PDA

View Full Version : More Xbox 360 Info Leaked (Live, Specs)

wbio
05-09-2005, 03:58 PM
Mostly XBL-related, but there's also some spec info. Not sure how legit it is, but it says that several sources have said that it is. We'll see.

Source (http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4844)

The controller, the camera, the headset, the camera, and even the console itself...there have been a lot of Xbox 360 leaks so far.

Now, it seems a full list of Xbox 360 specs and Xbox Live details has been leaked. This list comes from a thread on the Team Xbox forums (the thread has since been deleted), and the TXB poster originally got it from another un-named forum.

2 types of Xbox Live:
Xbox Live Silver (no subscription required)
Xbox Live Gold (subscription benefits)

Features for Gold service
(S) Also for Silver
(O) Also for Offline

- Seamless transition to Xbox Live account from Xbox to Xbox 360
- Access to MMOs (additional fees may apply) (S)
- Free Xbox Live weekends (S)
- Multiplayer online gameplay
- Motto for gamer profile (S)(O)
- Personalized look for Xbox System Guide (S)(O)
- Offline achievments (S)(O)
- Online achievements (S)
- Access to other players' Gamer cards via Live (S)
- Cumulative gamer score (S)(O)
- Location/language profile (S)(O)
- Reputation (S)
- Enahnced matchmaking using above
- Skill level matchmaking
- Gameplay style profile (casual, competitive, etc.)
- Recent players list (S)
- Free and premium download game content(S)
- Free and premium downloadable movies, music, tv (S)
- Downloadable demos/trailers (S)
- Microtransactions (S)
- Custom playlist in every game (S)(O)
- Play music from portable devices (S)(O)
- View images from digital camera (S)(O)
- Strem media from Windows XP (S)(O)
- Interactive screen savers (S)(O)
- Track info for CDs (S) (O)
- Communication with voice, video or text (S)

The Hardware:
1. Support for DVD-video, DVD-Rom, DVD-R/RW, CD-DA, CD-Rom, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 cd, JPEG photo CD
2. All games supported at 16:9, 720p and 1080i, anti-aliasing
3. Customizable face plates to change appearance
4. 3 USB 2.0 ports
5. Support for 4 wireless controllers
6. Detachable 20GB drive
7. Wi-Fi ready

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU
- 3 symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHz each
- 2 hardware threads per core
- 1 VMX-128 vector unit per core
- 1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance
- 9 billion dots per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor
- 500 MNz
- 10 MB embedded DRAM
- 48-way parallel floating-point shader pipelines
- unified shader architecture

Memory
-512 MB GDDR3 RAM
- 700 MNz DDR

Memory Bandwidth
- 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
- 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
- 21.6 GB/s frontside bus

Audio
- Mulitchannel surround sond output
- Supports 48khz 16-bit audio
- 320 independent decompression channels
- 32 bit processing
- 256+ audio channels

To sum up the important stuff regarding XBL:

There will be two versions of Xbox Live. Silver is free (everyone gets it), and Gold is a paid subscription, like the current XBL. It looks like Xbox Live will be free on the weekends for everyone; Gold members will get it all the time, obviously. Current Xbox Live accounts will carry over to the 360 and become Gold Xbox Live accounts. Both Gold and Silver members will be able to download demos, trailers, and other content through XBL.

This info seems pretty legit, and some insiders have confirmed that this is indeed a real leak. At this rate, you have to wonder if Microsoft will have anything left to reveal at the MTV unveiling on May 12. :p

ll Mista GT ll
05-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Nice Stuff Man! :cheers: Looking forward to gold! :p

m4oH
05-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Definently getting gold just so I can direct transact my m4oH account.

SamSmith
05-09-2005, 04:23 PM
oh yeah! MS know what they are doing with the subscription thing, i cant wait! and the GOLD xbl will be completly worth it. nice find :cheers:

GuiltySpark
05-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Ah! This sounds awesome!

The only thing I still need it at least one old school controller port! What the hell am I supposed to do with this Ignition Dance Pad I just bought for $100!? Hopefully if I switch the breakaway to USB is will work...

Floodman
05-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Seamless transition; just what i was hoping I'd read

Whisper
05-09-2005, 05:06 PM
bleh.. so now there will be teirs in xbox life.. perfect...

skorp
05-09-2005, 06:41 PM
That is awesome news...

