PDA

View Full Version : RAW Post Collection

XboxUserAndrew
02-13-2002, 02:08 PM
This is a collection of ALL of the RAW reviews/opinions.
In the future, I will try and make official game threads for the more popular Games.

maneatingcow-XBA

All messages start below this line
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Its really cool:)! I will admit, it's not the best game in gameplay and that, but the graphics are just amazing!! You should get it if u can.

Spaztic
02-13-2002, 02:29 PM
I was just wondering on the royal rumble feature,it was stated that six men in the ring was no longer advailable, and I belive IGN stated that 4 in ring and 2 out of the ring? is this still the case or are their just 4 people in or out of the ring at any given time?

XboxUserAndrew
02-13-2002, 02:42 PM
I no royal rumble isn't on it tho:-(

Spaztic
02-13-2002, 02:50 PM
WHOOPS i MENT BATTLE ROYAL!

XboxUserAndrew
02-13-2002, 03:03 PM
there like a 2,000,000!!!!!!!!!!

zeus2772
02-13-2002, 10:56 PM
WWF RAW is so freakin sweet. The gameplay is hard at first but in about 30 minutes youll be doing specials in no time.Graphics are sweet. Everything about this game is sweet.

Well off I go to play as Great Muta (my CAW)

Rochey69r
02-14-2002, 01:17 AM
hey everyone,
im sean i live in australia and are buying an xbox at launch (only 28 days). i have been looking forward to raw as i have loved WM2000 and NO MERCy.

but i almost hit the roof with anger as i found out this:

1. NO BLOOD
2. 1 arena
3. no RVD or members of the alience.
4. stamina meter (cant do any move youwant at any time like WM2000)
5. fred durst
6. only 6 wrestlers in the ring at one time (even pos2 can handle 8 in SD3)
7. you cant keep doing the sAme move over and over e.g. beating the hell outta someone with a chair because if you do the crowd boos you and starts going for the other guy
8. cant use ya own ripped music off the hard disk for your CAW
9. no comentating
10. no fighting in crowd

there im done

things i like
1. CAW sounds really good
2. graphics are completly amazing.

I HAVNT PLAYED IT YET!!

these are only thoughts on the game!!!

Marc
02-14-2002, 02:39 AM
My thoughts after playin it for 3 hours are that it sucks. It is way to hard to get out of a pin. Finishers are really hard to pull off. I feel like I'm just mashing buttons. It is far short of what I expected. It looks great, sounds great, but plays like *****...

Dave
02-14-2002, 03:45 AM
I have had this game a day and a half now, and THQ screwed it up so bad, there is no possible way I can make myself enjoy this game. Yeah it looks good, but trust me that is all it does good. Before you buy this game there are things you should know.

THQ put this awfull voltage meter in the game whitch makes the fans decide who is winning, and it's ruins the play of the wrestling part of the game entirely. You can have a guy in a figure 4 leg lock, and your meter will decrease, you can beat a guy for 5 minutes straight, the guy never touches you, and his meter can be higher than yours. Why THQ put this in the game is beyond me, but it is the absolute truth, and a guy who has not even pushed a button can be beating a guy who has landed 100 moves, because the fans are not happy with the way the player kicking the others guys ass is playing.

This meter makes the computer tough to beat because the computer knows what the fans want, you will not and will lose matches that you completely dominated. Nothing like kicking a guys ass for 15 mintes and then losing.

The strengths and weakness's of the wrestlers on this game are a mess. Little 5 foot 120 pound Trish Stratus can go toe to toe with 7 foot 300 pound Kane and win? Believe it or not, Kane has no advantages over Trish, HHH has no advantages over Stephanie McMahon, and it'shard to believe THQ had no interest in simulating strengths and weakness's at all, but they did not even make an attempt.

The Create a wrestler goes into too much detail, and it's hard to make characters. I know too much sounds good, but in RAW THQ even screws this up. Trying to make a guy bigger, actually makes him look deformed, so it's hard to make a guy like Big Poppa Pump or Goldberg. I have not even come close to making a good looking character, because the bodies wind up looking deformed when I try to make them bigger. So I really do not even enjoy the create a wrestler feature either because I spend way to much time doing tedious annoying things, and then it does not work out right in the end anyway.

No blood, no story mode, no arena's other than RAW, no hell in a cell, and no cage matches. THQ thought just looking at RAW was enough, you won't.

Even after all these mistakes, the grappling aspect of the game is bad as well. Undertaker chokeslams a guy, he gets up like nothing happened in a second? A lot of miss's when you try ot grapple, and it just does not have a smooth feel to it like other THQ wrestling games in the past had like WM2k.

This game is a disgrace to the xbox and to wrestling. It's sad to think some people actually bought xbox for this pile of garbage called RAW THQ released. The problems the game have completely ruined it, and the game has no replay value at all, no multi player value at all, and I definitely reccomend renting it first, because it is just awfull. I tried hard to like it because I waited a year for it anxiously, but it is impossible to like this game, and THQ would have to change almost every single aspect of this game for me ever to buy a second version for xbox.

Variation-XBA
02-14-2002, 04:19 AM
Raw was one of the reasons I bought my Xbox...and I get my game in a few hours.... Lets hope that I find it more entertaininghttp://www.minorannoyance.net/~spin/Smilies/contrib/edoom/sad2.gif

Caspel
02-14-2002, 05:20 AM
Okay, I have WWF Raw and its great. Sure its missing things but dont judge it from everybody else's thoughts until you are able to get an opinion of your own.

Tonight I will put up my WWF Raw review and a couple others, so tonight you will be able to see what i liked and didnt like from it in all.

batman46st
02-14-2002, 08:02 AM
Im one of the few people that bought the xbox for this game(and others) however this one is the one that got me hooked to it. I'm gonna buy it:rolleyes: for the same reason i bought batman vengience, I'm a fan. Dave dude, I'm probably gonna end up saying the same things as you it seems we both wanted a game similar to wrestlemania 2000 n64.My one question is, can u put your own music to your creata player

gula
02-14-2002, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Dave
I have had this game a day and a half now, and THQ screwed it up so bad, there is no possible way I can make myself enjoy this game. Yeah it looks good, but trust me that is all it does good. Before you buy this game there are things you should know.

THQ put this awfull voltage meter in the game whitch makes the fans decide who is winning, and it's ruins the play of the wrestling part of the game entirely. You can have a guy in a figure 4 leg lock, and your meter will decrease, you can beat a guy for 5 minutes straight, the guy never touches you, and his meter can be higher than yours. Why THQ put this in the game is beyond me, but it is the absolute truth, and a guy who has not even pushed a button can be beating a guy who has landed 100 moves, because the fans are not happy with the way the player kicking the others guys ass is playing.

This meter makes the computer tough to beat because the computer knows what the fans want, you will not and will lose matches that you completely dominated. Nothing like kicking a guys ass for 15 mintes and then losing.

The strengths and weakness's of the wrestlers on this game are a mess. Little 5 foot 120 pound Trish Stratus can go toe to toe with 7 foot 300 pound Kane and win? Believe it or not, Kane has no advantages over Trish, HHH has no advantages over Stephanie McMahon, and it'shard to believe THQ had no interest in simulating strengths and weakness's at all, but they did not even make an attempt.

The Create a wrestler goes into too much detail, and it's hard to make characters. I know too much sounds good, but in RAW THQ even screws this up. Trying to make a guy bigger, actually makes him look deformed, so it's hard to make a guy like Big Poppa Pump or Goldberg. I have not even come close to making a good looking character, because the bodies wind up looking deformed when I try to make them bigger. So I really do not even enjoy the create a wrestler feature either because I spend way to much time doing tedious annoying things, and then it does not work out right in the end anyway.

No blood, no story mode, no arena's other than RAW, no hell in a cell, and no cage matches. THQ thought just looking at RAW was enough, you won't.

Even after all these mistakes, the grappling aspect of the game is bad as well. Undertaker chokeslams a guy, he gets up like nothing happened in a second? A lot of miss's when you try ot grapple, and it just does not have a smooth feel to it like other THQ wrestling games in the past had like WM2k.

This game is a disgrace to the xbox and to wrestling. It's sad to think some people actually bought xbox for this pile of garbage called RAW THQ released. The problems the game have completely ruined it, and the game has no replay value at all, no multi player value at all, and I definitely reccomend renting it first, because it is just awfull. I tried hard to like it because I waited a year for it anxiously, but it is impossible to like this game, and THQ would have to change almost every single aspect of this game for me ever to buy a second version for xbox.

