PDA

View Full Version : Do you GameRush?

MixMasta
03-31-2005, 09:35 AM
www.gamerush.com

I don't know if any of you go there, it's part of Blockbuster. Anyways, I haven't traded a game into a store like this since the SNES/Funcoland days, and let me tell you, this store rocks.

Last summer I was able to pick up a few titles from the Circuit City $5 game sale. Well, anyways, I still had those games, and they hadn't been played much at all. So I traded in Genma Onimusha, Oddworld, Dave Mirra BMX 2, Tony Hawk 3, and Counterstrike for $45 worth of credit, and used that credit to get Chaos Theory for $30. The best part is, I paid a whooping $20 + tax for all those games previously. (Counterstrike I won from here, have it on the PC, so no point in keeping it.)

Anyways, they currently have two sweet promotions going on.

Trade any two used games (can't be sports games from 2003 or before, and some other select titles) and get a new release or pre-order a game in full for $29.99!

All game trades now (except for sports games from 2003 or before and a few select titles) get an extra $5 worth of credit if you trade in more than 3 at a time. So your ****ty games that would get you $3 now get you $8.

Now the catch is, stores aren't supposed to let you combine these two deals, but a lot, including the one I went to, do let you.

So go to EB, Gamestop, or any other place you can find games for cheap, buy them, go to GameRush, and take advantage of these promotions. Good luck!

I plan on doing this for UC2 and Jade Empire. Saving me a lot cash!

Spaztic
03-31-2005, 10:18 AM
When the started the promotion they gave $10 + game price to you. I traded in the first NFL Fever for ~$15. It was awsome. I turned it 5 games I got when the xbox first came out and got around $75 bucks!!!!

This deal is pretty cool.

I am tempted to do the gamepass for $19.99 for the fist month. Just to try out all the games I want to purchase. I am waiting till Jade empire is out though.....I got a nice little bonus\tax return that is burning a whole in my pocket.

CrazyCougar
03-31-2005, 10:38 AM
I wish I had a GameRush in my area..LOL! I only have Blockbuster and they dont take trade ins there.

Variation-XBA
03-31-2005, 12:11 PM
Sigh, again, not in Canada :(

MixMasta
03-31-2005, 01:59 PM
I wish I had a GameRush in my area..LOL! I only have Blockbuster and they dont take trade ins there.

They are supposed to. I've been reading the CAG boards the past few days and Blockbuster is supposed to do the same deals.

www.cheapassgamer.com

Check the big ass thread in the main forum.

Snowblind
03-31-2005, 08:57 PM
Like every store in the US did for Halo 2, they're going to do a midnight rush for Doom 3 and I'm going to be the first one in line. :D

Spaztic
04-01-2005, 08:08 AM
Yeah and you will be the only one in line.....Doom3 can't even compair to Halo2's release.

CrazyCougar
04-01-2005, 01:44 PM
They are supposed to. I've been reading the CAG boards the past few days and Blockbuster is supposed to do the same deals.

Unfortunately I think that all depends on whether the store is a corporate or a franchise store. The franchise stores dont have to particpate in anything that the Blcokbuster company does as a whole. BB recommends the policies to the franchises, its the owners choice as to whether his store does or does not particpate. For instance, my local Blockbuster still has lates fees. They chose not to participate in the corporate marketing. :bang: