PDA

View Full Version : Supposed next gen screenshot

lotec16
04-27-2005, 08:24 PM
http://games.tiscali.cz/clanek/screen.asp?id=8921

since the site is in a difference launguage, here is the site i got the link from

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22389

LTM360
04-27-2005, 08:31 PM
There's no way..... absolutely no way.

MerimacHamwich
04-27-2005, 08:34 PM
I think maybe someone got FMV confused with ingame? Maybe?

Whisper
04-27-2005, 08:34 PM
not in-game anyway.

im telling you. i have a feeling the in-game look of the graphics wont be that much better at all... they may be able to have a perfect frame-rate and no sloading.. but the actual look wont look any better than the best looking xbox1 games.

FB-Gollum
04-27-2005, 08:40 PM
not in-game anyway.

im telling you. i have a feeling the in-game look of the graphics wont be that much better at all... they may be able to have a perfect frame-rate and no sloading.. but the actual look wont look any better than the best looking xbox1 games.

Sure they will. These games are going to blow your mind. Video games are the pre-eminent entertainment market. There's so much money going into there development right now it eclipses anything that's happened previously. This next gen is going to be the ultimate battle for dominance in a 6 billion dollar a year business. Bank on them throwing everything and the kitchen sink at it.

Whisper
04-27-2005, 08:47 PM
someone show me some in-game video.. then tell me im wrong.. i just have a bad feeling thats all

MerimacHamwich
04-27-2005, 08:51 PM
not in-game anyway.

They will look loads better than the current best of Xbox 1 games. The best PC hardware out right now blows the Xbox away. And supposedly the XBox 2's graphics chip alone, will be multiple times better than the current best PC videocards. So that means, games will look better than the current best PC hardware can dish out.

As follows, if next gen games look better than the current best PC games, then they will look hella better than the current Xbox games.

For example:
PC
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/doomiii_trite.jpg

Xbox
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/601/601298/doom-3-20050403041714042.jpg

Note that the size of the XBox picture is smaller, becuase it has a much smaller resolution. XBox resolution 640x480, PC resolution, I guestimate somewhere around 1280x1024 shrunk down.

LTM360
04-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Very good point Merimac, I guess I personally hadn't taken into consideration the power of current PC games such as DOOM 3 and Half-Life 2, and the fact that Microsoft claims that Xbox 360's chip can produce better than current PC games. I guess if Microsoft pulls that off, these graphics will be possible.

Let's just hope they don't pull a "Sony on Playstation 2." and say it'll have these kinda graphics and shove **** in your face. (I personally have yet to see a game on PS2 that look as good as Toy Story like they claimed it would do. :p )

MerimacHamwich
04-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Upon entering this thread, I was skeptical. Then I read Whispers post, and for somereason I disagreed with it. I knew games would look better than current PC and XBox, but wasn't expecting much better than current PC. Now that I've thought about it more, I think those graphics are possible. Not sure they will be first gen, but possible.

*excitement wells up*

lotec16
04-27-2005, 09:41 PM
I've heard that xbox 1 to xbox 2 is suppose to be a bigger jump in quality than ps1 to xbox 1. There are some videos of unreal engine 3 which a bunch of games are being based of off. Have you seen them?

vman
04-27-2005, 09:51 PM
meh, they look good but i dont like to speculate.

GuiltySpark
04-27-2005, 10:14 PM
BAH, the humans still suck ass....

This is possible for next gen..... did you see the Unrealy Engine 3.0 like 2 years ago!? Done and done....

Reclaimer
04-28-2005, 12:43 AM
I'm suprised no one here is interested in the game that the screen shots came from.
Hello.. if it's anything, then we might be looking at the first screen shots of a next gen game.

Anyway this is all I can find.

2 Days To Vegas

www.worthplaying.com

Posted on Monday, April 25 @ 01:22:23 PDT
2 Days To Vegas is a story driven 3rd person action-adventure game. The thrill-a-minute story is crammed full of car chases, shootouts and unexpected twists, to keep you on the edge of your seat throughout the game. The action is set in several major cities across the USA and takes place during an intense 48 hour period. This game has it all, a gripping story of contemporary gangster life combined with thrilling car chase action and an intense race against the clock.

