PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Modern Combat For XBOX2 First Details

Yankeez
04-04-2005, 08:11 PM
EA intends to "Make Battlefield Modern Combat a Top three console shooter title in CY05 in North America and Europe and to establish the successful Battlefield franchise on consoles." The game is set to ship at launch this November, and from the screens, looks to be one of the best looking games to come out this year, if nothing else.

The Xbox 360 version supports deathmatch style online play, a handful of online cooperative modes, and online commander and squad leader views. If Microsoft decides to support backward compatibility, is the ability to play your Xbox 360 version against a friend who's got the Xbox version. Great feature, it would be worth the backwards compatibility just for this. EA intends to make it happen. What's interesting here is that, as of this week, EA still doesn't know whether Xbox 360 will be backward compatible or not. Microsoft is surely still trying to figure this out.

This game may well be the Halo of launch, we'll have to wait and see.

Source (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/600/600528p1.html?fromint=1)

:)

Variation-XBA
04-05-2005, 02:21 AM
This could be a reason it was delayed as well.
Wow.... It's not even E3 and I'm getting giddy.

Where the link btw?

TheCovenant
04-05-2005, 08:19 AM
wuwu!

although i was watching cinema tech (i was really really really bored), and the video clips they showed didnt look all that fun, or impressive. Im sure it will be, but im just not as excited about this as i was before.

Sammael
04-05-2005, 08:38 AM
So far all the screens of this game I've seen look HORRIBLE especially compared to Battlefield 2. I sure hope they take advantage of the next-gen technology to make a graphically beautiful game. I've been dying for a Battlefield game on console since 1942 was canceled.