PDA

View Full Version : Need help in downsizing my Xbox game collection

MixMasta
03-25-2005, 02:03 PM
Well, the end of this generation is slowly approaching, and I think its time I got rid of at least half of my Xbox games. A lot of these games are good, but there isn't much point in keeping them if I will never play them again. Anyways, I want to keep the games that helped defined the Xbox as a system and/or were important to this videogame era in someway. I have a little over 40 Xbox games right now, a lot of have been traded for others, and many I haven't beaten because I either got bored with them, stuck at a part, or I just didn't have time. I want to get my game collection down to about 15 games, and I need help in deciding games need to go, and if I have any desire, I'll try to beat them before trading or selling them. Ok, here is the list:

-Amped
-Amped 2
-Halo
-Halo 2
-Splinter Cell
-Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
-Ghost Recon
-Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
-Ghost Recon 2
-Mech Assault
-Capcom vs SNK 2
-Phantasy Star Online
-Genma Onimusha
-Madden 2002
-NFL 2K3
-Deathrow
-Oddworld: Munch's Odysee
-Fable
-Morrowind
-Counterstrike
-Rainbow Six 3
-Dead to Rights
-Metal Gear Solid 2
-GTA III
-GTA Vice City
-Matt Hoffman BMX 2
-Dave Mirra BMX 2
-Serious Sam
-Tony Hawk 3
-Prince of Persia
-Brothers in Arms
-Knights of the Old Republic
-Jet Set Radio Future
-JSRF/Sega GT Combo
-Panzer Dragoon Orta
-Timesplitters 2
-Enclave
-Unreal Championship
-Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance

Those are all the games I can remember that I currently own. Anyways, I know there will be the given...Halo and Morrowind. So which other games should I definitely keep. Popularity, raririty, replay value, sentimental value, etc. are all factors for me. Also, XBL playability is not really an issue anymore, since most people stopped playing the old XBL games..

Variation-XBA
03-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Let me know what ones you want to get rid of, I want to get some of em :) Make sure to keep Orta though. And deathrow is rare, hold onto that.

Stranger
03-26-2005, 01:13 PM
Keep
Amped 2
Halo
Halo 2
Splinter Cell
Deathrow
Oddworld: Munch's Odysee
Fable
Morrowind
Metal Gear Solid 2
Tony Hawk 3
Prince of Persia
Brothers in Arms
Knights of the Old Republic
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Timesplitters 2

though that is just my opinion

natedog8
03-26-2005, 01:24 PM
how could you not say halo after he said he wants to keep the games that "helped defined the Xbox as a system and/or were important to this videogame era in someway"

:yikes:

Stranger
03-26-2005, 01:30 PM
opps accident i'll put that back in

Max33
03-27-2005, 12:12 PM
As a long time gamer I'm kinda big on keeping a big gaming library for nastalgia's sake.
Too often I'll think back to a game and wish I could play it,even if only to mess around with it for an hr or so, for those in-between times,you know,when no exciting games are on the immediate horizon & I've played all my "great" games to death.

Bearing that in mind,I'd say get rid of youre least favorite of the Amped games.Capcom and SNK will probably come out with newer itterations,so will Tony Hawk & MK.I'd drop the BMX games...Unreal Championship, & Jsrf, NFL23k,Madden.

I'd keep every thing else that you don't completely dislike.

m4oH
03-27-2005, 01:45 PM
I agree with Max, Im gonna start to just and keep all of my games and systems. Just so if I ever get a knack to play a game, there it is.

MixMasta
03-27-2005, 09:12 PM
I agree with Max, Im gonna start to just and keep all of my games and systems. Just so if I ever get a knack to play a game, there it is.

Well the way I see it is, the videogame market has grown a helluva lot in the past 10 years. I know a lot the old NES and SNES games I used to love are hard to find, but I don't find this being the case for Xbox. With eBay, and just the sheer number of copies avaliable on most of the next generation games, I don't feel I'll have a hard time tracking down a game I need if I want to play it.

I also want to knock it down a bit so I have some trade bait for all the sweet Xbox games coming out soon (Doom 3, Jade Empire, SC, UC2) I don't want to spend over $200 on videogames in the month of April alone, and I play so much WOW anyways, I would rather trade old games to get a new game that I won't play anyways because of my WOW addiciton.

m4oH
03-28-2005, 12:12 AM
OKay well then. You MUST keep:

RS3
SC:PT
Halo
Morrowind
Timesplitters 2
GR 2
MGS2
GTA VC
GTA III
Prince of Persia
Kotor

mattgame
03-28-2005, 09:41 AM
I'm never letting my xbox go. I don't care if they go up to xbox 10 while I'm alive. Therefore, just keep the ones you enjoyed the most. I went out and bought NBA Inside Drive and NFL Fever just because I liked them and when I get the urge I play them again.

rolling stone
03-28-2005, 02:13 PM
-Halo
-Halo 2
-Splinter Cell
-Ghost Recon 2
-Mech Assault
-Deathrow
-Fable
-Morrowind
-Rainbow Six 3
-GTA III