Jesus, you didn't have to made 2 posts of the same thing, you could of posted this in your other post, idiot....:rolleyes:

Just give the game a chance. I only played it for an hour so far, and I pretty much like it, you just have to get used to it....

And if you land 100 moves of the same thing, then the fans don't like it, too repetative.

So just don't make up another post, it will take up useless room in boards, just go to your other post: I got RAW. ( 1 2 )
and post this there...

Dave
02-14-2002, 09:17 AM
Batman you cannot use your own Cd's in RAW.

I do not want to sound to over opinionated, and I would probably buy this game no matter how bad someone told me it sucked as well because I wanted it so bad, but you guys will not believe how stupid this voltage meter that controls the tempo of the match works. You hit a guy, and you lose power and he gains? You put a guy in a submission hold, and you can lose power and the opponent gains power? This game is the first and hopefully last of it's kind. The first fighting game, that hitting the other guy can actually hurt you more than your opponent.

I bought the book, and it says you have to please the crowd to hurt the opponents voltage meter, and the crowd is everything in this game. You have to use a variety of moves for the crowd to like you. Kicking the hell out of a guy for like 20 minutes means nothing in this game, his meter can still be the same as yours after a 20 minute slaughter. I have beaten a guy senseless, and have really tried to use every move I could, but have still lost with my opponent being hit with every move I could, plus hitting him with chairs, hammers, steel chairs, and you name it. You kick a guys ass so bad, no way could a human survive but no blood, and he is standing there looking at you in perfect shape, because you did not kick his ass properly?

You hit him with a hammer 50 times, and you will lose for sure, because the guy will gain way to much strength while you are pounding on his head with a hammer, because the crowd is not pleased? This completely ruins the game. How in the hell does a guy get stronger being hit in the head with a hammer 50 times, and the guy who hit him winds up losing for hitting him too many times?

That's not fighting, that's not wrestling, I have no idea what that is? Someone ask THQ what this game was modeled after, because it is not wrestling or fighting. A 300 pound 7 foot man hits a 100 pound 4 foot girl with a hammer 50 times, and she rolls him up and pins him because he did not beat her up properly? I hope I have saved at least 1 person 50 bucks on this absolute joke of a game.

XBOXgamer13
02-14-2002, 09:19 AM
get used to the game. I know the game was kinda hard. Play it then for about 5 hours and you will see

Dave
02-14-2002, 09:20 AM
Gula this post was my final opinion of RAW, the first one I only had it for like an hour. I'll put it wherever I want so kiss my ass.

XBOXgamer13
02-14-2002, 09:28 AM
did u buy the game or rent it?

gula
02-14-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by XBOXgamer13
get used to the game. I know the game was kinda hard. Play it then for about 5 hours and you will see

Yeah it is kind of hard, but once you play it for a little, you get used to it. And then you love it! I really do like this game...

Gula this post was my final opinion of RAW, the first one I only had it for like an hour. I'll put it wherever I want so kiss my ass.

Ok you ****ing prick, I thought I would hold in my anger but then you had "so kiss my ass".

You expected too much in the freaking game, so then your going to cry about it. LIKE A LITTLE *****!! You read too many rumors, and this is what it comes out to. :rolleyes:

XBOXgamer13
02-14-2002, 09:37 AM
Dave, stop crying like a little baby:eek:

gula
02-14-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by XBOXgamer13
Dave, stop crying like a little baby:eek:

Yeah I know man, if you don't like the game then take it back and shut the **** up.

J Dub
02-14-2002, 09:53 AM
Well on the contrary, I find it to be great. I've been playing it since 6:00 last night, and I still love it. You just have to get used to the game. After you do that, you will love it.

gula
02-14-2002, 09:54 AM
Only thing I am saying about the game...

