PDA

View Full Version : anyone play doom 3? better than halo or not??

xx Gamegirl xx
04-12-2005, 05:25 PM
i hear its pretty good, but it just kinda looks like a halo type game and i want to know if you think it's better or not, i think it might be bcuz its zombies and stuff and not little aliens with midget voices lol :)

CRAYMAN
04-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Many say it's a really good game, but every so often I'll get a message warning me to stay away from it. Most have said that the Single player is good, the co-op is decent and the multiplayer is sub-par. Oh, and all who play Halo 2 on LIVE and try Doom 3 are coming back SOON and say good things about Doom 3, but obviously it's not better than Halo 2.

I have it ordered.

TOTTEN
04-12-2005, 05:45 PM
It is good but not better than halo 2 like crayman said single player is great coop is great but multiplayer is garbage. If you are really broke and can only buy on egame get jade empire instead but doom 3 still is a good game.

xx Gamegirl xx
04-12-2005, 05:55 PM
yea i really want to play it, my sister got the special edition one with when u beat doom 3 it gives u the other two at the end, and wen we opened it and put it in it wouldnt play, and wen we looked at the disc, there was a huge gash in it so we have to get another one :(

MixMasta
04-12-2005, 05:58 PM
yea i really want to play it, my sister got the special edition one with when u beat doom 3 it gives u the other two at the end, and wen we opened it and put it in it wouldnt play, and wen we looked at the disc, there was a huge gash in it so we have to get another one :(

You can play the old Dooms from the get go, no need to beat the game. I have it, and my Xbox sucks, so it plays like crap. I get DDEs and the game lags on the menus and ****. It's my Xbox, not the game though. Just make sure your Xbox isn't a POS.

Variation-XBA
04-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Can't really compare Halo2 and Doom3 IMO. Totally different spectrums of the genre.

mattgame
04-12-2005, 09:39 PM
However, if you want the best game out of the two, then it's Halo 2, hell Halo 1 for that matter.

TOTTEN
04-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Yes I must mention the xbl menu and the friends list on doom are terrible.

pvsurfer03
04-12-2005, 11:29 PM
I'm enjoying the campaign much more than Halo 2's. The co-op is great too. But, multiplayer (not co-op) just sucks. Overall Halo 2 is better in my opinion, but Doom 3 clearly has a better singleplayer experience.

Variation-XBA
04-12-2005, 11:51 PM
I quite liked Doom3's multiplayer, cept for a few subtle differences from the PC version.

DemonLoki
04-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Only played single player. Its atmosphere is F-ing awesome- but sometimes feels like cheap carnivale amusment tricks- still moody and great use of shadow. Gameplay though- 5 minutes and you wont see anything too new- I grab the shot gun on difficulty b4 nightmare (not available yet) and run shooting anything that jumps out at me. Run at guys and shoot them, they die I rarley get hit unless they have gun, but its oversimplified, punch or flashlight every zombie to not waste bullets and they hardly ever hit me unless a hit registers before they actually strike, poor AI runs into walls, no strategy like there is in Halo 2 where unless you do it right (on legendary) you die everytime- Doom 3 is a great experience but shallow game when it comes to actually play value.

Halo 2 way better- Chronicles of Rid**** better comparison (although way too short Rid**** is awsome too)-

As for graphic complaints from PC superior- It lookes way better in motion than I imagined- great looking game.

Spaztic
04-13-2005, 09:14 AM
Halo is a better all around game, worth the buy. Doom3's single player is cool but it is a one trick pony. Only worth a rent IMO.

StudioAlex
04-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Different beasts. Halo 2 never feels as intense as Doom 2, but Halo is more fun to play overall. But what does it matter. Most games aren't as good as Halo. Get it. You'll love it.

Shadow20002
04-13-2005, 05:29 PM
I just beat the hell out in Doom 3. The soul cube is totally awesome when you got it, can take out any enemy with one throw except the bosses and regenerate your health. Now for getting serious, i play it on Nightmare. That's freaking hard compare to Halo 2. Your health points constantly going down until it reach 25, that means if you receive one damage from any enemy, it's game over. And by the way, i got none of DDEs ad my Xbox , i got it at launch.

Variation-XBA
04-13-2005, 08:34 PM
Now for getting serious, i play it on Nightmare. That's freaking hard compare to Halo 2. Your health points constantly going down until it reach 25, that means if you receive one damage from any enemy, it's game over.
Yea, nightmare is INSANE...I can't even come close to beating a few lvls.

JJaX
04-14-2005, 03:08 PM
I just beat the hell out in Doom 3. The soul cube is totally awesome when you got it, can take out any enemy with one throw except the bosses and regenerate your health. Now for getting serious, i play it on Nightmare. That's freaking hard compare to Halo 2. Your health points constantly going down until it reach 25, that means if you receive one damage from any enemy, it's game over. And by the way, i got none of DDEs ad my Xbox , i got it at launch.

Yeah thats I didnt like about Doom3.

THe lack of challenge. Buy the time they introduced "difficult" enemies you had the soul cube.

Yes, I've beaten it on NIghtmare as well. (About a year ago when it came out on PC) :whistle:

xx Gamegirl xx
04-14-2005, 04:31 PM
yea but if you wanted to get scared i would suggest doom3 more than halo, bcuz halo can be creepy, but not as freaky as doom3, cuz i played it and it made me scream lol cuz in most parts i need to use a flashlight, but yea didnt the same people make halo? i thought they did

JJaX
04-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Id makes DOOM

Bungie makes Halo

MatrixMaul
04-15-2005, 01:02 AM
Doom 3 was really fun. I enjoyed playing it all the way through cause it reminded me of being in a horror movie. I was constantly getting freaked out and I would get in a panic when I was running low on shotgun shells. Its no Halo, but Doom 3 is a game to spend some time on. Its not better than Halo, but it is a great shooter.

Great One
04-17-2005, 03:43 AM
i know this is a bit off topic but is unreal championship 2 better than halo 2.
i mean fun wise.
also whose whose mutiplayer works better.
ps. i play online via xbconnect so which one works better on that.

Variation-XBA
04-17-2005, 04:03 AM
i know this is a bit off topic but is unreal championship 2 better than halo 2.
i mean fun wise.
also whose whose mutiplayer works better.
ps. i play online via xbconnect so which one works better on that.
I wasn't a fan of the UC2 demo. Menu's are different and seems there was alot of kids on it, not like Halo doesn't have its share though.

TRSundown
04-19-2005, 09:22 AM
Ive never been a big fan of Doom 3. To repetative. Got boring after 30 minutes. Graphics are good though. Not the best but good. I would rank Halo 2 over D3 any day.

SPARTAN VI
04-20-2005, 08:41 PM
In comparison to the PC version, it's worse in every aspect, except the part where I can lay down on my couch and play a half baked coop mode (which is the single player campaign without cutscenes, blocked paths, and almost no story).