PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to be able to run MS programs on the Xbox 360???

ShaDovV RyDer
05-11-2005, 04:35 PM
I was wondering, with all the talk about the 360 having extra features like media and stuff if you are going to be able to run programs like word and stuff on it. I mean the way I look at it is that yes you can because the keyboard could hook up in that little socket on some of the 360 'pics'. What do you guys think...I mean most likely we will find out on Thursday but still.

StudioAlex
05-11-2005, 07:10 PM
What exactly would you do with word on your Xbox?

vman
05-11-2005, 08:20 PM
maybe keep records of cheat codes, and maybe even a gamelog journal...

Variation-XBA
05-12-2005, 01:43 AM
I doubt it. It'll stream stuff from your PC, but it's a console, not a PC.

Great One
05-12-2005, 04:06 AM
yeah but the xbo is able run all sorts of stuff in linux
so ms should be able to do it.

ShaDovV RyDer
05-12-2005, 06:09 AM

Well take this into consideration...I'm a 14 year old with one computer in the house and I have to share it with my mom, my dad, and my 12 year old sister whom is on it pretty much all day when she isn't at school so I don't really get a lot of time on the computer and having programs on the 360 would give me a better chance to get projects done quicker than having to wait until my sister finally gets off and plus me and my buddies have figured out a lot of kool things we can do with certain programs that I would like to mess around with but can't always do so since I have three other people in my house that also want to be on the computer. So for me having MS programs on the 360 woulld be a dream come true. Plus maybe they could add some kind of internet web site access like I.E. so I can keep up to date with football and video games. MSN messenger would be kool too. :)

AlphaRaptor
05-12-2005, 08:31 AM
It's rumered that you might be able to surf the web and maybe do e-mail on the 360, but I don't think MS will go further than that.

CharlieHustle
05-12-2005, 09:34 AM
i remember when the dc had that. It wasnt nothin to write home about. If you have high speed, then you should have a cpu. I dont see it being convenient having to type an address using a controller. Even if ms have those features, i prolly still wouldnt touch it. My cpu is better for that.

AlphaRaptor
05-12-2005, 09:42 AM
Its also rumered that a key board and mouse will be released on the 360. Heck since it has 3 USB ports maybe you could just use a normal key board and mouse?

Shadow20002
05-12-2005, 10:55 AM
With the Xbox, i can do all of those stuffs already.