PDA

View Full Version : New OXM: HL2 confirmed and...

Brevity
04-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Seen this on another site thought I would pass it on.

"I just got my May issue of OXM...I'll post some info and scores and stuff...Here we go...

- First screens of Elongation in Halo 2 (Remake of Longest)
- Half-Life 2 Cover Story
- Article on Star Wars games, including Battlefront II andEpisode III
- Feature on Full Spectrum Warrior 2.0

And Scores...

Psychonauts- 9.5
NARC- 3.1
MX vs. ATV Unleashed- 7.6
Constantine- 6.3
Cold Fear- 8.1
Lego Star Wars: The Videogame- 7.0
Top Gear RPM Tuning- 2.2
Drive to Survive- 4.8
Close Combat: First to Fight- 2.8

Demos include...
- Doom 3
- Psychonauts
- Darkwatch: Curse of the West
- Pariah

Enjoy! "

studepaber
04-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Demos include...
- Doom 3
- Psychonauts
- Darkwatch: Curse of the West
- Pariah

Enjoy! "

Nice! I might get this issue just to play Psychonauts and definitely Pariah, the game looks off the wall. :hail:

Snowblind
04-08-2005, 12:20 AM
Bastard, stealing my OXM thunder. ;)

It's all good though, I knew about all that, but I wasn't informed about the demos (aside from Doom 3). Wow, OXM May looks pretty damn good.

Variation-XBA
04-08-2005, 02:44 AM
HL2 for XB1?
I was really gunna guess a XB2 title.

MixMasta
04-08-2005, 03:28 PM
I wonder what the "selling point" for Half Life 2 will be on the Xbox? Cause who wants to spend 1000 bucks on a new computer just to play a game?

Hopefully that won't be the angle, and they will implement something sweet, like a brand new multiplayer, something co-op...etc.

CRAYMAN
04-08-2005, 05:02 PM
I wonder what the "selling point" for Half Life 2 will be on the Xbox? Cause who wants to spend 1000 bucks on a new computer just to play a game?

Hopefully that won't be the angle, and they will implement something sweet, like a brand new multiplayer, something co-op...etc.

They didn't do that with Doom 3.

When's the soonest this will be on the shelf???

SamSmith
04-08-2005, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE=Snowblind]Bastard, stealing my OXM thunder. ;)

QUOTE]

hehe, thats just what i was thinking ;)

well il get this to read up on weather HL2 will be coming!!
but i have no doubt the xbox can take it, i managed to get the game running on a crap system with the crappest intel integrated graphics

but i look forward to trying the doom3 demo, and trying out pariah!

LTM360
04-09-2005, 12:17 AM
Uh... 2.8 First to Fight? Wow....

Variation-XBA
04-09-2005, 02:17 AM

Going to be a long while.

1) It's Valve
2) There's no xbox SS yet that I've seen right?
3) Not even a fake "date" yet
4) It's Valve

StudioAlex
04-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Where in the hell is my issue?

FB-Gollum
04-09-2005, 10:20 AM
Well, I didn't hear anyone say the article on it was confirming it for Xbox 1. I still think it will be an Xbox 360 launch title.

Casper
04-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Well, I didn't hear anyone say the article on it was confirming it for Xbox 1. I still think it will be an Xbox 360 launch title.
I've been saying that for awhile now and it seems like that's what's going to happen. It's a waste of money (and a potentially great launch title) to release it on the XBox now.

Regosnot
04-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Half- Life 2 for Xbox is pretty good. My computer can't run it so I would probably get it for Xbox. Only if it has Half-Life 2 Deathmatch though.

FB-Gollum
04-09-2005, 12:30 PM
If it comes with multiplayer component it will be "Counter-Strike: Source". That's a good thing. Picture getting one of the best FPS ever with a free Clancy-esque purely MP oriented game as a bonus.

Shadow20002
04-09-2005, 12:57 PM
I will like to have Half-Life 2 for Xbox with coop mode. :)

MixMasta
04-09-2005, 01:00 PM
They didn't do that with Doom 3.

Umm they added Co-Op for the Xbox version, and that was their main selling point.

And Snowblind....Brevity/Knight used to post the OXM details back in the day...but I appreciate you taking over.

I am pretty sure they would include both multiplayers in the console edition. I haven't heard any numbers on Live for X2...but 64 player CS would be nuts. I'll be happy if they put in 32 player though, cause anything more than that gets annoying with people crowding and such.

GTA3 Dude
04-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Psychonauts was really fun. I thought it looked good, but when I played it I was blown away. A very fun game.

StudioAlex
04-10-2005, 01:12 PM
The article is about the Xbox version of Half-Life 2. If you look at the cover alone, it says pretty clearly and succinctly: The PC stunner that ONLY Xbox can handle!

I'd expect it sometime in the late summer to early fall.

Variation-XBA
04-10-2005, 01:18 PM
If you look at the cover alone, it says pretty clearly and succinctly: The PC stunner that ONLY Xbox can handle!

I'd expect it sometime in the late summer to early fall.

Just like Doom3 :P

I'll bet you money it's NOT summer.

Snowblind
04-10-2005, 02:57 PM
I'll bet you money it's NOT summer.

I agree, I seriously have doubts about a game which has previously been in console-limbo for the past 2 years and from out of nowhere is announced to be released in 2-3 months.

Besides, it wouldn't be smart to lock horns with the other big summer-release port, GTA: San Andreas.

Wolf
04-10-2005, 03:58 PM
The combination for the Constantine Demo is:

hold L the whole time.

A, B, Down, R, Back, R, Up, Left, Right, Start, X, Black, Y, White

Variation-XBA
04-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Besides, it wouldn't be smart to lock horns with the other big summer-release port, GTA: San Andreas.

Sadly that'll probly do better than Conker which is also June and going to be the better game =/

Snowblind
04-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Oh man, I forgot all about Conker. But anyway, that makes it an even badder idea for Valve to release HL2 over the summer. Sure, it'll sell great, but think how much better it'd do when 1 or 2/3rds of all consumers arn't spending their money on other premium titles.

Variation-XBA
04-10-2005, 11:22 PM
Like I said, I highly doubt HL2 will make Summer.

mattgame
04-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Hl2 = Xbox2

StudioAlex
04-11-2005, 12:03 AM
Everyone, late summer would be september, not june, of which 2/3 is spring. Late summer, early fall would indicate september or october.

And personally I think this game would kill GTA: SA in terms of sales on Xbox

mattgame
04-11-2005, 12:08 AM
GTA has a bigger fan base. Why would they put this out so close to the next gen launch?

StudioAlex
04-11-2005, 10:28 AM
A bigger fan base that likely played it already on PS2 or PC. I'm not saying it won't sell well, but HAlf Life 2 doesn't have that distinction. It hasn't been available on another console for six months and many people don't have the beefed up computer setup they'd need to play it.

Snowblind
04-11-2005, 10:19 PM
A little off-topic but still something funny to think about:

Rare released Conker's BFD for the N64 a few months before the Gamecube came out, so obviously the sales sucked. They decided to redo it for the Xbox so more people had a chance to play it instead of getting caught up in the next gen. consoles. So here Rare is sitting on the verge of the release of the next gen. consoles.....and Conker is still 2 months away. Nice plan, Rare. :rolleyes:

Variation-XBA
04-12-2005, 12:37 AM
A little off-topic but still something funny to think about:

Rare released Conker's BFD for the N64 a few months before the Gamecube came out, so obviously the sales sucked. They decided to redo it for the Xbox so more people had a chance to play it instead of getting caught up in the next gen. consoles. So here Rare is sitting on the verge of the release of the next gen. consoles.....and Conker is still 2 months away. Nice plan, Rare. :rolleyes:
Not to mention the cost of Conkers at launch was something stupid like $80 or $90 on a dead system at that point.

XboxGamers
04-12-2005, 01:07 PM
I can't wait!

HalfLife2.net (http://www.halflife2.net/)

Jan from our affiliated German site, Half-Life2.de, yesterday posted the exciting news from the Official XBox Magazine who has the first details on the Xbox version of Half-Life 2.
Improved lightning effects - It looks better than on the PC
Loading times don't differ from the PC version due to a new streaming technology
The controls have been adapted to the joypad and auto-aiming has been included
They are still working on the airboat and buggy controls because it is too difficult to steer and shoot at the same time
The Source Engine has been adapted to Xbox so that Xbox developers can license it now
The textures are less detailed than on the PC because of the reduced RAM (only 64 MB)
There will be NO multiplayer in the game, not even via Xbox Live
It's not yet announced if it will be possible to download new content, but there was no clear answer
Estimated release date: Summer 2005 (for the US)
Interesting news for those XBox owners out there. It certainly shoots down a lot of rumours in flames that were starting to insist that Half-Life 2 would become a next-generation title on the XBox 2.

For further information on HL2: XBox catch the latest Official XBox Magazine in the USA or see the original news here.

Sammael
04-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Clost Combat: First 2 Fight got 2.2??? WTF?!?!?! I thought that was supposed to be some uber cool combat game.

StudioAlex
04-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Well, if you go by the press release, I'm sure it's the greatest game ever made.

MixMasta
04-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Does anyone know when the Half Life 2: Aftermath expansion pack is slated to come out? Maybe they will pull an ID and do the Doom 3 thing.

Variation-XBA
04-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Probly not for awhile Mix, it IS Vale we're talkin about. Though they said it MAY be download via steam only, meaning it could be as soon as its ready, and not worrying about boxes/packing/shipping dates etc etc,

There will be NO multiplayer in the game, not even via Xbox Live
Well I got no reason to buy the XB version now, glad I got the pc one.

mattgame
04-12-2005, 09:36 PM
What?!?! Wow. It better not sell for 50 or I won't get it either.

Brevity
04-12-2005, 11:26 PM
I too am glad I got the PC version. I would have loved to see a little extra loven for the XB version.