PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure this has been said before but...

El Pollo Loco
02-14-2002, 01:53 AM
Why do people like final fantasy?
Is it just me, I just don't think it's the UBER game that everyone goes on about. I sorta think it's a relief that square will stay away from the xbox.

Bundy
02-14-2002, 06:06 AM
I have never been able to get into those games either.

shererboat
02-14-2002, 07:13 AM
personally i think the FF series is one of the best RPG series out there, if not THE BEST!!........and can only hope that sqaure will extend the series to xbox.....

......they have sum of the most in depth storylines out there, and i dont think i could ever complain about a game that takes me over 50 hours to beat.......thats getting ur moneys worth!!:D

batman46st
02-14-2002, 08:10 AM
they have sum of the most in depth storylines out there, and i dont think i could ever complain about a game that takes me over 50 hours to beat.......thats getting ur moneys worth!!
I totaly agree completly! I've gotten hooked too final fantasy games bad in a previouse thread I put down I bought the xbox for several other games one of the games I hope and pray come to the green X is the final fantasy games...

JJaX
02-14-2002, 08:33 AM
Ive played through FF, FF mystic quest, FF2, FF3, FF7 and FF tactics. FF is awesome.

Bakero
02-14-2002, 09:16 AM
:) :p :p :) Yeah man, Final Fantasy rules!:) :p :p :)

XBOXgamer13
02-14-2002, 09:31 AM
FF series were the best rpg series of all the time:)

also FFX rules:cool:

manboy
02-14-2002, 09:51 AM
Only 50 hours? I spent over 4500 hours over 3 years on one game, heh. Now that's getting your money's worth.

Nato King
02-14-2002, 11:45 AM
I have never played Final Fantasy but if it comes out for xbox I will buy it for sure.

l Maximus l
02-14-2002, 12:03 PM
I never got into the FF series. Some day, it will be beat out, I'm sure. I would like to see what I have been missing, though.

I'm not sure if I have truly ever played a full fledged RPG. Seriously! It seems to me that many RPGs can be boring...I don't know...is it just me or do I seem clueless? I mean, I have a dude that I work part-time with and he was telling me about Shenmue II. One of the "highlights" he told me is that you get a job moving freight. Does this sound like fun? To me, for some reason, it doesn't. But, I will have to see what's it's all about.

I like action games that require a lot of practice to gain skill. It just seems that many RPGs don't have enough action...just on an occasional basis. Am I missing something?

shererboat
02-14-2002, 12:24 PM
alot of RPGs lack action, thats def tru.......i look at this genre as more of a strategic type of a game than an action based one......yeah theres battles, but not more of a i hit these buttons, i do this move battle, but a what type of attack would be best in this situation type of battle....

honestly for me, its not the action that brings me into RPGs, but more the storyline that goes with it.....:D

LynxFX
02-14-2002, 12:29 PM
Final Fantasy bores me as well. I never liked RPGs and never will.

l Maximus l
02-14-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
Final Fantasy bores me as well. I never liked RPGs and never will.

I hear ya, Lynxfx...but, I wouldn't mind seriously checking out Project Ego....it might be the exception :)

LynxFX
02-14-2002, 12:40 PM
I don't think I would even get into Project Ego. I just don't like that genre of game. I'm more into action. :cool:

Not that FF or PE aren't good games. Obviously some people love those types of games.

l Maximus l
02-14-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I don't think I would even get into Project Ego. I just don't like that genre of game. I'm more into action. :cool:

Not that FF or PE aren't good games. Obviously some people love those types of games.

I agree...Maybe that's one of the reasons why I hate Age of Empire so much. It's great for other people...it just turns me off, for some reason.

I guess I'm not into free roaming games...I like to be able to accomplish missions....maybe I just prefer games that are more linear.

LynxFX
02-14-2002, 01:13 PM
I do like RTS games though like Age of Empires, Warcraft, Earth 2150 etc. Those I can get into.

The ultimate game would be to combine RTS with FPS. Make it so it plays like an RTS and you can see all your units etc that you keep creating then at anytime you can just click on one person, vehicle or whatever and you assume the roll of that person and the game switches to FPS and you run around until you die or switch to someone else. Now that would be killer. :D

Virazslo
02-14-2002, 03:09 PM
Yes Lynx that would be killer, but back to the main point, I LOVE RPGs. FF10 for PS2 is SWEET! I had to get PS2 just for FF10 (and some other games yes) although i still have XBox. I don't owe allegiance to any system, I buy which one has good games. I REALLY wish Microsoft would buy Squaresoft. If Microsoft could outbid Sony, XBox would be the ULTIMATE system NO QUESTION. You say you can't get into RPGs, yeah well ya gota give em a chance. Lots of those games take a long time to beat, so give em 5 or so hours at LEAST. I know that FF9 had a really good begining, the first 2 hours and you were HOOKED! Anyway, you people that dont like RPGs should give a GOOD one a chance, if you have PS1 get FF7, if you have PS2 get FF10 or 7 :)

l Maximus l
02-14-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Virazslo
Yes Lynx that would be killer, but back to the main point, I LOVE RPGs. FF10 for PS2 is SWEET! I had to get PS2 just for FF10 (and some other games yes) although i still have XBox. I don't owe allegiance to any system, I buy which one has good games. I REALLY wish Microsoft would buy Squaresoft. If Microsoft could outbid Sony, XBox would be the ULTIMATE system NO QUESTION. You say you can't get into RPGs, yeah well ya gota give em a chance. Lots of those games take a long time to beat, so give em 5 or so hours at LEAST. I know that FF9 had a really good begining, the first 2 hours and you were HOOKED! Anyway, you people that dont like RPGs should give a GOOD one a chance, if you have PS1 get FF7, if you have PS2 get FF10 or 7 :)

I'll probably kick off my RPG fix with Project Ego. I hear that Project Ego is going to set a new benchmark for RPGs...just as Halo did for FPSs :) One thing is for sure, Project Ego looks awesome!

TRUE_GAMER
02-15-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by shererboat
personally i think the FF series is one of the best RPG series out there, if not THE BEST!!........and can only hope that sqaure will extend the series to xbox.....

......they have sum of the most in depth storylines out there, and i dont think i could ever complain about a game that takes me over 50 hours to beat.......thats getting ur moneys worth!!:D

I would have to agree with you on this one. I can only dream of FF coming to the Xbox. This game kicks A$$. I'm really into any type of RPG as long as it's worth playing.

Rancey
02-15-2002, 12:26 AM
I love RPGs, but my favourite RPG series is and always will be Fallout!

I mean how can anybody not like that game after seeing the dude on the Pipboy?!? :)

El Pollo Loco
02-15-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
I love RPGs, but my favourite RPG series is and always will be Fallout!

I mean how can anybody not like that game after seeing the dude on the Pipboy?!? :)

The fallout series is the ultimate in gaming goodness. (well for rpg's)