Vinnie has a problem…. He has just been released from Rickers prison after serving a three year stretch. Unfortunately, his dreams of the quiet life on the outside and seeing his girl didn't quite work out as planned…. His younger brother Tony has went and got himself into some serious trouble….

http://games.dailytelefrag.com
2 Days to Vegas

Genre: Action

Developer: Steel Monkeys (PC, Sony PlayStation 2, Microsoft Xbox)

Steel Monkeys project website. English version, they're Russian.
http://www.steelmonkeys.com/eng/index_eng.html

2 Days To Vegas is still listed as under construction.
I think this is a PC game.

Variation-XBA
04-28-2005, 05:04 AM
http://games.tiscali.cz//images/2daystovegas/imgh.jpg
That's a GAME? 0_o

SamSmith
04-28-2005, 10:20 AM
wow, that car looks sweet... but i do think that it is posibal in the next gen...

well if not this gen, it will eventually be posibal

wulkar
04-28-2005, 10:58 AM
that looks like a pixar movie on crack

Floodman
04-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Those tires look crazy.

Cryogenic Pyro
04-28-2005, 08:14 PM
I believe these graphics are entirely possible. The specs on these new consoles are amazing, rivaling better-than-average PC hardware, and since these games are programmed specifically for one set of hardware it's no surprise things look this good.

Reclaimer
04-28-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm under the impression that this is a PC game.
Nobody is talking in detail or releasing extensive screen shots about their next gen console games, especially before E3. Steel Monkey has 2 Days To Vegas listed right out in the open, complete with extensive screen shots.
I would be highly surprised if this turns out to be a next gen game. Hell, we don't even know what console its going to anyway. Just because they indicate they support Microsoft Xbox doesn't mean they're cranking out exclusive games.

I don't know.

bbchs_trash
04-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Why is it that no one wants to accept the fact that the 360 comes four years after the original... why would there be no change in graphics? The consoles are designed to be on market for a 5 year span... meaning they are to compete graphically with the PC for 5 years. As you can see... we are coming closer and closer to this goal...

Not only this... but no one would shell out another $300 dollars if the games didn't show up graphically. You can't market gameplay... you can market graphics. Expect the unexpected... only two more weeks until all of you shut up and realize that the 360s graphics will far surpass its predeccessor.

AlphaRaptor
04-29-2005, 11:14 AM
Why is it that no one wants to accept the fact that the 360 comes four years after the original... why would there be no change in graphics? The consoles are designed to be on market for a 5 year span... meaning they are to compete graphically with the PC for 5 years. As you can see... we are coming closer and closer to this goal...

Not only this... but no one would shell out another $300 dollars if the games didn't show up graphically. You can't market gameplay... you can market graphics. Expect the unexpected... only two more weeks until all of you shut up and realize that the 360s graphics will far surpass its predeccessor.
Agree with you 100% :hump:

Heck, if it was all about gameplay and new and improved tech, why not stick with the current Xbox for another 5 years? As the first Xbox did, consoles are supposed to drive games forward, not backward.

Reclaimer
04-29-2005, 12:04 PM

The only reason why I'm doubting this is because why is this the only company showing off their next generation game before E3, before the official unveiling of the next gen consoles?
It doesn't make sense. We don't even know what the consoles look like, let alone what games (other than speculation of franchise sequels) are being worked on.
And here's this company showing their next game, complete with story and multiple screenshots? Nobody else is doing it, why would a little known game company spill the beans? Every company is working in extreme privacy right now, except for these guys?

No way.. it's definately a PC game.

AlphaRaptor
04-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Yea...it probably is, but 360 will be able to match and go beyond those graphics.

Sammael
04-29-2005, 01:54 PM
Not true Claimer, Sega has shown of several shots of Condemned.

MerimacHamwich
04-29-2005, 02:28 PM
The only reason why I'm doubting this is because why is this the only company showing off their next generation game before E3, before the official unveiling of the next gen consoles?
It doesn't make sense. We don't even know what the consoles look like, let alone what games (other than speculation of franchise sequels) are being worked on.
And here's this company showing their next game, complete with story and multiple screenshots? Nobody else is doing it, why would a little known game company spill the beans? Every company is working in extreme privacy right now, except for these guys?

No way.. it's definately a PC game.
That is exactly why they would do it.

