PDA

View Full Version : Xbox heating

U.2.K
03-31-2005, 08:02 PM
I had my xbox for months now and i was curious about something. I notice if i play my xbox longer then an hour, the air seems to be cool and the game disc is not hot and neither is the box.

Is the xbox different then the dreamcast and psx, meaning is the heating problems finally solve, can you play xbox a little longer without any trouble????????????

I remember the first day i got my xbox mid last year, i played the system for 2 hours and it only a little hot, so i'm gusss i'm cool right.

HOW LONG do you play your xbox before resting? :cheers:

Xer0Mercy
04-01-2005, 12:40 AM
I remember back in Halo 1 System Link days some friends and I played for like 15 hours straight. Xbox was fine.

Variation-XBA
04-01-2005, 02:02 AM
I've never had overheating problems that affected gameplay in any of my systems

Reclaimer
04-01-2005, 10:15 PM
You shouldn't experience any overheating problems. However you should still take breaks every few hours for the sake of your TV, and at least every hour for a few minutes for your body's sake.

Anyway, the Xbox has sufficient cooling with the 80mm rear case fan, vents, aluminum shielding, and fan cooled heat sinks on the GPU and CPU. However first run Xboxes didn't come with a fan on the GPU, those came later on.

Anyway, the Dreamcast didn't use any kind of active cooling that I could remember. No fans or anything. The Xbox runs just like your computer and can handle the heat.

blonks
04-02-2005, 01:00 AM
You shouldn't experience any overheating problems. However you should still take breaks every few hours for the sake of your TV, and at least every hour for a few minutes for your body's sake.

Anyway, the Xbox has sufficient cooling with the 80mm rear case fan, vents, aluminum shielding, and fan cooled heat sinks on the GPU and CPU. However first run Xboxes didn't come with a fan on the GPU, those came later on.

Anyway, the Dreamcast didn't use any kind of active cooling that I could remember. No fans or anything. The Xbox runs just like your computer and can handle the heat.

uhh oh.... my launch xbox has no problems... :)

Reclaimer
04-02-2005, 01:38 AM
uhh oh.... my launch xbox has no problems... :)

Neither did mine in regard to heat issues. I don't know what prompted the change in later editions because mine ran fine under constant usage for a long time.