PDA

View Full Version : MX vs. ATV Unleashed Review

vic2003
04-21-2005, 10:44 AM
I just wanted to let you guys know that their is backflips in the game, unlike the review says. To do one you: when aproaching the jump you want to have the thumbstick or d-pad up and as your leaving the jump pull back the thumbstick or press down fast. Also while doing this you have to have the right trigger pressed the whole time. For a better expalamation go into the game menu (i think under options) and choose training. These training movies will show how to do the backflip among other stunts. Oh and if you think the backflip is cool wait till you see the 360.

RichVGS
04-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I discovered that after I had submitted the review. Thanks for the info though.

Two Miles High
04-21-2005, 11:21 AM
yeah..the reviewer must not have played the game much or read teh manual....
he also obviously did not play online or he would have mentioned how horrible it is trying to connect to a game or use voice....

or it could be because they did not want to hurt rainbows feelings telling it like it is...I thought that was basically a worthless review ...the guy basically said "I hate racing games" ...then reviews a racing game. He spent a good portion talking about how to wreck a golf cart? give me a break!! I could go on and pick apart that entire review but I don't have the energy

After reading that review someone might actually think this game works online..go out and spend 40 bucks only to find out they can't race at all online..the voice does not work, all because this guy could not write an accurate review.
grrrrr

RichVGS
04-22-2005, 11:28 AM
A. I said "I'm not a fan of racing," not racing games. I love racing games. I just find watching racing (NASCAR, MX, Indy) boring.

B. I went online with the game five different times and never had a problem connecting and getting a game going. I admit I stoped using the communicator on Live because no one says anything worth hearing.

C. I have no reason to stroke Rainbow. I liked the game, deal with it. If you don't agree, write your own review. That is what the member review section is for.

D. Total play time before the review was over 25 hours (it said it in the review). You're right about that part that I did not read the instruction book, and I admitted that I was wrong about the flipping part. I would have edited the review, but once it is posted, there is nothing I can do.

Two Miles High
04-22-2005, 11:57 AM
A- you find watching MX on tv boring? I guess you've never watched #259
B- I wish I had that same success...seriously I have to try 20 to 30 times to connect to a game...all my other live titles connect fine...just strange
C- I tried to submit my own review and it still has not been posted..I figured it was yanked because I did not have blind praise for a game that does not deliver anything worth while over the 1st title
D- I would think if you review a game you might browse the manual...thats all

lastly- sorry for being harsh...I'm just very critical of games recently after being burned on some recent purchases....games are being released with way too many glitches lately....and I look to reviews to help reveal some of those glitches before spending money.

Duke
04-22-2005, 12:01 PM
C- I tried to submit my own review and it still has not been posted..I figured it was yanked because I did not have blind praise for a game that does not deliver anything worth while over the 1st title

We don't do that. We wouldn't have a member review section if we were worried about whether or not you'd rate it highly. I don't really check up on the member reviews often, but I'll see why it hasn't shown up.

-edit- Don't see it published or waiting to be published. Did you submit it under this name? Have you written any other reviews?

Two Miles High
04-22-2005, 12:26 PM
yeah it was under this name....I have not posted reviews previously....oh well no biggie