PDA

View Full Version : LEGO Star Wars

selowitch
04-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Seems like there isn't much discussion of this title, which was supposedly released for shipping today. Personally, I'm looking forward to playing it with my six-year-old son. How about you folks? What do you think?

Variation-XBA
04-06-2005, 01:30 AM
I absolutely loved it. Had good graphics, the gameplay is fun, needs teamwork, and lots and lots of unlockables. There's no voicing, so everything is done by gestures and it's pretty funny :)

The drop-in drop-out is awesome too, and that's why I'm buying it.

SamSmith
04-06-2005, 09:07 AM
ive heard that it is supposed to be good, and it is an interesting concept... but i think it is strange that they would go with lego... i feel that more mature gamers may avoid this title because they may think it is aimed at younger gamers...
well il try it and see how it plays, then il make my mind up :)

Casper
04-06-2005, 09:08 AM
I tried the PC demo and thought that it was made just for little kids. I was right - I played it for about 5 minutes and just couldn't take it anymore.

selowitch
04-06-2005, 09:23 AM
My copy comes in today from Ebgames.com via overnight shipping, so my boy and I will give it a shot this afternoon. I'm trying not to expect too much for me, but if my son enjoys it, it will be money well spent.

CrazyCougar
04-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Yeah, I am picking this up for my kids as well, but I definitely want to play it a little as well..LOL. I had a huge Lego collection as a kid, so it'll be like old times. Plus some of the humor in cut scenes looks absolutely hilarious. I think the funniest one i saw was Anakin trying to get his light saber turned on while a big battle was going on, by the time he got it turned on the battle was over.

Ninjermy
04-06-2005, 03:42 PM
The game scored 4.5/5 from Gamespy. Gamespot gave it 7.6/10.
Mabye I will just have to look slightly more into reading about this game...

selowitch
04-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Well, it was very good indeed. My son and I played for a couple of hours this afternoon. The action is simple but very fun and the puzzles are actually pretty engaging. The graphics are authentic and delightful, and there's plenty of impetus to keep going and come back and find more hidden stuff, etc. The LEGO characters are mostly mute, but the cutscenes are very clever and funny retellings of the best movie scenes from the prequels, sans dialogue. All in all, very impressive and enjoyable, well worth the money.

SamSmith
04-07-2005, 07:44 AM
The game scored 4.5/5 from Gamespy. Gamespot gave it 7.6/10.
Mabye I will just have to look slightly more into reading about this game...

for some reason , i have noticed that gamespot seems to give xbox games lower scores... when compared to other sites

selowitch
04-07-2005, 09:09 AM
for some reason , i have noticed that gamespot seems to give xbox games lower scores... when compared to other sites
http://www.metacritic.com/games/ is an excellent place to get an overview of many of the reviews that are out there.

Ninjermy
04-07-2005, 10:26 AM

Well it only took you about 16 months to figure that one out :p Gamespot has always given Xbox games lower scores than the rest "bulk" of the reviews. All>Gamespot

Variation-XBA
04-07-2005, 12:07 PM
It could be a picture perfect exact copy of a ps2 game and they would give the xbox a lower score.

mattgame
04-07-2005, 07:23 PM
A purchase for the kids most def.

Variation-XBA
04-08-2005, 02:50 AM
A purchase for the kids most def.
Callin me a kid? :(

Spaztic
04-08-2005, 07:45 AM
kinda week.....I rented it.....going back to play fight night 2005. I could see myself only playing it a couple more times. It is a childrens game.

CrazyCougar
04-08-2005, 10:26 AM
I do think a childrens game is good for people every once in a while instead of this GTA crap kids are playing nowadays. Nothing wrong with a little cute humor and clean gaming for once thats for sure. I think I'll definitely be picking this up for my kids for sure, as well as getting a few chuckles out of it for myself...LOL.

Its definitely a nice change from the unethical and unmoral GTA series.