PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Under Fire

MerimacHamwich
04-28-2005, 09:12 PM
I've had htis game for a while now, and sort of just had urges to play, that were never satisfied. So I plugged it in today, after a bit of Halo 2.

Am I ever glad I did. I played through a bit of the single player, and while it's a bit cheesy (storyline and acting wise) it's still fairly interesting. The gameplay is a breath of fresh air from what I'm used to. The Live play seems awesome as well. I had a couple matches, and it was quite rewarding.

I would highly suggest anyone pick this up, who is looking for a good game, that isn't the regular racer/fps of XBox and Live. I hope to see you guys online!!

http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/14058.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/13850.jpg

vman
04-28-2005, 11:50 PM
played the demo and i couldnt get an erection for a week.

Variation-XBA
04-29-2005, 04:40 AM
I got it free awhile ago and STILL haven't even opened it.

Spaztic
04-29-2005, 09:03 AM
I rented it and thought it sucked balls.

thrAsher
04-29-2005, 09:52 AM
I bought a used copy, played it for a couple days, and returned it. I might pick it up again sometime, as I didn't hate the game, but it just wasn't doing it for me at the time. Never did take it online, either. How is it in multiplayer?

Anyhow, keep on w/ the single player, Mac. The second 'chapter' is extremely funny, and your General is a wicked badass. Way cooler than the dude in the first chapter.

StudioAlex
04-29-2005, 11:05 AM
I picked it up for twenty and played it drunk for a couple of hours and was in love with the game. Had to put the voices on japanese because the acting was so bad. I had to put the game away though because I'm seriously back logged. I still need to beat X-men legends before I can justify playing through it. It's a strange thing in adulthood when you have more money than you do time.

Duke
04-29-2005, 11:08 AM
. It's a strange thing in adulthood when you have more money than you do time.

Speak for yourself there Richie Rich.

But yeah, I hardly buy any games and I still have a backlog myself.

StudioAlex
04-29-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm hardly rich, but I have a lot more than I did when I was a kid. Course, I live in Louisville where the cost of living is gloriously low.

MerimacHamwich
04-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I hope to finish the whole campaign sometime this summer.

The online play is cool. Basically, you start out with your level0 armies. You can select 4 units to play with. As you battle and kill your enemies men, you gain experience. Then after the game, you can use that experience to upgrade your army and turn them into different unit types. I think it's really cool in that way.

Online options are pretty standard, Optimatch, QuickMatch and create match. All the good stuff. You have pregame and post game lobbies obviously, where you choose what army you want to field. I've only played 2 matches, and those two matches were against the same guy, as we were in the same game lobby. He was a real nice guy, I just told him that I was knew, and he went easy on me.

I also heard that the online experience is going to be updated, although I am not sure if this is just rumour or not. Supposedly they are going to expand the 1v1 to a possible 4v4 or something. Although it largely sounded like misled hope turned to rumours. However, 1v1 was perfectly fun from what I played. You can use all of the tactics, strategies and options from the single player in the multiplay. Sending scouts, fire arrows, all that good stuff.

Anywhoo, just gonna start repeating myself here, so I'll stop. Think I'll play some more KUF:TC.

Sammael
04-29-2005, 02:26 PM
Well Microsoft just announced Kingdom Under Fire: Heros.

Shadow20002
04-30-2005, 04:07 PM
Well Microsoft just announced Kingdom Under Fire: Heros.

And that's what i want. :cool:

SilentTango
05-06-2005, 02:33 PM
I just got this game a couple of weeks ago. I played for 3 hours the first time I got it and never touched it since. Maybe I can play you sometime. Do you have to have a good connection to play online? because mine really sucks.

Tony_Macaroni
05-09-2005, 12:28 PM
I rented it once... it wus ok .... i could see online being quite fun, but i never got around to REALLY getting into it because i wus really busy the weekend I rented it .... I might rent it again some time.

AMR_MX
07-16-2005, 05:54 PM
i am mexican jajaja

viva MEXICO[/U][/I][U] cabrones