Reclaimer
04-29-2005, 04:42 PM
http://www.tothegame.com/game.asp?id=4172

Days to Vegas

CATEGORY
Action

ONLINE PLAY: To Be Announced

PLATFORM
PCCDROM

DEVELOPER
Steel Monkeys

US PUBLISHER
To Be Announced

UK PUBLISHER
To Be Announced

http://www.jeux-france.com/news9764.htm

Name: 2 Days To Vegas
Version: PC
Editor: N.C
Developer: Steel Monkeys
Kind: Action/Aventure
Exit EUP: 2006
US Exit: 2006
Exit JAP: 2006

It doesn't matter though. They can very well be porting the game over to the 360 or something like that.. A cross platform release.

DemonLoki
04-30-2005, 09:08 PM
Expect the unexpected... only two more weeks until all of you shut up and realize that the 360s graphics will far surpass its predeccessor.

But some of remember the E3 before the last console war, and we were showed screens that exceded ANYTHING seen on those systems to date (gamecube- Zelda demo, those ******s :cuss: )

Of course they will look better, a whole **** lot better, but I dont believe everything I see.

bbchs_trash
05-02-2005, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=DemonLoki]But some of remember the E3 before the last console war, and we were showed screens that exceded ANYTHING seen on those systems to date (gamecube- Zelda demo, those ******s :cuss: )
QUOTE]

Maybe you've missed the screens of the latest installment of the Zelda series. It graces the cover of EGM this month... but I'm sure these are the Zelda graphics you are referring to.

And I think a lot of you take cel-shaded graphics for granted. These at times can prove to be much more difficult to work with than 3d... and I think that the Zelda Nintendo did put out... appealed to a much larger fan base than one in 3d would have. That was marketing at its best... now the darker Zelda will sell to both younger and older audiences alike... instead of just those who remember Link from our NES and N64 days.

Stormlord
05-03-2005, 08:53 PM
I believe those graphics are possible since everything next gen is supposed to be the next gen PC hardware as well. No doubt the first generation games of Xbox 360, PS3, and Revolution will look like HL2 and DOOM 3.

AlphaRaptor
05-03-2005, 10:56 PM
Beleive me...we'll be seeing games on 360 which will (Yes i dare say) make HL2, D3, and Far Cry look old.

Stormlord
05-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Beleive me...we'll be seeing games on 360 which will (Yes i dare say) make HL2, D3, and Far Cry look old.

No doubt. I just believe that the first Gen will use the graphical standards of HL2, DOOM and Far Cry first and then gradually look closer to CG and FMV.

AlphaRaptor
05-05-2005, 10:10 PM
No doubt. I just believe that the first Gen will use the graphical standards of HL2, DOOM and Far Cry first and then gradually look closer to CG and FMV.
Well right off they'll look better, but in a year or two, yea, they'll look close to prerendered CG. I mean if we saw some of the new games coming out today on Xbox 1 four years ago we would have been :yikes:

Your_Own_DIsaster
05-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Very good point Merimac, I guess I personally hadn't taken into consideration the power of current PC games such as DOOM 3 and Half-Life 2, and the fact that Microsoft claims that Xbox 360's chip can produce better than current PC games. I guess if Microsoft pulls that off, these graphics will be possible.

Let's just hope they don't pull a "Sony on Playstation 2." and say it'll have these kinda graphics and shove **** in your face. (I personally have yet to see a game on PS2 that look as good as Toy Story like they claimed it would do. :p )

heres something your not considering, xbox and windows = same company, when xbox 2 comes out you bet your last sea biscuit that microsoft will expand its new technology into the pc market to maximise its greedy profit margins.... THEREFORE ... once Xbox 2 comes out, PC's will improve and once again make xbox into the underdog of the graphics department.

basically, no matter how fast you churn out the consoles, pc users can simply "upgrade" the relevant parts of their motherboard to accomodate for the requierments set out by the new games.
and those new xbox2 screens shown towards the start of this thread have NOTHING on the new Havok 3 engine that is being worked on for the pc, that will simply blow Xbox 2 away, i dont want to say that as i want xbox 2 better the pc, but the simple fact of the matter is, once havok 3 [ i think thats what its called] hits the developers mats, pc games will once again out-do the consoles...

sorry console fanboys :P

Your_Own_DIsaster
05-06-2005, 06:40 PM
http://press.releases.filefront.com/Unreal_Engine_3_Selected_For_Xbox_2/;698;/pressrelease.html

this is what there using in the xbox 2
the Unreal Engine 3