PDA

View Full Version : Not that I would do it but....

berries69
02-14-2002, 09:54 AM
Not that i would but is Xbox games burnable cause on the WWF Raw disc. its self says "do not make copys of this game".
Or something to that nature.
Like i said not that i would do it,Is this true is it possible to make copys of Xbox games.

JJaX
02-14-2002, 10:01 AM
Im sure withen the year the warez scene will hit the xbox. Once DvD burners are more common. But warez may seem like a cool thing. WoW i can copy games! But in reality all it does is deny game developers there money. No money = No more new games. No more new games = system killer.

shererboat
02-14-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
No money = No more new games. No more new games = system killer.

just look at dreamcast......

Ninja Scroll
02-14-2002, 10:09 AM
I agree with jjax, but why does everyone, or should I just say alot of people always just want to buy burned games? Just because you can get it for much cheaper?
What about the developers who put millions into making these games for all of us to enjoy and the few (but enough) bad apples want to ruin it for the gaming industry?
It's bad enough it happens in the music business, but the gaming world cant take the pirates as much as the music undustry can.
Im not gonna waist my time on a subject that ticks me off.
I just hope anyone who supports this BS will get caught and jailed so Big Bob can have dat butt!:D Or should I say, tap dat ass!

JJaX
02-14-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
It's bad enough it happens in the music business, but the gaming world cant take the pirates as much as the music undustry can.

See i disagree about the music. I think the swapping of music over the internet was genuis. It helped unsigned bands be heard. It spread culture and opened many peoples ears to new music. (except mine, I still like mostly Hip-Hop, Most rock now days is garbage, Go listen to creed you got dayum hippies!)

fear_this
02-14-2002, 10:23 AM
I wouldnt do it because I hate burned cd`s. i dont know hy. I just like the origional one. :D Its not like I sleep with my games either. :rolleyes:

l Maximus l
02-14-2002, 10:30 AM
The only value to a burned XBox game is to have a backup. We all know that CDs and DVDs alike can easily get scratched. Otherwise, there is no moral excuse for copying games.

I don't even own a burner, admittingly..but, if I did, and if XBox games could be copied, that is the only way I would do it. I hate pirating.

bonk
02-14-2002, 10:39 AM
Unline cd's, t's not easy to copy games or things such as DVD. Even though there are DVD burners, all dvds have a css encryption, which is tough to break. And after hearing how unhackable the system components are (you can't upgrade the processor or HD), I'll bet Microsoft has some tough encryption on the games.

-bonk

Ninja Scroll
02-14-2002, 10:44 AM
http://server42.hypermart.net/rockthebottom/11z1happy.gif

Can someone please tell me WTF this is!?:confused:
Maybe it came from this chick's mouth over the weekend I saw? If ya know what I mean!!!:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

jjax knows what I mean!

l Maximus l
02-14-2002, 10:46 AM

Maybe it came from this chick's mouth over the weekend I saw? If ya know what I mean!!!:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

jjax knows what I mean!

LOL! Dude, that's crude, man! hehe :D

shererboat
02-14-2002, 10:47 AM
again i agree with jjax.......the music swapping community on the internet is great!!!......i personally take full advantage of it, and have found alot of things that i normally may have never gotten the chance to.....now dont get me wrong, i dont burn everything, i still go out and buy the cds i wouldve before this.......

as far as games go, maximus was right on......the only acceptable reason would be for a safekeep backup......discs do scratch easy, and its alot more comforting to have a backup, instead of shellin another 50 bones out for the same game (though if it came down to it, id pay the 2nd $50 for halo if i had too!!!!)

and yes, jjax is picky on his music, actually hes more stubborn than a mating rhino:D , but there is still good rock out there (tool, system, puddle of mud) but seems to be getting taken over by CRAP like creed and limp bizkit:mad:

Spaztic
02-14-2002, 10:55 AM
besides in order for an xbox game that has been burnt you are going to have to soider a chip onto your board....and how many dvd burners burn multi-layer dvds?.....NONE!

besides theifs suck!

JJaX
02-14-2002, 10:58 AM

jjax knows what I mean!

Girls mouth, Girls reproductive organs, All fair game when JJaX is busting ;)

As for ]http://server42.hypermart.net/rockthebottom/11z1happy.gif

That aint my kid yo! I dont know you BlTCH!.

Spaztic
02-14-2002, 11:02 AM
well to be able to burn xbox games you need to soider a chip onto your board, which voids the warrenty and if not done right will kill you xbox. Then you have to find a dvd burner that will burn multilayer dvds...how many of those do you see...I have never seen one. Then you have to have multilayer dvd's.....microsoft has gone to great lengths to make sure this dosn't happen....so honestly if it does happen it will not be advailable for awile

besides if everyone starts burning, companys are going to quite making games, or will have to charge more so they make their money!

l Maximus l
02-14-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by shererboat
and yes, jjax is picky on his music, actually hes more stubborn than a mating rhino:D , but there is still good rock out there (tool, system, puddle of mud) but seems to be getting taken over by CRAP like creed and limp bizkit:mad:

Dude, I hear ya! Puddle of Mudd, Tool, and System of the Down are killer...a few of my favorite bands. I also like some of the forefather's of our current era of rock: Nirvana (can't deny it, they started it all), Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, Sound Garden (as you can see, I'm kinda biased with Seattle band, excluding STP, which I also like). I also like Days of the New (especially the first CD...bad ass).

thunderkiss2k1
02-14-2002, 11:38 AM
Hey Maximus, what do ya think of the band Racer X??

Bundy
02-14-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by bonk
Unline cd's, t's not easy to copy games or things such as DVD. Even though there are DVD burners, all dvds have a css encryption, which is tough to break. And after hearing how unhackable the system components are (you can't upgrade the processor or HD), I'll bet Microsoft has some tough encryption on the games.

-bonk

a 16 yr Norweign kid broke the css encryption. It wasn't that good.

l Maximus l
02-14-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1
Hey Maximus, what do ya think of the band Racer X??

Well, I have never been a big fan nor have I listened to them hardly at all. I do know that they have been around for quite a while. Some of these older bands are pretty cool...I don't know why, but, I've always liked Guns N' Roses

thunderkiss2k1
02-14-2002, 12:08 PM
Check out their latest: "Superheroes". Its pretty cool.

shererboat
02-14-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Stone Temple Pilots

i hear u on this max, STP is my MOST FAVE BAND!!.....scott weilend is truly a rockstar......who else do u know that could dress up like britney spears for a show, and the next day still be the coolest mutha*** out there!!

LynxFX
02-14-2002, 12:38 PM
I dont' agree that warez would kill the xbox if it does happen. If this was true then the PS1 would have died since it was/is the most copied gaming system ever.

But still, if you like a game, support the developer and buy it.

l Maximus l
02-14-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by shererboat

i hear u on this max, STP is my MOST FAVE BAND!!.....scott weilend is truly a rockstar......who else do u know that could dress up like britney spears for a show, and the next day still be the coolest mutha*** out there!!

lol...dude! I know EXACTLY what you mean, man! hehe :D

I really like Weiland back in his Core days the most...But, for some reason, I even like some of STPs newer stuff. But, I know it's because of Core...that CD is one of the best CDs ever made by any band, if you ask me :p

wizkid918
02-14-2002, 02:04 PM
just like anything else, it is only a matter of time