I like free... :D

CharlieHustle
05-09-2005, 06:57 PM
i have no problem with that.. I think i saw this news at teamxbox forum today. But anyways, thats was my burning question, what about our LIVE accounts? I guess it will be addressed.. And i dont mind the two subscription, for those who dont play live that much and dont want to fork out the dough, then they can only play on weekends. For us who are avid users, we get the gold. I do not mind at all.. Hopefulle this will be true.
Also if you look at the difference in the service silver cannot play games online, its just live aware. So they really dont get any benefits, maybe to play on weekends, thats all.

super_ryu
05-09-2005, 07:30 PM
;) any news on how much gold subscription will cost?

wbio
05-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Removable HDD News:

Source (http://www.xblgamers.com/story.php?storyid=121)

Quick clarification: There is a means to save your games internally built into each Xbox 2 and for developers to use as a cache. You do NOT need the additional hardware to save your games. You will need it for the custom soundtrack functionality, however. Sorry about the confusion.

With the forthcoming Xbox 2 release this fall and unveiling at E3 (Well, we think. We thought CES and GDC, too.) we've heard about Xbox 2's add-on HDD. Well, we've heard from a source within MS about X2's hard drive functionality.

In essence, it's a huge memory card. Bring your game saves, DLC, characters, MP3s, and saved replays to your friend's house. Load in your HDD and show your friend your kick ass character, or a PHAT RIDE, YO! Show him the course you made in PGR3, or the gametype you created in PDZ. Transfer saves, items, levels, and more with them (via memory card or Live? This info wasn't clarified). It won't be the supposed iPod killer. More like a portable Xbox Identity. Plug it into any Xbox and it'll know your Live account, stats, preferences, saves, and all of that good stuff. Think of it similar to Pokémon. Lugging around your GBC(olor) with Pokémon Red. Someone has Pokémon Blue, you trade some Pokémon and say good day. You can do this with saves, items, or whatever the developer wants. This should also be a Live feature, the way it was stated to us (Or perhaps just a Xbox Live marketplace feature, with the hard drive enabling it).

It won't be a normal IDE hard drive. One, because if you drop it and dislodge the head (insert ***** [hehe] joke here), you wasted the extra cash and your info is gone. Two, because of hackers. It's going to be durable, portable, and sleek. He suggested it'd be "pretty fashionable" if you choose to alter it's exterior looks with stickers or whatever.

It will be pre-loaded with some things, to entice buyers. Obviously, what's pre-loaded was not even hinted at.

E3 starts May 17th. Look for more information (and probably leaks) in the upcoming month leading up to this year's Conference and Expo.

mattgame
05-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Good news some of it we knew already right? Just nice to see it in one neat package.

Variation-XBA
05-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Wow my excitement just rose, thanks for the find.

Whisper
05-09-2005, 11:15 PM
ah i didn't read it.. sounds good..

anyway.. wtf is the camera used for?

GuiltySpark
05-09-2005, 11:44 PM

I'm sure that it is their for eye toyish funtionality. Just another tool for developers. If it comes with all 360's then you can bet your ass a lot of developers will take advantage of it.

I've also heard rumors that the camera will be used video chat sex over XBL. But you have to get the XBL platinum to enable this feature.

Variation-XBA
05-09-2005, 11:44 PM

Now you have to back up your unzipping on camera, or else you can never use that again.
:P

AlphaRaptor
05-10-2005, 08:00 AM
I'm sure that it is their for eye toyish funtionality. Just another tool for developers. If it comes with all 360's then you can bet your ass a lot of developers will take advantage of it.

I've also heard rumors that the camera will be used video chat sex over XBL. But you have to get the XBL platinum to enable this feature.
Yup, it'll be for video chat...

XBL platinum? :watchout:

SnoochyBoochy
05-10-2005, 09:19 AM

Jerkin' it! What else would it be used for?

AlphaRaptor
05-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Lets stop calling it an eye toy, eye toy sounds ghey.....

For now, its a web-cam

GuiltySpark
05-10-2005, 03:07 PM
I'm gonna call it the sex toy, because we know that's what it's gonna be used for....

AlphaRaptor
05-10-2005, 03:10 PM
I'm gonna call it the sex toy, because we know that's what it's gonna be used for....
SeX CaM maybe? :whistle:

vman
05-10-2005, 11:23 PM
SEXbox 360... daddy like!

AlphaRaptor
05-11-2005, 08:48 AM
Oh yea...^Nice