:D I LOVE IT! :D

Ninja Scroll
02-14-2002, 09:57 AM
YO addicts!
I will be the first to say there are more than enough RAW threads in the Discussion forum, but hopefully this one wont be as negetive as some others ended up.
Well I scooped mine up after work yesterday in excitement even though I knew what the other sites rated this game.
Okay, after popping it into my Xbox I was kinda confused:eek: I had to look at my calendar to make sure it was Wednesday cause I swoar that opening movie had me thinking it was Monday Night!!:cool: I cant lie, I was drooling from da get go!

But im not gonna rant for a paragraph or 3, lets get down to da bizzinizz kids!
The graphics/visuals are unbelievable.....but tell me this,.. is it me or does all the WWF Superstars all walk down the aisle like they just took a ***** or have something stuck in their respective asses!?:confused: (*can Ninja say dat!:eek: *) I mean yo! It's soo obvious to see!:D
Well in my book the game ends with the flashy graphics:( , like someone said, the gameplay is off big time, the grappling is horrible, when you beat someone's ass for 30 minutes all the CPU has to do is slap you once to da grown and pin you for a easy 1-2-3!:o
And someone please tell me one thing. Why when I get a simple punch to knock me down it takes my dude a half hour to get back to his feet!?:confused:
Im pretty d@mn disappointed in RAW, but maybe when I put more time in I will grow to enjoy it.
But my final words are this: for real wrestling fun, action, gameplay, and everthing other than flash in da pants graphics.. I say Kiddy64 was da place to be! That system without question has the best wrestling games of all-times. From WCW vs. nWo World Tour to WCW Revenge!
How do you guys feel?

Spaztic
02-14-2002, 10:02 AM
First of all, WWF RAW has a pretty large learning curve. People who just pick up the game and judge it in 30 mins, are not being very fair to themselves or the game. Once you get the feel for different moves and how they work the gameplay is fast and ferocious! I don't really feel they had to many elements of the no mercy fighting engine. The basic idea is the same but the the action is faster and alot more fluid and the timing takes a little bit to get used to. The grappling system is a little anoying at first becuase the computer will constantly push you away! But once you learn the moves and get the timing down, in my opinion, is better then no mercy! Stamina is the key to this game! If you keep it up your voltage meter will rise and enable you to get specials faster. The specials are very well rendered, I actually like the fact that specials are not very easy. Once you get it down it is not hard to get at least one per match, unlike no mercy where I could do 3 in a row.

Gamespot complained about the AI, I really didn't notice anything about it besides when you are out of the ring the computer keeps rolling in and out of the ring as if it is reseting the count, other then that the AI and very difficult and challaging!

Battle royal still allows 6 men in the ring at once. 4 you can pick the others will come in during the match as interference. It starts to get really insane with that many people in the ring.

The CAW is a great feature, is huge it takes a good amount of time to create a character. I feel people will really like this feature. I couldn't help but to chuckle when I saw some of the gloves and masks advailable.

The blood that was removed looks as though it was replaced with sweat. And it gets everywhere on the mats...god it would have been cool if they left the blood in.

PROS:
grapple system
6 men in the ring at a time
interfearing during intros
CAW feature
intrances
rope physics
fast gameplay
realistic

CONS:
Walking animations-need alot of work!
Some characters look good others need work!
Lack of matches - cage, tlc, story mode...exc.
unable to climb ladders
No blood - this is really a must for wrestling games
unable to rip entrance themes for caw's
no backstage

Graphics - 8 - looks good, characters need work!, could be better!

Sound - 8 - menu music is anoying, sfx are above average!

Gameplay - 9 - fun fast and furious, needs to allow you to climb latters, and fight in the audience, a little more refining for raw2 and it will be a ten!

overall 8.5 - although this game breaks groud in some areas it needs to make up for other areas it lost. This game will definatly hold its value with wwf fans, if you are not sure about this game rent it first!

kicking you friends ass to win bragging rights 10!!!!!

any questions and comments are welcome, I will be browsing around until 5.

l Maximus l
02-14-2002, 10:39 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but, I wanted to tell you that I also heard that the wrestlers do actually walk down the isle kind of funny...but, I heard it wasn't all that bad. The biggest rant I heard in regards to this, and maybe you can confirm it or not, is that every single wrestler actually walks down the isle with the exact same kind of movement.

