PDA

View Full Version : More info about the customizable faceplates for the 360

GuiltySpark
05-09-2005, 04:53 PM
New image released by Gam8ker:

http://media.teamxbox.com/dailyposts/xbox360/rumor/37943.jpg

It has been rumored for a long time that the Xbox 360 will feature customizable faceplates similar to those found in recent cell phones. These rumors were backed up with some convincing evidence when, speaking to MCV, Allard made an allusion that the next-generation Xbox would come in various forms:

"We have ways. We have ideas. Look at cell phones. You can have snap-on faceplates, you can change the skin and the batteries, and you can change the ringtones. I think we need to have a global foundation, and then personalize within region."

Now, a new image released by the Gamem8ker at OurColony.net offers another hint about the possibility of Xbox 360’s ability to incorporate custom faceplates.

The picture shows five Xbox 360 power buttons surrounded by different themes. Interestingly, five rings are usually used to symbolize the continents, like the five rings of the Olympic Games. (Although there is no standard definition for the number of continents).

The first time I saw this new image, I immediately thought about my cell phone, the Sony Ericsson Z600, which has removable covers for you to change the look of the phone. All this definitely backs up the rumor of customizable faceplates for the Xbox 360.

This would be in addition to the forum post found earlier on TXB (See: Thread about leaked specs and XBL info).

My post count makes me feel evil (1,666)...

skorp
05-09-2005, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't mind running the skin in the middle... :D

The console's power button has "skins," customizable appearances that can apparently be added by the user

Variation-XBA
05-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Top right corner one for me from what I can think of.

GuiltySpark
05-09-2005, 11:45 PM
I like the one in the middle....

Not Yellow
05-13-2005, 08:41 AM
:hump: I watched the show last night, and its long like the actuall Xbox, not round, and there are going to be more then 50 different kinds. :hump: