PDA

View Full Version : 360 Confirmed Again, Design Leaked, Console To Be White?

Sammael
04-13-2005, 11:13 AM
www.eurogamer.net

is indeed called Xbox 360, that the logo is a simple, round nexus, and that the console itself has a concave design. And it's white. Maybe.

Many rumours have been circulating in the past months regarding Microsoft's next generation system, but let us now lay them all the rest. The name of Xbox's successor is Xbox 360, we can confirm, and the design of the machine is indeed a concave shape.

Speaking under conditions of strict anonymity, a British source privy to Microsoft's marketing documents has today confirmed the machine's name and previously rumoured details of the actual design.

The machine can stand upright and hollows in at the middle, like it's "sucking in its cheeks," our source told us today. Previous rumours had put the console as silver, although fresh information says the final design may be white. It's impossible to tell from the documents, the source went on to say.

According to the source, the rumoured slot for the hard drive - which was apparently at the top of the machine - is not obvious on the document, and the person was unable to clarify where the slot for discs actually appeared.

The logo is described as a simple, round nexus with "Xbox 360" written inside it. Previous rumours had simply the numbers "360" in the disc.

Microsoft will show the console for the first time in a half-hour special on MTV on May 12, a week ahead of E3. The company's press conference, on Monday, May 16, will be the first viewing of the console to the trade en bloc.

Xbox 360 is expected to receive a global release in late 2005.

When contacted today, Microsoft simply said that it does not comment on rumours and speculation relating to next generation product.

Casper
04-13-2005, 11:22 AM
I heart circles :)

Nice news, but how did the Brits get this leaked before us?

Sammael
04-13-2005, 11:30 AM
I <3 OOOOO

You know I was telling Duke, I had a sneaking suspicion the console would be white. A certain owner of a certain other Xbox site. Started a thread in his own forums called "I hope its not white." He then proceeded to talk about how white wouldn't go with his setup.

I'm thinking to myself, why would this guy who owns this site and is privy to information make a thread like this. Why white? Why not green, blue or red? I figure he knows something and he is just teasing the people. Anyway, white may be cool from the dark colors of this generations consoles.

Also remember one of the first images revealed from Our Colony was of a white joystick.

Spaztic
04-13-2005, 03:19 PM
White is a completely stupid idea. I think silver or black since that is the color of most electronics these days. If you want it to stand out put some leds on it.

vman
04-13-2005, 03:38 PM
weird how the next xbox prbly wont be a box at all.

MixMasta
04-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Please don't be white. If it is, it should be named the iBox, not the Xbox 360. If it is white though...I hope its not too Appely!

# 1 Stunner
04-13-2005, 04:15 PM
think about it, why would XBOX "360" be in a X shape like the old one when u do a 360 u go in a circular direction, i kinda get it, but i dont get white....come on...dirty....scuffs...why coulndt it be green or yellow or something

TheCovenant
04-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Please don't be white. If it is, it should be named the iBox, not the Xbox 360. If it is white though...I hope its not too Appely!

lol...ibox. I never thought of it that way, although the apple design team is an award winning team, and the ipod campaing is an award winning advertising campaign.

I dont know, if they do the right shade of white, it can look pretty damn sexy.

vman
04-13-2005, 04:21 PM
I dont know, if they do the right shade of white, it can look pretty damn sexy.
IVORY!

LynxFX
04-13-2005, 04:26 PM
White....the beige of the 21st century. Thanks Apple.

SamSmith
04-13-2005, 04:29 PM
hmmm.. i dont know, i like white... but to me xbox means GREEN... i suppose im just a bit cautious of change

StudioAlex
04-13-2005, 05:40 PM
I heard it's phallic shaped with action missles.

Madhattr
04-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Well it stands upright and has concave sides so it is not round. White kinda is a ****ty colour but black is overdone.

How about a dark grey like a smoke?

vman
04-13-2005, 06:57 PM
i think blue steel would be perfection!

LynxFX
04-13-2005, 07:16 PM
i think blue steel would be perfection!
I'm down with that! As long as it isn't this Blue Steel.
http://academic.evergreen.edu/l/lanmer08/images/Blue%20Steel.jpg

Koopa
04-13-2005, 07:27 PM
White is a completely stupid idea. I think silver or black since that is the color of most electronics these days. If you want it to stand out put some leds on it.
of course, white electronics (http://www.apple.com/ipod/) have been doing very poorly these days.

[edit]-damn, beaten to the punch.

but yeah, i'd like white.

skorp
04-13-2005, 08:03 PM
The machine can stand upright and hollows in at the middle, like it's "sucking in its cheeks," our source told us today.

The way that sounds, it seems to be concave on the top and bottom or right and left when upright.

I'm okay with the white colored console even with a nice and simple logo of "360" like on Sammael's avatar. I think that's cool... Just hopefully the console doesn't look to plain.

But remember what J Allard supposedly said?!... I believe he said each console could be modified to each person's liking. Possibly a face plate or case cover [color and/or graph design] could be replaced.

:huh:

Variation-XBA
04-13-2005, 08:45 PM
You guys care WAY too much about a color :P

I'm taking this all in witha grain of salt and treating it as a rumor for now, since some UK site was the first to get the leet beta infoz.

vman
04-13-2005, 11:50 PM
I'm down with that! As long as it isn't this Blue Steel.
you silly sally, everyone knows that is Tigra, blue steel looks more like this

LynxFX
04-14-2005, 12:35 AM
Well I was going to say Magnum but I hear it isn't quite ready,

iloveRPGs
04-14-2005, 08:35 PM
I'll just post this to give a good HARDY HAR HA HA because Zoolander is hilarious.

Variation-XBA
04-15-2005, 12:05 AM
I'll just post this to give a good HARDY HAR HA HA because Zoolander is hilarious.
Cause the thread hasn't strayed off topic TOO much yet without that :P

Highlite23
04-15-2005, 11:26 PM
If color is such an issue, you guys need to slide down the dial to the Nintendo site :D

LynxFX
04-16-2005, 09:21 PM
If color is such an issue, you guys need to slide down the dial to the Nintendo site :D
It is when it is a $300+ prominent piece of entertainment equipment in your living room. I kinda like things to go together and not stick out like tacky fisher price toys. One reason why I never bought a Gamecube. Haven't lived in a dorm in 8 years, don't plan to decorate like one again. :)

White is the least inspiring color anyone could choose for a design color. Right now it is a fad, thanks to Apple, and in a couple years will have been copied ad nauseam by numerous products and usually in a very cheap looking way. Just look at all that translucent neon crap the computer world got flooded with thanks to the colored iMacs. Hell it even made its way to the kitchen (Forman Grill).

Since the gaming world is a lot older now, (Talking 22 and up) I would hope that they design their console to mesh with the rest of electronic equipment, black, silver or any variation of.

Oh well, painting is still an option.

vman
04-16-2005, 10:45 PM
you know that they will eventually come out with skins. its inevitable.

Variation-XBA
04-17-2005, 04:08 AM
It is when it is a $300+ prominent piece of entertainment equipment in your living room. I kinda like things to go together and not stick out like tacky fisher price toys. One reason why I never bought a Gamecube. Haven't lived in a dorm in 8 years, don't plan to decorate like one again. :)

You didn't give GC a chance cause of it's color? Wow....that's a whole new level of excuses.

LynxFX
04-17-2005, 02:38 PM
You didn't give GC a chance cause of it's color? Wow....that's a whole new level of excuses.
No that is one reason, there were a slew of other reasons added in there. :)

Variation-XBA
04-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Hope it ends up being white or pink or some abstract color so if you get it everyone that comes over will ask why the hell you bought a insert_color_here xbox2 ;)

super_ryu
04-19-2005, 07:22 PM
:'( Xbox has gone racist

Motoko
04-19-2005, 08:54 PM
And Lynx, once again, proves why he is the man.

vman
04-20-2005, 11:13 PM
moto, you are such a woman.

xbox genius
04-20-2005, 11:33 PM
dunno about you guys, but i'm really liking this white color... but a circle shaped.... hmmm its different whcih i like, but i never had any electronics in shaped of a circle before lol

Highlite23
04-21-2005, 09:26 PM

White is the least inspiring color anyone could choose for a design color. Right now it is a fad, thanks to Apple, and in a couple years will have been copied ad nauseam by numerous products and usually in a very cheap looking way. Just look at all that translucent neon crap the computer world got flooded with thanks to the colored iMacs. Hell it even made its way to the kitchen (Forman Grill).

Since the gaming world is a lot older now, (Talking 22 and up) I would hope that they design their console to mesh with the rest of electronic equipment, black, silver or any variation of.

Oh well, painting is still an option.

Boy it's sure easy to get a rise out of you sometimes...LOL :p

LynxFX
04-21-2005, 09:45 PM
Boy it's sure easy to get a rise out of you sometimes...LOL :p
Ehh, its been one of those weeks. :cheers: