PDA

View Full Version : THQ- You Suck Squirrel Nuts

Chr0nik
02-13-2002, 07:21 AM
Just got off the phone with my friend who drove down to the states to pick up a copy of RAW.

After playing it for 4 hours he is very dissapointed for the lack of features that were "supposed" to be included in RAW.

Can we get our moneyback due to false advertising on the part of THQ for falsely claiming features that are not included?

He is bringing it over this morning so I can try it out and I will post a full review this evening.

I will quote my friend Rob directly " This game reminds me of WCW Nitro for Playstation, it is another piece of crap."

I cannot comment more than this as my friend can sometimes be a dumbass, but he is usually dead on when it comes to games.

CyberBOMB
02-13-2002, 07:34 AM
Strange, I went to Gameproz, KBToys, Best Buy and Toys R Us yesterday and they all said it wouldnt arrive til the 13th.

Ninja Scroll
02-13-2002, 08:05 AM
stop your b!tchen yo! Just return it if your not happy! Sheeeeesh:rolleyes:
And as far as false advertising, what did they false advertise?

CyberBOMB
02-13-2002, 08:11 AM
Hey ninja did you buy it? Its not like Nitro right? cuz i played Nitro and it sucked monkey balls.

Ninja Scroll
02-13-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by CyberBOMB
Hey ninja did you buy it? Its not like Nitro right? cuz i played Nitro and it sucked monkey balls.

No cyberbomb, you know why? Cause he aint even got it! Like I have been saying all along. This game shipped on 2/12/02 not in stores that day:rolleyes:
And that's everywhere, so btw I am picking mine up right after I get off work today!:D

darianX
02-13-2002, 08:28 AM
It probably can't even be bought until today (13th)...I don't know how this guy got it. His buddy is probably one of those whiny crybabies that will slam and flame anything for a few minor details. It comes down to this: Is the game fun to play? That's all you need. The length, special features and so on don't mean jack.

CyberBOMB
02-13-2002, 08:34 AM
yeah darin X thats what im talking about.

if i can play 4 players and not spend the whole time on the floor then im happy.

fear_this
02-13-2002, 08:39 AM
He is just mad they dont show the superstars nude. :D

X-Factor
02-13-2002, 11:08 AM
In the early builds of WWF Raw there was blood, and lots of it. Blood that stained the mats!

l Maximus l
02-13-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by X-Factor
In the early builds of WWF Raw there was blood, and lots of it. Blood that stained the mats!

Yeah, I'm a little confused why blood is left out, too. Wierd...I remember seeing screenshots with pleny of blood. It seems to me that THQ was doing more deleting than adding during the delay. :confused:

El Pollo Loco
02-13-2002, 11:24 AM
no blood is unfortunate. i've been looking forward to beating my friends into bloody pulps.

Shadow Fox
02-13-2002, 11:29 AM
My local EB has them in stock today- even one in the kiosk. RAW is definately good; it plays like Wrestlemania 2k on N64. All the moves are fluid and the characters have a darker feel like during Survivor series pay-per-views. The intros are kick-ass, and show more details than the PS2 version (SmackDown, bleh).

Oh yeah, the crowd looks bad, but what wrestling game actually concentrates on this? Anyway, the lighting editors did a good job masking this with the darker lighting during intros and some close-ups, so it's hardly noticable, which is excellent. You can see every detail of each character, right down to The Rock's "Brama Bull" on his right arm.

I might pick this one up, but I'm gonna rent it first this weekend. Anyone know when Morrowind comes out? Gotta save cheese for that one, too...

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

batman46st
02-13-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by darianX
It probably can't even be bought until today (13th)...I don't know how this guy got it. His buddy is probably one of those whiny crybabies that will slam and flame anything for a few minor details. It comes down to this: Is the game fun to play? That's all you need. The length, special features and so on don't mean jack.

There is no way he got it already, and ****** give this game atleast a week before you judge **** it might be the phattest wrestling game out there. we're focusing tooo tooo tooo much on wat it doesnt have look at wat it does have and maybe you'll say hey this is a phat game..