I mean, we all know that walking is walking, right? But, most people look different when they walk. You see, Ninja...I don't walk very often...I'm usually chillin' and playing vids while I watch you go fetch me a tasty chicken wings and my favorite frosty beverage :D hehe

Spaztic
02-14-2002, 11:21 AM
no every wrestler dosn't walk the same walk...

Ninja...I played this game for about 6 hrs. last night. I felt the exact way you did in the beginning. In the last hour of my playing something clicked and I was reversing hits, pulling monster moves, and doing a finisher once a match. I would say to give it some more time this weekend. I love the battle royal with interference on....gets a little crazy with six people in the ring at once! I put the settings down to easy to get the basics down...that helped alot! Also take notice of your stamina. If you stamina is smaller then your opponents they will usually reverse your grapple. It is just a matter of timing! Once you get the hang of it I feel you will think the game is better then no mercy!

Chr0nik
02-14-2002, 11:32 AM
This game should not have to be like playing chess, you should not have to time and plan out your strategy, it should be an all out button mashing fiasco.

If you want to pull of a finisher as your first move of the match do be it. I hate this crap of only being able to perfrom finishers when certain conditions are met, that is what we all want to see.

I want to be able to give Triple H a stunner right off the bat and then dominate his ass.

In my opinion there is way to much thinking going on, to be able to get satisfaction out of this title.

I am starting to be pushed away by the constant dissapointment of my Xbox titles, the only one that has lived up to the hype in my view was Halo.

Spaztic
02-14-2002, 11:47 AM
I prefer the realistic feel, but that is just my opinion? Just wondering CRONICK how long did you play this game? I just don't feel the game is very challaging if you can pull 10 specials per match.

AvedisZ
02-14-2002, 12:48 PM
You are 110% right. Walking needs work. Top say the walk like Robocop is an uderstatement, however for some characters it looks normal. Take a while to get the hang of it though. I went through about 6 matches before I won, Stone Cold (me) kicked Bub-Bu Ray Dudlys ass. Now I can put a match down pretty quick, can't wait to play it some more!!!!

Ninja Scroll
02-14-2002, 01:12 PM
you dont feel it is very challenging?! Yeah right, well im one that never reads manuels before I play so I found it kinda difficult to
pull moves off. Now wrestling is not rocket science but this game is so off balanced it's crazy!:eek:
The CPU is cheesy as hell and he can beat you with a couple moves while you had already destroyed his candy ass for 30 minutes straight!
I dont dislike the game at all, I mean I only put in 2-3 (the 1st hour & a half were wrestler entrances:D) hours last night so im not gonna get ahead of myself just yet people.
Hey, does anyone know how to pull off the "Finishing Moves"?
I did look at the thing in the option menu where it showed The Crock killing Austin's ass and they show the freakin moves list to d@mn fast!:rolleyes:
I know they got to be dizzy and the energy thing has to be flashing, and then you press the A + B buttons at da same time. Someone correct me if im wrong please.
And how can da Crock do da peoples roody poo elbow drop?
:eek:

Oh waximus, I dont care what anyone post in here, all those dumb ass wrestlers walk like robots with dookie up their asses!:D

XBOXgamer13
02-14-2002, 01:30 PM
Dave, you can give it to me if you don't want it:)

Dave
02-14-2002, 01:38 PM
If THQ made a Nascar game, and how the crowd felt won the race, and a Ford Pinto with a flat tire could beat Gordon on his best day, because the programmed fans liked the Pinto, do they expect Nascar fans too enjoy the game? The fans start cheering, and that pinto with a flat tire just takes off like a raped ape,and breaks a Nascar World record, yee haw!

If THQ made a Basketball game where every team was just as good, and a group of crippled white midgets could beat the L.A. Lakers if the crowd liked them, do they expect Basketball fans to like the game, or do you think Basketball fans might want just a little realism?

If THQ made a football game this year, where the pathetic Carolina Panthers could trample the Patriots 64-0 if the programmed fans liked the Panthers play calling, do you think football fans would like this game? Who the hell needs strength, power, skill or speed anyway?

All these games would completely suck. How in the hell could fans of any of these sports enjoy games this rediculous, that in no way shape or form, represented what it is based on? Would you guys tell me I expected too much out of either of these games because I did not like them for what they were? Asking for too much is one thing, not even making a game close to realistic or even in the same galaxy of what it is based on is another.

As far as my money back goes, 50 bucks back cannot even come close to making up for the year I waited for this absolute joke THQ called WWF RAW. This board was loaded with RAW WILL RULE posts in here because THQ was full of *****, and now look at it in here. THQ ruined the party not just for just myself, there are tons of people not just a little disappointed, but flat out ****ed off. Sure a few, very few people might enjoy this non wrestling game, but overall a lot of people will wind up let down by this not funny joke THQ pulled on all the wrestling fans. I am glad a few of you like it, and hopefully next year the other 95% of will get a wrestling game worth playing on xbox, because we sure as hell do not have 1 now.

l Maximus l
02-14-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Dave
If THQ made a Nascar game, and how the crowd felt won the race, and a Ford Pinto with a flat tire could beat Gordon on his best day, because the programmed fans liked the Pinto, do they expect Nascar fans too enjoy the game? The fans start cheering, and that pinto with a flat tire just takes off like a raped ape,and breaks a Nascar World record, yee haw!

If THQ made a Basketball game where every team was just as good, and a group of crippled white midgets could beat the L.A. Lakers if the crowd liked them, do they expect Basketball fans to like the game, or do you think Basketball fans might want just a little realism?

If THQ made a football game this year, where the pathetic Carolina Panthers could trample the Patriots 64-0 if the programmed fans liked the Panthers play calling, do you think football fans would like this game? Who the hell needs strength, power, skill or speed anyway?

All these games would completely suck. How in the hell could fans of any of these sports enjoy games this rediculous, that in no way shape or form, represented what it is based on? Would you guys tell me I expected too much out of either of these games because I did not like them for what they were? Asking for too much is one thing, not even making a game close to realistic or even in the same galaxy of what it is based on is another.

As far as my money back goes, 50 bucks back cannot even come close to making up for the year I waited for this absolute joke THQ called WWF RAW. This board was loaded with RAW WILL RULE posts in here because THQ was full of *****, and now look at it in here. THQ ruined the party not just for just myself, there are tons of people not just a little disappointed, but flat out ****ed off. Sure a few, very few people might enjoy this non wrestling game, but overall a lot of people will wind up let down by this not funny joke THQ pulled on all the wrestling fans. I am glad a few of you like it, and hopefully next year the other 95% of will get a wrestling game worth playing on xbox, because we sure as hell do not have 1 now.

Man, I thought you said earlier that it was growing on you and that you started liking it. If you don't want it, I'll take it :)

DT21
02-14-2002, 02:17 PM
Raw kicks @$$. I've been playing it non-stop!:). My only gripe is the camera angle in the ring:(.

Spaztic
02-14-2002, 02:25 PM
do you know how to put someone though a table yet? If so share the wealth! I have tried to do slams around the table but is seems like I always miss!

Virazslo
02-14-2002, 02:27 PM
GameInformer gave it a 6.5. Wahoo, another sub-par game for X-Box!

skoot182
02-14-2002, 02:54 PM
Theyve got the "robo-cop" walk, if you ask me

GokuX
02-14-2002, 03:32 PM
I could care less for the single player. So the real question is "how fun is it when U and a friend are doing double people's elbows to one of your other friends as he lies helplessly on the mat?" I haven't picked this one up yet and all my friends have GCs so of course they rely on me for Xboxage. Is it just a flash in the pan? Or would it be worth the rent for the multi aspect?

Spaztic
02-14-2002, 03:54 PM
Ninja....I was talking about no mercy about pulling 10 specials off in a match....I have done 2 in raw...I actually did my first one on accident, it was takers last ride (sweet!!!!). getting you bar to blink was a little easier then I thought just switch up you moves, and throw in a couple of taunts while opponent is on the ground. Now the trick to getting someone stunned is the problem I still have. You know when you punch someone and the screen gets blurry for a second follow it up with a grapple (a) then hit a+b.

So in other words get your bar flashing, punch until you see the blur, grapple opponent then hit a+b. once you do a finisher you are going to open a whole new world of @ss wooping! You will have a whole new respect for this game. I would move the difficulty to easy until you get the hang of it....Easy is still somewhat difficult!

I didn't get my first finisher until about 4 1/2 hours of gameplay!

Spaztic
02-14-2002, 04:13 PM
don't knock it until you try it

E-Xbox
02-14-2002, 05:54 PM
HEY ALL
today when i got home i saw WWF RAW ...my dad picked it up for me when i was at school...so i quickly ran down stairs and popped it in
the intro is amazing :D ...i love it...
the graphics are soooo killer...
the first thing i did was CAW...the CAW is very very well done and the best part is designing the intro ... i love it..
the next thing i did was a battle royal...surely enuff i won
so i played a singles match with stone cold
boy i love interfere the intros even tho they are amazing....i then smashed the cpu through a table with a suplex and did the stunner...then the double replay thing popped up..its amazing...
then i won the match....peeps say its hard to kick out of a pin...i kicked out of 5 pins in 1 match...i dont find it hard.....
peeps say the dont like the voltage meter i do, i pinned someone with 1/4 of the voltage meter and i still one ...plus if the cpu is cheaping u by juss kicking u on the ground the crowd cheers for u
so ...my final thoughts of this game so far is
I LOVE IT!!!
im going to play more....
LATA :)

DT21
02-14-2002, 06:06 PM
Agreed, this game rocks.

XboxUserAndrew
02-14-2002, 06:45 PM
I LOVE DIS GAME!!!

Integra Man
02-14-2002, 06:48 PM
wwf. BIGGEST DISSAPOINTMENT thats all i have to say.

a) caw sucks
b) i hit him with a chair 55 times he gets up hits me once im down he pins me and i lose. what kind of bull **** is that
c) the modes suck

sorry guys im a BIG fan of wrestling games. this is average game. really bad

: (

RENT IT

dont BUY IT

Snoopy7548
02-14-2002, 06:55 PM
yea, and if it sucks, u can always bring it back and get another game

hellfire
02-14-2002, 07:42 PM
no arguments from me - it's just another mediocre xbox game, that was once again WAY overhyped, and couldn't live up the the expectations.

BORNGD
02-14-2002, 07:48 PM
yea, i hit regal with a stunner, fool gets up right after i hit him with it then i did some scoop slam thing and i can pin him...what tha hell!!?????!??!?!?!?!

hellfire
02-14-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by BORNGD
yea, i hit regal with a stunner, fool gets up right after i hit him with it then i did some scoop slam thing and i can pin him...what tha hell!!?????!??!?!?!?!

lol - that's what was happening to me - was getting my ass kicked by someone last night, and I got up, knocked him down once, and pinned him - 3 count fall - LAME - the AI is just pathetic in that game.

studepaber
02-14-2002, 08:21 PM
I think the voltage meter is a great way to decide the winner of the game. In real life, victors aren't determined by ability, skill, knowledge or any kind of physical advantage, although it may be scripted that way.....so why make a game like that? btw I was disappointed with the game when I first got it, then I played it for awhile and I find it highly addictive, and that makes me even more psyched to see what THQ's plans are for a sequel.

Azazel
02-14-2002, 10:24 PM
So then is it a good game overall??? Worth buying or a renter?

studepaber
02-15-2002, 08:45 AM
hey ty818, I suggest you first rent it and play it nonstop, at first you will be frustrated witht he game but you will soon get the hang of it. If you don't like it when you take it back to rental store don't buy it, that simple. It's a matter of preference in my opinion, I bought the game and love it, but some people obviously don't.

AvedisZ
02-16-2002, 05:19 PM
It's challenging, yeah. You WILL start to get the hang of it, ok. But when my buds come over, who are all PS2 owners get beat into oblivion it's not so fun. To much of a learning curve to have fun playing with someone who doesn't own it.

{*}{u$tler*}
02-19-2002, 02:30 PM
I dont know why people complain like Dave.He did make alot of good points but if you dont like it so much dont play it or sell it and stop complaining.The main reason I got an XBOX was for Raw and to tell you the truth,its not boring.If you really like wrestling then I dont see why you wouldnt like Raw.It does have alot of things that need improvement but it wouldnt change anything if you keep on complaining,so you might as well get used to it.ZGXB,why do you say the CAW sux?!:mad:,personally I think its one of the best Ive seen yet and if you know that your gonna loose by hitting your person that many times then dont do it!!:mad: