PDA

View Full Version : Grestest Boss Battles.

Madhattr
04-19-2005, 01:03 PM
This doesn't have to be Xbox only games it can be any game.

I am going to have to say fighting the Crimson King the second time (in the bamboo forest) in Otogi. Never have I fought a boss with...
a) similar size to my character
b) incredible speed and power
c) a boss I could smash through the air, slam into a rock face and get back up and charge me.

Casper
04-19-2005, 01:13 PM
I have Otogi and it was such an under-rated game IMO. I haven't been able to beat it though, as I got another game around the same time that got me completely hooked. Might have to wipe the dust off that one if you're saying this guy is such a battle.

Madhattr
04-19-2005, 01:23 PM
I have Otogi and it was such an under-rated game IMO. I haven't been able to beat it though, as I got another game around the same time that got me completely hooked. Might have to wipe the dust off that one if you're saying this guy is such a battle.

He isn't the hardest but he is an exhilarating fight. I havn't beaten it yet either even though I bought the second one. I am on the last stage and it is unbelieveably hard. Yeah since I got H2 I can't play much else.

Chewy
04-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Fighting Mysterio in Spiderman. Seeing his energy bar fill up three times, all that build up... that was great.

CharlieHustle
04-19-2005, 02:22 PM
How bout any boss battle in ninja gaiden... Especially the lady in the cathedral, the first time.

natedog8
04-19-2005, 02:58 PM
How bout any boss battle in ninja gaiden... Especially the lady in the cathedral, the first time.
agreed.
the skeleton bird, and alma, and the helicopter... all awesome bosses.

and like... dr. robotnik, he was pretty badass

Spaztic
04-19-2005, 03:31 PM
I really enjoyed beating down the Giants in Prince of Persia Warrior Within.

MixMasta
04-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Well recently, I would say the bosses in the Scarlet Monastary in WoW were pretty fun to beat.

But for Xbox, I really enjoyed the Hunter of the Reckoning boss fights. That game was really fun to play with three other people.

Variation-XBA
04-19-2005, 10:56 PM
Boss fights in God Of War > All

Jamo
04-19-2005, 11:38 PM
I'd have to say the last boss in Zelda Ocarina of time. I mean you beat Ganondorf down and his castle collapsed on top of him. just when you thought he was dead you hear a sound.... Walking forward slightly to see a mysterious fire creats a barrier all around blocking you from any means of escape. Ganondorf Bursts from the ground ready to take you down! he then transforms... lighting and storms for around the sky as you look up at your mighty foe and the music fit it perfectly.... his name appears on the bottom of the screen with no discription unlike the other bosses. Simply... GANON.

Sonic Adventures 1 and 2 and Sonic Heroes Last boss fights were awesome as well.
Ninja Gaiden had Alma.
RE3 had Nemesis which would be the boss that would not quit lol.
Ready 2 Rumble Round 2 had Rumble Man! LOL i cant remember his real name but yea for those who played it should know who he is!

There are many so i cant remember them all.

Shadow20002
04-20-2005, 04:43 AM
Alma, i must admit is a one hell boss in Ninja Gaiden but if you found the trick, is easy to overcome her in less than 5 minutes. And don't forget Tartarus, the final boss in Halo 2, on legendary is like impossible to beat him....

thrAsher
04-20-2005, 08:59 AM
Every last boss in Metroid Prime is an absolute joy to fight. I also loved the last boss in Beyond Good and Evil. Simple when you figured him out, but a great fight. Also really liked the boss fights in Halo 2 (all three of 'em), as well as Metal Arms. Metal Arms stands out, actually, because in it's entirety, the game is flawless. Absolute classic of a game. So far, I've enjoyed the boss fights in OOT, and Viewtiful Joe has some pretty cool boss fights, too.

But really, Metroid Prime right now stands out to me. Such a great, great, great game no matter how you look at it.

Oh, and while I'm at it, Otogi has some great fights, and the Crimson King one in the bamboo forest was freaking awesome!!! Felt like I was in some anime or DragonballZ episode. And Panzer Dragoon Orta!!! How could I forget the boss fights in that game? They were all so well done, and challenging. Especially the final fight. Pure gameplay mixed w/ stunning graphics and design.

Slowride
04-20-2005, 09:18 AM
I remember fighting the boss at the end of aladin on sega genesis. The floor was on fire and sh*t. It was pretty crazy.

Wolfboy_888
04-21-2005, 08:51 PM
shredder busting out into 2 forms in ninja turtles the arcade game...the winner my friend ..close the thread..

LTM360
04-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Every Metal Gear Solid Boss, all the Ocarina of Time Bosses > all.

Ninjermy
04-21-2005, 10:09 PM
The final Halo2 boss on Legendary was a ***** for sure. My favs are pretty much all the Ninja Gaiden bosses. So much variety in them all, they rock!

vman
04-21-2005, 11:06 PM
Every Metal Gear Solid Boss, all the Ocarina of Time Bosses > all.
fo sho. MGS has always had the most badass bosses.

Classic bosses of any megaman game is always something to look forward to.

TheCovenant
04-22-2005, 04:53 AM
Boss fights in God Of War > All

yea, all two of them... :confused:

Alma, from ninja gaiden. Thats the best boss battle...ever.

Honerable mention goes to:

Cyber AKuma.
The Lake Beast in RE4
Ganondorf/GANON in ocarina of time
Twinrova ocarina of time
The classic Shao Kahn battle frm mortal kombat 2
The CyberDemon from DOOM
The Last Boss from Duke Nukem (one eyed rocket launcher thing)

I must say though, the alma fight on very hard, is insanely hard, but retains the fun. Alma is a very formidable opponent, with an impressive entrance. I dunno, i think unscripted cool ness > scripted mini game coolness...a la re4 and God of War.

also, for those of you who've actually played it, panzer dragoon orta had some of the hardest boss battles ever conceived.

StudioAlex
04-22-2005, 10:04 AM
basically, any sega game. Gun Valkyrie, Jet Set Radio Future, Otogi 1 and 2, etc. While Zelda's bosses looked beautiful, they were all far too easy (like that sewer monster in Fable)

mattgame
04-22-2005, 10:32 AM

Honest to the almighty, I was on my feet clutching my controller until my hands and fingers got numb trying to kill that beatch!! It took me like 5 times but I got her damnit!!! :hail:

Sammael
04-22-2005, 10:58 AM
All the Mega Man bosses of the past.
All the Ninja Gaiden bosses.

Conchord
04-23-2005, 10:57 PM
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time! How can you guys forget these bosses?

Phantom Ganon, that amoeba-like thingie in the Water Temple, the Dragon in the Fire Temple...OMFG I want to play that game soo bad...

http://www.nemu.com/scrshoot/zelda1.jpg

Dyslexic Chaos
04-24-2005, 12:41 AM
My vote goes to Revolver Ocelot in the original MGS, he just dripped with coolness, especially with the remade cinematics for The Twin Snakes. Also, mega man bosses and Magus from Chrono Trigger was a great battle as well.

TheCovenant
04-24-2005, 04:38 PM
mgs' boss's are eeeasy/

m4oH
04-24-2005, 05:35 PM
All of the boss battles in god of war and ninja gaiden were great (I didn't get too far in Ninja Gaiden though).