PDA

View Full Version : Madden 06 screen shots..Yea for Monopolies and the lack of improvement on a product!

Sammael
04-14-2005, 05:42 AM
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/news/04/13/ea_screen002.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/news/04/13/ea_screen003.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/news/04/13/ea_screen004.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/news/04/13/ea_screen005.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/news/04/13/ea_screen006.jpg

Yay for not having any competition to encourage you to make a better product. Same crappy Madden graphics recycled for the 3rd year in a row!

Bakeman
04-14-2005, 06:43 AM
where are these from?

Sammael
04-14-2005, 06:51 AM
Team Xbox.

CarGuy
04-14-2005, 07:16 AM
gross.. ESPN 2K5 will still work for me...

AlphaRaptor
04-14-2005, 08:16 AM
Gosh Madden STILL looks like a four year old crap game. I don't even see any bump mapping on the players. And what has always bothered me about madden is the overall look of the players, to me the player models in all madden game have always seemed to skinny looking. I mean look at the player holding the ball in screenshot 2 & 4. Maybe its just me, but it looks like they ripped those player models from a college football game.

Sammael
04-14-2005, 08:43 AM
Apparently these are PS2 screens but I don't expect Xbox or 360 to look any different. I swear if EA ports PS2 graphics to 360 I will absolutely never buy one of their games again.

Spaztic
04-14-2005, 11:14 AM
these are ps2, but still.....I will stick with 2k4.....Sega should just update rosters!!!

LTM360
04-14-2005, 12:59 PM
these are ps2, but still.....I will stick with 2k4.....Sega should just update rosters!!!

They would I'm sure, but that was part of EA's ****in contract with NFL. **** EA.

In their defense though, those are early pics.

Kortiz
04-14-2005, 02:17 PM
I wonder, is there any way that we ourselves can create updated rosters? Then just use action replay to update rosters throughout the country?

Hmmmmmm, interesting.

lllusion
04-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Wow, thats almost an improvement from 5 years ago!

vman
04-14-2005, 02:47 PM
how can those be '06 screens. there must be some mistake. those are obviously screens from the PS2. i highly doubt that the madden 06 for the XBOX360 will look remotely as bad as those screens do. hell, ive seen better on the PSP!

bbchs_trash
04-14-2005, 04:06 PM
What is wrong with you people?

No where, has EA said that those are XBOX 2 screenshots. They are simply the 2006 screens for the Xbox and Playstation 2. Had you caught the screen they generated for the next-gen Madden a few months ago... you would already know this. There will be no ports from PS2 to XBOX 2... because Microsoft wouldn't allow it.

These are screens, 3 months before the game, and they look exactly the same as last year. You couldn't possibly think that EA would update the graphics on the final year of these consoles? What money could that possibly generate for them? They'd rather let the programmers handle the new gameplay touches... save the money on graphics... and concentrate their focus on the next-gen.

Figured that would be common sense?

ShaDovV RyDer
04-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Gosh Madden STILL looks like a four year old crap game. I don't even see any bump mapping on the players. And what has always bothered me about madden is the overall look of the players, to me the player models in all madden game have always seemed to skinny looking. I mean look at the player holding the ball in screenshot 2 & 4. Maybe its just me, but it looks like they ripped those player models from a college football game.

Well for one thing those are both recievers and I'm not sure I've ever seen a huge reciever. Not to mention those are shots of Marvin Harrison and Ashlee(SP) Lillee(SP) and neither of those guys are big. But obviously you don't know enough about football to know those things.
Anyway why would this game get ported to the Xbox 360 from PS2 when Madden comes out in August and the 360 will most likely come out in October/November. Plus like the guy before me said you all have seen the shots of Madden on the 360 from a couple of months ago so these shots should mean nothing.

Sammael
04-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Those where not official shots of Madden a few months ago. It was a rendered image that EA created and said next gen "could" look like this. Doesn't mean it will. I have little to no faith in EA putting forth any kind of an effort to give 360 a badass Madden game.

Highlite23
04-15-2005, 10:35 PM
Personally I don't think EA is going to WOW anyone with '06 or '07 for that matter. They never really made any huge strides over the last few years, why now. As stated already, with this being the last leg of the current gen systems they will sit on what they have and add some new "juke" move or something.

Unfortunatly, Madden has enough blind fanboys out there to support any incarnation of the game just because it's Madden, and i'm convinced that EA will try and pull a price hike on '06. I wonder how that will sit with the Madden fans?

I know you've heard it a million times, but I'll chime it up once more...COMPETITION IS GOOD FOR THE CONSUMER!!!

Never liked Madden, never bought it, never will...I'll play my 2k5 to death.

Slowride
04-15-2005, 11:57 PM
*pulls out tecmo*

*unzips pants*

Bakeman
04-16-2005, 01:25 AM
Personally I don't think EA is going to WOW anyone with '06 or '07 for that matter. They never really made any huge strides over the last few years, why now. As stated already, with this being the last leg of the current gen systems they will sit on what they have and add some new "juke" move or something.

