PDA

View Full Version : Is my xbox dieing?

ShaDovV RyDer
05-11-2005, 04:30 PM
OK its been going on for a while now and its kinda getting worse and worse as I play and stuff. If I play for an hour and turn it off I have to wait for 2 hours before I can turn it on again and even then it takes a few trys to get on. My question to you at XBA is has my xbox about had enough even though I have only had it for about 1 and a half years???

Variation-XBA
05-12-2005, 01:42 AM
Yup, time to give MS a call.

ShaDovV RyDer
05-12-2005, 06:02 AM
Is it possible that the xbox is just dirty on the inside???

Shadow20002
05-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Maybe you overheat it too much or the ON function is just get used.

SamSmith
05-12-2005, 04:47 PM
i think its overheating.. the same thing happens to one of my xboxs, MS should be able to repair it... but i wouldnt bother, because you know whats arounf the corner!!

Highlite23
05-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Make sure the fan is running and not all full of dust and crap. Nothing a can of compressed air may not cure.

faceoff508
05-12-2005, 07:11 PM
If your warranty is out and you do not want to pay money, try this:

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/cleaning_your_dvd_drive.htm

mattgame
05-12-2005, 10:24 PM
Before you take out back and put it to sleep, clean it out good.

Douchesforfun
05-13-2005, 10:19 PM
actually you might just need to clean it, but if you dont feel like voiding the warranty call MS and send it in, otherwise get out the ol' vacuum open 'er up and clean the son of a ***** out!1!

ShaDovV RyDer
05-14-2005, 07:50 PM
I don't think that its my DVD drive because I would get a lot of DDEs right??? I really just think I have played it so much since Halo 2 came out and its now starting to feel the burn. One thing I found that helps it is the have a fan on it at all times which cools it down quicker so I don't have to wait as long to turn it on again. That leads me to believe that its my fan that is probably really dusty or somethin is makeing it go slow enough to not cool down my xbox, so how would I go about cleaning it?? Do I just pop it open and run a vacum over the whole thing or should I get a duster in there so things dont get sucked up???

Thnx in advance for the help guys

ShaDovV RyDer
05-15-2005, 04:06 PM
OK I opened up my XBox today and vacumed all the dust out of it. Then I plugged it up and pressed the power button and again nothing happens. The disk tray won't open and nothing comes up on the screen. Someone please help me out here because I really didn't want to spend 150 bucks to get a new one just to use over the summer. Not to mention Halo 2 is inside.

super_ryu
05-15-2005, 05:55 PM
OK I opened up my XBox today and vacumed all the dust out of it. Then I plugged it up and pressed the power button and again nothing happens. The disk tray won't open and nothing comes up on the screen. Someone please help me out here because I really didn't want to spend 150 bucks to get a new one just to use over the summer. Not to mention Halo 2 is inside.

I think it's time to call MS...

CrackinBacks
05-15-2005, 06:50 PM
I had the same problem awhile back, but I was fortunate enough to have a friend that worked at Game______ and he exchanged it for me. This time I bought the one year replacement plan, so if It happens again, I can get a replacement.

ShaDovV RyDer
05-16-2005, 04:43 PM
I think it's time to call MS...

If I end up calling MS will they replace it or have me ship it to them to repair. I mean I did just rip off that bottom sticker and everything.

nirvana563
05-23-2005, 04:49 AM
If it has a lot of dust & crap just go get it dusted. I had to do that once for my Playstation 2 a while back, it was getting the disk tray stuck.

Huckleberry
05-23-2005, 03:16 PM
it sounds like it's pretty much crapped out. my launch box bit the dust last fall. i've read lots of stuff about how to get them working again, but even with a replacement dvd tray i couldn't bring mine back to life.

i'd look for a used one on ebay or craigslist or something like that. there are going to be a lot more people selling them now just to get money for the 360 launch.