PDA

View Full Version : The first Xbox 2 advertisment?

Koopa
04-12-2005, 07:18 PM
http://www.mountaindew.com/mdtv/index.php?vidsrc=letsplay_60

watch the one called "Lets Play," pay close attention at the end.

remember that this is the same company that's hooking up with Microsoft to publish the new Halo 2 maps...

also...
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000230039724/

We can’t divulge the source of this information (what else is new?), but we’ve learned that Microsoft is going to be teaming up with Pepsi for a major promotion this fall in which they’ll be giving away over 9,000 Xbox 2/Xbox 360 consoles in the weeks ahead of the next-gen console’s official release. The contest will use an under-the-cap registration method (much like Pepsi did before with those iTunes giveaways), and supposedly they’ll be giving away one console every ten minutes, 24 hours a day, for nine weeks straight.

Yankeez
04-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Hot sauce tearin it up

carlbme
04-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Ohh, I've seen the commercial a couple of times but didn't catch the orb at the bottom. Interesting. Dunno if it actually has anything to do with it or not, but it kicks but.

BTW: That comes out to 9072 Xbox2's (refuse to call it the 360 until they annouce they named it such a craptastic name).

Whisper
04-12-2005, 08:50 PM
looks like a mountain dew commercial to me.. so xbox has copyrighted the color green now? mountain dew wasn't using it all these years?

Variation-XBA
04-12-2005, 09:29 PM
I've seen that commercial on tv awhile back and it DIDN'T have that at the end... Ooooo

looks like a mountain dew commercial to me.. so xbox has copyrighted the color green now? mountain dew wasn't using it all these years?
Yea they have, now they own you since you've probably had a few in your lifetime.

Whisper
04-14-2005, 02:14 PM
I have never once touched that horrid drink

iloveRPGs
04-14-2005, 03:12 PM
(refuse to call it the 360 until they annouce they named it such a craptastic name).

According to the GI I just got today they have:

"Rumors about Microsoft's next-gen system, Xbox 360, (which is the official name as of press time)...."

CRAYMAN
04-14-2005, 03:19 PM
I have never once touched that horrid drink

Then how would you know it's "horrid?"

BUSTED!

Casper
04-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Doubtful that it's for the new system.

Btw, the thing with Mountain Dew + Bungie - um, wasn't that an April Fool's joke? I remember seeing the logos on different MC skins, but figured that it was a complete joke, or at least it should have been.

Variation-XBA
04-15-2005, 12:09 AM
Btw, the thing with Mountain Dew + Bungie - um, wasn't that an April Fool's joke? I remember seeing the logos on different MC skins, but figured that it was a complete joke, or at least it should have been.
The April 1st thing on bungie's site WAS a joke so /shrug.

StudioAlex
04-15-2005, 09:44 AM
I need one of thefree Xbox 2s...

Duke
04-15-2005, 09:47 AM
I need one of thefree Xbox 2s...

You and me both.

Luigis_Angel930
04-15-2005, 10:53 AM
I couldn't get the page to load properly, it showd the names of the things but I couldn't see much else. :(

Whisper
04-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Then how would you know it's "horrid?"

BUSTED!

because i watched a friend drink it.. he exploded.

Koopa
04-16-2005, 10:41 PM
they're sponsoring the free downloads, but they're not having the advertisments frmo the april fools day thingie.

Why is the map release staggered?

Well, we wanted to reward our players with the free maps - so they had to be a standalone download. Mountain Dew helped make that possible. The rest of this schedule was decided by marketing and Live ops teams - downloading all nine maps on the same day would be a recipe for melting the whole internet. We also needed to make gradual changes to our matchmaking playlists so that the new content is supported in matchmaking.
http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=maptacular

the green circle is associated with the XBOX...go look at the top of your console and tell me what you see in the middle of the big black X :D.

why else would a big green cirlce be there?

TheCovenant
04-17-2005, 02:25 PM
the green circle is associated with the XBOX...go look at the top of your console and tell me what you see in the middle of the big black X :D.

why else would a big green cirlce be there?

koopwned.