Dave
02-13-2002, 12:57 PM
Shadow Fox it does not play like Wrestlemania 2k on N-64 at all. That like a lot of other things, is a complete lie that was used to push this game. I read it played alot like WM 2k before I bought it, but once I got it in my X-box that was the first thing I noticed was how much different it played that it was supposed to.

Hopefully WM for Gamecube uses that old engine, and if it does WM for Gamecube will definitely be a much better Wrestling game. If this game had used that old engine it would be a much better game, but it's hard to get completely over the new wierd crowd voltage meter, as opposed to a how bad you have had your ass kicked meter, the almost impossible to execute finishing moves that were easy in 2k, who you pick does not matter, Trish Stratus can give Rock a run for his money in RAW, in 2k she would get destroyed easily like it should be, and you will just not have that complete control feeling you had in 2k.

Do not even expect an engine that closely resemble the one in 2k. That was like the guy who posted this said, just 1 of many lies THQ wrote about this game before it was released. I do not blame him for being ****ed off, they did lie, and when you expect something, then get something does not even resemble what you were told you just bought, it is frustrating. That was my highest expectation was an engine that was a lot like 2k's but this RAW engine is nothing at all like it.

Chr0nik
02-13-2002, 01:30 PM
Just because you guys are not old enough to go to the store without your parents does not mean that the game could not have been acquired on the 12th. I forgot that you guys are the all mighty.

I am just warning you that this game is going to dissapoint many of us, hey I bought Xbox primarily for this game, I feel **** let down.

Why bother delaying a game for half a year when the finished product is released with less features than originally announced.

Take your ninja swords out of your A S S E S and wakeup. The wool has been pulled over our eyes once again by developers who don't take into consideration what fans want.

You can believe me or not, I personally don't care.

darianX
02-13-2002, 03:38 PM
Just because you guys are not old enough to go to the store without your parents...

Hey now, I take offense to that!!! Wait, it should feel good since I'm 32......anyway I didn't find it in the stores yesterday because it wasn't displayed yet.

thunderkiss2k1
02-13-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by CyberBOMB

It is truly desturbing to me to know that you have looked closely enough at a monkey to know it even has balls :)

Shadow Fox
02-13-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Dave
Shadow Fox it does not play like Wrestlemania 2k on N-64 at all. That like a lot of other things, is a complete lie that was used to push this game. I read it played alot like WM 2k before I bought it, but once I got it in my X-box that was the first thing I noticed was how much different it played that it was supposed to.

Hopefully WM for Gamecube uses that old engine, and if it does WM for Gamecube will definitely be a much better Wrestling game. If this game had used that old engine it would be a much better game, but it's hard to get completely over the new wierd crowd voltage meter, as opposed to a how bad you have had your ass kicked meter, the almost impossible to execute finishing moves that were easy in 2k, who you pick does not matter, Trish Stratus can give Rock a run for his money in RAW, in 2k she would get destroyed easily like it should be, and you will just not have that complete control feeling you had in 2k.

Do not even expect an engine that closely resemble the one in 2k. That was like the guy who posted this said, just 1 of many lies THQ wrote about this game before it was released. I do not blame him for being ****ed off, they did lie, and when you expect something, then get something does not even resemble what you were told you just bought, it is frustrating. That was my highest expectation was an engine that was a lot like 2k's but this RAW engine is nothing at all like it. In a sense, you are right; and I'm sorry I portrayed the game that way. But it was fun the few 200 or so seconds I played of it, and the GRAPPLING SYSTEM (punch beats kick, puch beats grapple) is still there in a way. The play is more methodical, although somewhat faster than WWF2k IMO.

I myself didn't get a chance to do a finisher, so I wouldn't know about the crowd meter, although it did go up faster than I expected. Monitoring power at the bottom of the screen is not my forte', but I got over it quick, just like the previous grappling games. I too hope X8 will be better (since it holds alot more features), and it's even rumored to have NwO legions included within the game. Either way, it looks like I may own both wrestlers- RAW was actually fun to me on a trial run. The truth will be told when I rent it, though...

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict