the top.

My first challenge will be to Maximus! He made a wise crack on one of my threads. Im not upset of course, but Id like to see what he's made of!

Maximus if your down for the challenge then reply to this thread for an a s s whooping!

Gamespy Id: TY:cool:

hehehe, TY...I made a wisecrack?! Wow...that's cool :D I didn't realize I did...but, we've played before and I already whipped your ass at Halo :D hehe...I guess that's wisecrack number 2 now!!! Cool!!! REMATCH!!! NICE!! :D

Name your place, time, and everything :D I'll be there with my pistol, Shotgun, and Rocket Launcher and a pocket full of grenades waiting for ya :D

Azazel
02-13-2002, 01:25 PM
Very true JJax. Im just a bit too eager to get the online play rolling I guess. Host definetly has an advantage in gamespy and lag is really unfair.

Maximus, I dont remember playing you? I have played a Maximus recently, but didnt you change yours to XBA Maximus? Either way I will still woop up on you. I am on from about 9Pm to 2Am PST. ( However I fractured my shoulder snowboarding yesterday, so I can play any time).

Both of us should host a game back and fourth until one of us wins both. This will be my only challenge on this thread and then I will wait for online.

After I win I will rejoice with a large beer and I will watch the simpsons in memory of Max!

Gamespy Id: Ty

JJaX
02-13-2002, 01:29 PM
I say if your doing a one on one.

One person hosts, Then look at opponents score (assuming the host won)

Do this again but opposite, Then compare non-hosting scores.

Azazel
02-13-2002, 01:31 PM
Jax if your interested I would like to play you too. (this is in no way a taunt or challenge). I read some of the Halo tips you posted a while back and they really helped me out, so Id like to see how good I can do against a real expert.

Gamespy Id : TY:cool:

l Maximus l
02-13-2002, 01:35 PM
hehe, Ty...I definatley remember playing you...And, I remember cleaning your clock :D But, it's all good...let's do it up again :)

By the way, I'm not a huge trash talker, so, I'm jsut kiddng around with ya...I should be on around 10:00pm tonight...

By the way, I finally changed my name to [XBA]-Maximus last night. Before I was just "Maximus" :)

JJaX
02-13-2002, 01:35 PM
Ill look you up next time i play :)

But i never really one on one, I always have Nik with me. Or Nik + shereboat. Being we play online at Niks Crib :D

Azazel
02-13-2002, 01:36 PM
That sounds like a better idea!

Ive noticed the only time games seem really fair is late night. Pings are usually really low and I can host 3 total boxes without lag. (depending on player of course).

They just need to hurry up with online!! :confused:

EthanQT
02-13-2002, 01:38 PM
I cant wait to see who will win. Exciting !!!

l Maximus l
02-13-2002, 01:39 PM
By the way, it seems to me that I don't lag hardly at all when another person hosts a game...if the ping is under 130, I don't see anything other than a minor glitch here and there...and, only if there are no more than 3 total XBoxes. If there are 4, then, only a TI will be sufficient, if you ask me....especially if you go in as a challenger rather than a host.

EthanQT
02-13-2002, 01:40 PM
post a pic too if you can, so i can see the corpse of the loser looks like ;)

shererboat
02-13-2002, 01:41 PM
id def like to get in on sum team play......id be down for sum 1 0n 1 too, but being that i dont get on gamespy unless im at my boy Niks crib, thats not likely to happen.......

l Maximus l
02-13-2002, 01:56 PM
Yeah, Shererboat...some Team gaming would be sweet! I have a couple buddies that need to catch up to me, though...I've been getting a lot better.

I met this dude local to the Seattle area on Gamespy a few weeks ago. We have never met in person or talked on the phone and probably never will, but, we always look for eachother on Gamespy because we make a good team. Last night, I played with him on a team and we played a couple duded that claimed to be undefeated on Gamespy. They hosted the first game, and we lost 50-34. However, because there was some lag, I asked if I could host the game...then we won 50-41. So, I think there is an advantage being the host...but, then again, my first game with them was the first game of the day. In Halo, it's good to always warm up a little, I think...just takes one battle.

My point is that I have gotten better, but, probably still not up to JJax, Shererboat, or NIK2Deep level...but, I'm getting closer. It would be cool to have another Team Slayer bout some time soon. I have yet to play Shererboat anyway...but, it would be cool to do it sometime soon :D

Azazel
02-13-2002, 02:19 PM
Same here Max. Its all just joking around in good fun! Taunts just make the game more interesting sometimes.

If you hadnt changed your name then yes we did play the other night! You definetly got some skills, Ill see what I can do against em!

l Maximus l
02-13-2002, 02:26 PM
Same here Max. Its all just joking around in good fun! Taunts just make the game more interesting sometimes.

If you hadnt changed your name then yes we did play the other night! You definetly got some skills, Ill see what I can do against em!

Exactly, dude! I just like having fun :) Trash talk is in our nature...we're dudes, you know? ;)

I'll be on tonight...I'll look you up...vice versa and stuff :D

Azazel
02-13-2002, 04:33 PM
If anyone else is down for some games tonight come find us! Keep an eye out for an XBA room around 10PM west coast time.

Gamespy Id : TY

l Maximus l
02-13-2002, 04:38 PM
If anyone else is down for some games tonight come find us! Keep an eye out for an XBA room around 10PM west coast time.

Yo, Ty...I always create a room called "Seattle Slayer", just so you know. Often times there are some additional words after "Seattle Slayer"...but, it always begins with those two words.

I may be on around 10:00pm, unless my wife makes me watch the Olympics again... I actually like watching them, but, I could do well without watching another Ice Skating competition :(

I will definately be on tonight, though...I just don't know what time. The latest will be 11:00pm. Let's compete or play on a Team or something :)

kazual
02-13-2002, 05:16 PM
Yah.. we canadians really got shafted by the judging on the pairs figure skating..

l Maximus l
02-13-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by kazual
Yah.. we canadians really got shafted by the judging on the pairs figure skating..

Dude, one thing is for sure, I never look forward to watching figure skating...my wife made me! :eek: But, I must admit, I was really hoping that the Canadian team would win...and, in my opinion, like the rest of the entire world, knows that they actually should have been wearing gold instead of Silver. That Russian team was a good team, but, they blew it and still won! WTF?

Xtopia
02-13-2002, 06:01 PM
dudes look me up!!!! Ill try and get on tonight. it would be sweeet to have 2 v. 2 all XBA members :cool: Yo max, i looked you up a few nights ago and there are like 30 Maximus'! No joke! but now that you changed your name to XBA Maximus it should be better.

Azazel
02-13-2002, 07:10 PM
Sounds good Max. Doesnt matter what time you get on ,cause I should be on all night. Go ahead and add me to your list when you get on. That will make it easier!

Teams would be nice, so any xba members with good pings come on in for some late night slayer.