PDA

View Full Version : Close Combat First to Fight

RockTheCasba
04-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Anyone pick this up? if so what are your thoughts? worth the purchase?

mattgame
04-07-2005, 07:18 PM
I didn't know it was out. When did it come out?

Reclaimer
04-07-2005, 08:43 PM
I didn't know it was out. ****! Another interview that got trashed. I did an assload of research looking into anything I could to get the skinny on this game so I can have something to talk about when I wrote my interview to these asshats.
Looks like they blew me off.
But I was really excited about this game, I can't believe there was no hype for it.
It's the Marines version of Full Spectrum Warrior, and supposedly you'll have a gun too as you call the shots for your squad.
I was stoked to hear about this game, and I read alot into the PC version. I can't believe those clowns didn't want to talk to us.

mattgame
04-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Do you know if it's any good?

Variation-XBA
04-08-2005, 02:48 AM
Supposed to be good, it's like FSW but you actually controll one of the guys.

I'm tempted to try it, cause 4 player co-op = yummy.

RockTheCasba
04-08-2005, 04:02 PM
got a 8.0 at ign the reader review gave it 9.1

mattgame
04-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Some reviews say it's pretty mediocre. May rent it though.

LTM360
04-09-2005, 11:24 AM
OXM - 2.8 in case you didn't see in the Half-Life 2 thread.

pvsurfer03
04-09-2005, 03:13 PM
OXM - 2.8 in case you didn't see in the Half-Life 2 thread.

It's a typo according to OXM. Someone posted a link on another site, but I can't find it right now.

I've got the game. It's a fun game a lot like Rainbow Six 3. The singleplayer gets a little repetetive towards the end, but online is where it's at. You can play through the whole campaign cooperatively online which is a total blast. There's also team deathmatch as well as clan support.

You can't just run and gun otherwise you will get your ass kicked. Your fellow Marines are fairly smart and generally stay covered and supress without you having to tell them. The enemy AI is hit or miss, sometimes they're amazing, other times they'll drop their guns and walk around like zombies. The game itself looks good and the sound is decent.

Overall I'd give it about an 8.5 well worth my 40 bucks.

Sleazy P Martini
04-09-2005, 06:52 PM
I gave it a whirl, but I just couldn't get into it. While the graphics are nice and the squad commands are easy to perform......Your gun remains perfectly still as you move (Wierd..no? Not even a light bounce) And the pace at which you move feels like your boots are made of concrete.

My initial reaction when I started playing was "ugh"

IMO there are better war fps' to invest in.

StudioAlex
04-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Here's the fist couple of lines of the OXM review:

What if the U.S. Marines were tactically bereft soldiers, who were up against waves of Terminator-accurate, AK-47-strapped terrorists? Such is the question posed by First to Fight...

One of the few times a reviewer's attempt at being clever actually made me chuckle. So I'm guessing if 2.8 is a typo, the real score can't be much better. Apparently the level design sucks, the graphics suck, as does the sound, and to top it off the AI is worse than all of the former.

But then again some of you guys liked those Conflict games so you probably don't care what some reviewer thinks. I'm stayin' far away.

Ninjermy
04-10-2005, 03:55 PM
I couldn't believe the 2.8 when I read it. I was like wtf these ingame screens are beautiful!! The game looks pretty cool, this is the first ive ever heard of it. Might just have to pick this up from the V-store some time soon.

FpS_PhReeK
04-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Your gun remains perfectly still as you move (Wierd..no? Not even a light bounce)

One of my biggest pet peeves, one of the reasons I really don't like Ghost Recon games...

Spaztic
04-11-2005, 09:44 AM
Damn, I don't really want to play it now....I hate slow moving fps, cough, men of valor, cough.