PDA

View Full Version : Buy PSYCHONAUTS Now!!!

thrAsher
04-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Or don't. But it's getting pretty good reviews, if not a bit mixed IMO.

Psychonauts GameSpot 8.8/10
Psychonauts TeamXBOX 9.4/10
Psychonauts 1UP 9/10
Psychonauts GamePro 4/5
Psychonauts Game Informer 8.75/10

*Ratings taken from www.gamerankings.com.*

Finally, a platformer that introduces an entirely fresh intellectual property and has managed to live up to much of the hype it's generated amongst the hardcore misfits who've followed it as long as some of us have. Looks like I'll have to pick up an Xbox sooner than I thought.

If you know nothing about the game, go to www.doublefine.com/products for a little taste, and then check out some of the various reviews popping up around the net.

rolling stone
04-20-2005, 07:15 PM
i'm really interested in this game, it's really unique. gotta scrounge up some money first :(

StudioAlex
04-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Yeah, I played the demo and it was good. But I won't have time for it for awhile. Definately getting it this summer.

AlBoogy
04-20-2005, 08:11 PM
You give us links to reviews? Wheres your impressions? If you dont have it, shame on you.

AlphaRaptor
04-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Played the demo, pretty cool game design, graphics, and the gameplay is fun to boot. Maybe one day when I finnaly have some extra $$ I'll pick it up.

Variation-XBA
04-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Isn't it cheap as well?
Going to try a friends tomorrow and see for myself.

TheCovenant
04-22-2005, 04:56 AM
has a neat story line. Almost like a " if tim burton made games" kinda feel to it.

thrAsher
04-22-2005, 08:45 AM
You give us links to reviews? Wheres your impressions? If you dont have it, shame on you.
No, no impressions. I'd buy a copy, but I doubt my DVD player or any of my other consoles will play it. Or, to beat less around the bush, I ain't got no Xbox, brotha-man!

Just trying to get the word out is all. Was shopping around for a couple Cube games yesterday, and didn't see a single copy at the two Gamestops I went to. I'd say that that says a little something about the game (either a tiny first release, or rabid consumption of the product on release).

I will be picking this up in a couple weeks, when I get back on top w/ my bills and such. I'm kinda hoping that a good Xbox bundle will be announced and/or available soon. Say, a Jade Empire bundle for $200 or there abouts.

mattgame
04-22-2005, 12:12 PM
I'm going to rent this and WWM 21. I'll come back with a review also.

Variation-XBA
04-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Don't get WM21 Matt, trust me...please.

Wow....this game is AWESOME. The art style is just stunning and from the get go, the characters come to life.

Shadow20002
04-22-2005, 11:26 PM
Will get it for sure!

OC Noob
04-23-2005, 01:59 AM
No, no impressions. I'd buy a copy, but I doubt my DVD player or any of my other consoles will play it. Or, to beat less around the bush, I ain't got no Xbox, brotha-man!

Just trying to get the word out is all. Was shopping around for a couple Cube games yesterday, and didn't see a single copy at the two Gamestops I went to. I'd say that that says a little something about the game (either a tiny first release, or rabid consumption of the product on release).

I will be picking this up in a couple weeks, when I get back on top w/ my bills and such. I'm kinda hoping that a good Xbox bundle will be announced and/or available soon. Say, a Jade Empire bundle for $200 or there abouts.

Dude, you can buy the Xbox and Jade empire seprately for $200. I hope you get a better bundle then that;)

EB always has deals. I think they rotate them every 3 weeks for the 3 consoles (one system and or its games on sale per week). Talk to a store manager near you (don't trust just any clerk, unless they have been there a while).

AlBoogy
04-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Dude, you can buy the Xbox and Jade empire seprately for $200. I hope you get a better bundle then that;)

OWNED! Heh jk. He is right though. So whats going to be the excuse now? :whistle:

mattgame
04-27-2005, 09:42 PM
Don't get WM21 Matt, trust me...please.

Wow....this game is AWESOME. The art style is just stunning and from the get go, the characters come to life.

I just can't believe it's that bad! Why? Why can't they do it right? It was done before. :huh:

Popcorn Fairy
04-27-2005, 11:50 PM
I plan on buying this game. Played the demo and loved even that little bit. Absolutely hilarious, and a great platforming experience, this is sure to be a classic if people take the time to recognize it.

JJaX
04-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Wasnt this suppose to be a launch title? :rolleyes:

It better be good, it only took 100 years to make.

MixMasta
04-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Wasnt this suppose to be a launch title? :rolleyes:

It better be good, it only took 100 years to make.

No, I am pretty sure you are thinking of Malice.

Pyschonauts was delayed, but not 4 years.

EDIT: This game was first announced at E3 2002...so it is kind of old, lol.

Duke
04-30-2005, 10:09 AM
Buying this probably this weekend. Now don't get me wrong, I love my FPS/stealth/etc. games, but it's been awhile since we've seen a great, creative, original game on the xbox and they'll surely get my $50.

I hope this teaches lucasarts a freaking lesson.

mattgame
04-30-2005, 10:41 AM
I believe it has been at least 3 years for Pyschonauts right?

Oh well, I'm going to try and get it today.