Unfortunatly, Madden has enough blind fanboys out there to support any incarnation of the game just because it's Madden, and i'm convinced that EA will try and pull a price hike on '06. I wonder how that will sit with the Madden fans?

I know you've heard it a million times, but I'll chime it up once more...COMPETITION IS GOOD FOR THE CONSUMER!!!

Never liked Madden, never bought it, never will...I'll play my 2k5 to death.

Well personally I don't like the gameplay of Madden, they need to fix the running game still, and maybe some of the passing stuff still... BUT supposabably the gameplay is top notch according to what seems to be a huge majority.... SOOO if the game play is so great, maybe skip a year working on it so much and make the graphics top notch for once! But whatever, I can't see Madden being good for atleast 2 more years. I just hope one day it does turn out to be a really good game, because I'm not going to be able to not live without football games each year.

Huckleberry
04-16-2005, 10:14 AM
i'm just gonna write 2k6 on the outside of my 2k5 box. and then 2k7, 2k8, 2k9, and 2k10. then we'll see what's what. i'm completely boycotting buying new ea games. there are a couple i really want, but i'll wait until i can get them used. screw them and the whorse they rode in on.

Anthony4sho
04-16-2005, 11:06 PM
Even though I strongly WISH those screens are from 2006 or '07 or w/e, I don't think the graphics will be THAT crappy.

EMX
04-17-2005, 06:49 AM
Basically the same from 2001.

CuartoDePuto
04-18-2005, 12:05 PM
*pulls out tecmo*

*unzips pants*

that about sums it up. Madden has become quite unimpressive.

mattgame
04-22-2005, 12:51 PM
So it begins. I will not buy the same game as last year.

Punisher
04-25-2005, 05:42 PM
i have a question from madden 06 for xbox 360 was that gameplay at all?

Xer0Mercy
04-25-2005, 06:10 PM
i have a question from madden 06 for xbox 360 was that gameplay at all?
That video? No. It just showed what next-gen consoles are capable of. We'll have to wait to see real gameplay.

Wolf
04-25-2005, 09:35 PM
So it begins. I will not buy the same game as last year.

me neither. That's why I will buy Madden '06 for Xbox 360...

Holt88
04-25-2005, 10:38 PM
The most I'll give it is a rent. I'm getting pissed off with Ea's crap.

ShaDovV RyDer
04-26-2005, 06:33 AM
That video? No. It just showed what next-gen consoles are capable of. We'll have to wait to see real gameplay.

Accually I'm pretty sure that video was in game stuff because of the fact that they accually showed the plays being picked at one point and it was no different from the rest of the video.

AlphaRaptor
04-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Well for one thing those are both recievers and I'm not sure I've ever seen a huge reciever. Not to mention those are shots of Marvin Harrison and Ashlee(SP) Lillee(SP) and neither of those guys are big. But obviously you don't know enough about football to know those things.

Do you really think I would have said those things if I hadn't actually played Madden??? Im not just talking about those screenshots, but the overall look of the players on every teem. Many people like you fail to notice it, but then again I notice a lot of things others don't. I guess being a developer helps me notice these slight details. When something looks wrong or out of place, I see it. But of course this is IMO, if that means anything to you. Also, let me remind you that your obnoxious comment shouldn't be needed to get your point across. :rolleyes:

ShaDovV RyDer
04-27-2005, 06:23 AM
to me the player models in all madden game have always seemed to skinny looking. I mean look at the player holding the ball in screenshot 2 & 4. Maybe its just me, but it looks like they ripped those player models from a college football game.

OK...so you weren't talking about those shots but yet you were...I don't get it. You're right I'm not a developer and for all I know they did take those models out of NCAA but wtf is wrong with that??? Well thats when we get outside of video games and go into reality mode. You see the switch from Collegiate sport to Pro sport is quite a big one especially when you are playing football but that doesn't mean that that certain player is going to get a heck of a lot bigger as if he was taking steriods. In other words it would be fine if they take those models out of NCAA because not a whole lot physically happens in that college-pro switch. So, I believe that the problem you have with the players being skinny is not within the game of Madden, but the game of football.

Xer0Mercy
04-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Accually I'm pretty sure that video was in game stuff because of the fact that they accually showed the plays being picked at one point and it was no different from the rest of the video.
All of it was simulated. EA even admitted it. I'd get the link, but I'm too damn lazy.

mattgame
04-27-2005, 09:39 PM
None of it was in game. EA is giving us the same thing as every year, add a few new wrinkles to the same engine and everything. I will not buy it.

Snowblind
04-27-2005, 11:37 PM
No way should a sports game cost $50, well at least the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.. games in the franchise shouldn't. I don't care how good your new "juke" move or "improved Dynasty" mode is, it's the exact same game you played 12 months ago. That goes for every sports game. This is just as bad as the crap Ubisoft pulls with RB6 and its so-called sequel Black Arrow.

Xer0Mercy
04-27-2005, 11:40 PM
When you play Madden as much as I do (5+ games a week) $50 is well worth it.