PDA

View Full Version : Post Xbox Set Up here

XxeGoxX
02-13-2002, 08:19 PM
Please post your xbox setup here.I dont have one to post.but id like it if you posted yours.

techoholic1
02-13-2002, 08:51 PM
[TV]
[DRESSER]
[XBOX]

The XBOX fits perfectly UNDER my dresser (it's hollow).

GokuX
02-13-2002, 08:52 PM
Dang Techoholic your room is a mess, U need to dust off that dresser too.

AVXbox
02-13-2002, 09:07 PM
here is mine

Shadow Fox
02-13-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by AVXbox
here is mine D@mn, nice shot, AV. Looks alot like my current setup at home...

*realizes he doesn't have a digital camera*

Dammnit!!! Anyway, here's a "description" like the one above:

[Entertainment center]
[speakers][vcr]_______[46' RCA][cable box][speakers]
[speakers][dvd/reciever]_______[Xbox/GCN][speakers]
[speakers][DC]______________[N64/Cd-i][speakers]
[/Entertainment center]

Something like that- done in the world's ugliest ACSII image. Cower at its manelevance.;)

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

FlyBoy
02-13-2002, 10:35 PM
WOW! I'm jealous of ya'll... I'm just a poor college student, so I gotta "experience" the amazing XBOX graphics on a 13" TV/VCR combo. Pretty impressive huh?:(

OH WELL... at least I have one. I think next year my roomates have a bigger TV, I'm definately looking forward to that.:D

l Maximus l
02-14-2002, 12:59 PM
No picture, but, I have a 36" Toshiba S-Video TV. It does the trick until I get my HDTV :)

LynxFX
02-14-2002, 01:16 PM
I use a little portable black and white tv. ;)

XBOXgamer13
02-14-2002, 01:25 PM
I use 25" Samsung colored tv and I'm very proud of it:)

l Maximus l
02-14-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I use a little portable black and white tv. ;)

hehehe....:D:D:D

Hugh_Jass
02-14-2002, 03:55 PM
http://www.frozennorth.com/~hometheater/PicturesComplete.htm

heartsxcarved
02-14-2002, 04:14 PM
I'd have to say, hugh... That is come impressive sh it right there.. But I'd rather leave this post alone.. I've been compeating all my life to have the best skateboard, the best bike, the best computer, the best video game, the best stereo, and so on..This is something i would rather just stay out of.. I perfectly happy with my 30 inch Sharp television in my dusty basement.....haha

WynnFire
02-14-2002, 11:26 PM
I don't know how big the picture will come out so I'm just going to mention a couple of the things. Games: Amped, Azurik, Halo, Max Payne, and NFL Fever 2002. TV (with Halon on the Screen) Toshiba 27" hooked up with S-Video. In entertainment center type thing: Xbox on top, then Dreamcast. Should also be able to see the DVD playback kit and 2 extra controllers plus the Xbox box. This is just my bedroom, later I will post my living room.

GokuX
02-14-2002, 11:30 PM
Well the Big Tymers say "20 inches, nothing less," so I guess if U have a 19" U just aren't cool. hehe.

FpS_PhReeK
02-15-2002, 12:18 AM
PhReeK out!

FpS_PhReeK
02-15-2002, 12:48 AM
:p I kinda based it on AVXbox's setup :p

PhReeK out!

FpS_PhReeK
02-15-2002, 10:52 AM
Waiting for AVXbox's reply....

BORNGD
02-15-2002, 10:57 AM
i have a 26" tv, a 500 watt reciever, surround sound with a sub woofer, and my lovely xbox just waiting to get played daily

AVXbox
02-15-2002, 12:22 PM
lol...id say its a little based on my setup:)

skoot182
02-15-2002, 04:47 PM
Is that a PS2 playing?!?! i think i see some jaggies...

l Maximus l
02-15-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by FpS_PhReeK
:p I kinda based it on AVXbox's setup :p

PhReeK out!

Dude, PhReeK! That's funny :D hehe

AVXbox
02-15-2002, 05:29 PM
bumpin dis *****

thunderkiss2k1
02-17-2002, 07:25 PM
I just wanted say you all suck because I have to play mine on a 19'' Sylvania color with mono speakers. lol, only kidding about y'all sucking. :;

simonpennington
02-18-2002, 06:35 AM
Bow at my greatness!!!!

A rotel DD processor
A rotel Power Amplifier
5 speakers two subwoofers
X box with Advanced video cable
Connected via component video and Optical Lead
Connected to Epson LCD projector running High Definition Video
Showing on an 8ft Screen.

Halo is possible the most intense experience I have ever known in computer gaming

Piccie coming soon when I get home and can shoot it.

PS The bowing was just a joke you can get up now!!!

Simon

Malachi
02-18-2002, 08:46 AM
**** AVXbox, that is a SAH-WEET setup there.

1 question: I heard ages and ages ago in my first days of gaming that you shouldnt use rear projection TV's with game consoles because of the high risk of burn on.....now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a Rear Projection TV?

Whats the go....is it good to use them or not?

Hugh_Jass
02-18-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by simonpennington

Connected to Epson LCD projector running High Definition Video
Showing on an 8ft Screen.

Which model projector and what type of screen?

l Maximus l
02-18-2002, 11:34 AM
Guess what, everyone!?! My wife is so awesome because she supported me in getting a brand new 43" HDTV last weekend! I get it tomorrow (Tuesday 2/19/02)!! It's made by Toshiba and, apparently, it was ranked #2 on consumer reports for this year's HDTV models! I'm so pumped!

I have a special room dedicated for my XBox...and this size of TV is perfect for this room! Watch out Hugh and Lynxfx! hehe..jk :D

LynxFX
02-18-2002, 01:01 PM
Congrats again Max. Hurry up and get some pics.

simonpennington,
I'm curious as to what projector you have as well. I'm guessing it is one of the powerlite series? It is the best way to game though. :D

AVXbox
02-18-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Malachi
**** AVXbox, that is a SAH-WEET setup there.

1 question: I heard ages and ages ago in my first days of gaming that you shouldnt use rear projection TV's with game consoles because of the high risk of burn on.....now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a Rear Projection TV?

Whats the go....is it good to use them or not?

Its fine if its HDTV like mine, but if its not i can burn into the screen..your fine if your have HDTV though

l Maximus l
02-18-2002, 03:59 PM

Its fine if its HDTV like mine, but if its not i can burn into the screen..your fine if your have HDTV though

Hey, AV!! Dude, guess what? I just purchased a 43" HDTV last weekend! It's by Toshiba and it's a Widescreen :D I get it tomorrow - 2/19 - and, dude...I'm so pumped! Now I just need my 5.1 DSS and I'll be set!

Finally, I will get to see what you've been seeing all this time!! :D

LynxFX
02-18-2002, 06:42 PM

Being HD or not has nothing to do with burn in. It still has the same chances of having burn in. You just have to be careful either way and keep an eye out for static images and take it easy with all night long gaming. It isn't just with games either since tv station logos, sports scores, movies that do not fill the entire screen (either horizontal lines or vertical lines) all can burn into the tv.

First and foremost, calibrate your set. That is the best thing you could do to prevent damage and also get a superior image.

l Maximus l
02-18-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx

Being HD or not has nothing to do with burn in. It still has the same chances of having burn in. You just have to be careful either way and keep an eye out for static images and take it easy with all night long gaming. It isn't just with games either since tv station logos, sports scores, movies that do not fill the entire screen (either horizontal lines or vertical lines) all can burn into the tv.

First and foremost, calibrate your set. That is the best thing you could do to prevent damage and also get a superior image.

I hear that lowering the contrast is the first thing you should do if you want to play games on an HDTV. I can make the room pitch black, so, even a low contrast will make things plenty visible. I can't wait!!!

simonpennington
02-19-2002, 04:16 AM
The projector is an epson EMP-715 which has 16x9 support and HDTV. I use it mainly for presentations for my job but it does a nice sideline for my DVD's and Xbox playing. The screen is just a normal 8ft projector screen screwed to the ceiling.

Simon