PDA

View Full Version : I figured out RAW, and now it's fun!

Dave
02-14-2002, 11:46 PM
This engine is very tough to get used to, and I hated this game with a passion until I figured it out, but now I have gotten pretty good at the game, and it's not so bad now that i actually know how to play the game. I was losing about 90% of my matches until 1 of my kids showed me how to use my meters properly, and now I am on like a 13 match win streak, and I am enjoying this game. This game really seemed impossible for me, and I really thought it was the stupidest game I ever played in my life, but now that I have it figured out, I have been playing it for hours and enjoying it. I am even hitting finishing moves once in a while now.

These meters mean everything, and myself I have been used to every other wrestling games button masher style, but that will make you lose in this game for sure. Once my kids taught me to take a chill pill on the buttons, and showed me how to use my stamina bar, my taunts, my voltage bar properly, and showed me when I could nail a guy with a finisher, I started enjoying the hell out of this game. I have changed my opinion of this game entirely now, and reccomend it to someone who wants a more challenging wrestling game. Once I got everything figured out it is playing like a completely new game. The used to be seeming retarded gameplay that made no sense at all to me, all makes sense now. Good thing I had kids or this game I am now really enjoying would have been in pieces on my front lawn soon.

Rancey
02-14-2002, 11:54 PM
The first (and probably last) time I have seen this quote "Good thing I had kids" ;)

berries69
02-15-2002, 12:21 AM
I hear ya Dave at first i didnt think the game was all that great.It just had great graphics.I lost every match that i played.I went into the game thinking i could play it like the smackdown games or WM2k but thats not true its something totally new and once i got the hang of it and started winning matches i fell in love with it.I won't even notice it but i 'll end up playing it for hours.Man time sure does fly when your having fun.I just won the Light Heavyweight Belt with one of my CAW's.This game just plain and simple ROCKS!

Dave
02-15-2002, 12:33 AM
Berries I had the exact same problem. I was like I am beating this mo fo down, why in the hell am I losing all the time? Hit him 100 times then he small packages me for a 1..2...3? Pretty wierd how this game can look completely stupid and make no sense at all, and seem to completely suck, but once you figure out what all the mumbo jumbo means, the game all of the sudden is completely different to play, and all of the sudden it all makes sense. I too have noticed time goes very fast when I play this game. I'll think I played for a couple hours, but really I played like 4 and a half. Wish work time went that fast.

Xboxfan123
02-15-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Dave
This engine is very tough to get used to, and I hated this game with a passion until I figured it out, but now I have gotten pretty good at the game, and it's not so bad now that i actually know how to play the game. I was losing about 90% of my matches until 1 of my kids showed me how to use my meters properly, and now I am on like a 13 match win streak, and I am enjoying this game. This game really seemed impossible for me, and I really thought it was the stupidest game I ever played in my life, but now that I have it figured out, I have been playing it for hours and enjoying it. I am even hitting finishing moves once in a while now.

These meters mean everything, and myself I have been used to every other wrestling games button masher style, but that will make you lose in this game for sure. Once my kids taught me to take a chill pill on the buttons, and showed me how to use my stamina bar, my taunts, my voltage bar properly, and showed me when I could nail a guy with a finisher, I started enjoying the hell out of this game. I have changed my opinion of this game entirely now, and reccomend it to someone who wants a more challenging wrestling game. Once I got everything figured out it is playing like a completely new game. The used to be seeming retarded gameplay that made no sense at all to me, all makes sense now. Good thing I had kids or this game I am now really enjoying would have been in pieces on my front lawn soon.

I'm glad you like the game now and it's classy that you came back here with this post. I don't have kids yet so I've lost every match but I love the game and can't wait to win.

Spaztic
02-15-2002, 09:51 AM
See I told you once you get the hang of it you won't be able to put the game down! Put anyone though a table yet?

Dave
02-15-2002, 12:43 PM
I have not put anyone through one of the tables that lay out side of the ring yet, but I have accidentally put a couple people through the abandoned announcers table. I just got used to how this game actually works, so I still have some learning to do.

I am getting better at making the matches a little shorter as well now. I run around the outside of the ring first to find all the hidden junk for my create a player mode, then i open a can of whoop asswhen I am finished with that. Most my matches are running between 4-6 minutes now, before when I did not know what in the hell I was doing, my matches were last like 20 minutes, then I would lose. 20 minutes of buttom mashing with Microsofts controller, whitch seems to be bigger than the Gamecube, was making my hands soar as hell, so I am glad I got this game figured out.

Snoopy7548
02-15-2002, 03:41 PM
is there any way to change the camera angle? its pretty awkward. you can hardly see your wrestlers head