PDA

View Full Version : "Picture viewing on my X-Box"

Prelude670
04-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Pardon if this is the wrong forum for this. I'm buying a digicam, my first. What I wanted to check to see is if I'm able to burn a CD or DVD on my PC with pics that I have taken with the digicam, and then view those pics by popping the disc into my X-Box. If so, do they have to be a certain file type? CD or DVD? Thanks all!!! :)

Reclaimer
04-13-2005, 03:11 PM
Your Xbox cannot not read images from a CD. Just games/data burned specifically for the Xbox and music from an audio CD.
There is a licensed Microsoft Media Extender Kit for the Xbox that when connected to your PC, it allows your Xbox to act as a media machine and play files off the host PC.
That's the best you can get unless you illegally modify the software of your Xbox and we can't discuss that here.

Variation-XBA
04-13-2005, 08:35 PM
The thing Rec is talkin about isn't that expensive and will allow you to stream stuff from your PC.

Reclaimer
04-13-2005, 09:42 PM
The thing Rec is talkin about isn't that expensive and will allow you to stream stuff from your PC.

Click and be educated (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/evaluation/devices/xboxextenderkit.mspx)

Media Center Extender devices are available at the retailers below:

• Amazon.com

• Best Buy

• Buy.com

• Circuit City

• Dell

• Fry’s Electronics

• Microcenter

The one big problem that I see though is that your PC has to me a Media Center PC.