PDA

View Full Version : wow RAW is great

DIGITAL
02-15-2002, 12:59 AM
ive been playing this game nostop,its so good the controls come easy,an the brawls are great.best caw i ever seen,they even got a dbz looking haircut,i dont know why anyone wouldnt like this game ,plus i heard theres codes to unlock all of ecw an wcw plus somebody said theres a code for blood,ill wait an see on the codes ,but this is the best fighiting game out on the xbox.

TRUE_GAMER
02-15-2002, 01:14 AM
so digital is it worth the $50 bucks.

jack talent
02-15-2002, 01:27 AM
Exactly, its a fighting game.... not a wrestling game. Anchor should have stayed with UFC games, thats what there best at. In there first attempt it doesn't look liked they've grasped the concept of a wrestling engine. AKI had the perfect wrestling game engine. I wish RAW's engine was more like no mercy's and wrestlemania2k.

Xboxfan123
02-15-2002, 01:53 AM
I have played Raw for 3 hours tonight. It's 2am and I'm going to play one more match. This game is AWESOME. I was reading some posts in the Fighting Discussion and It's beyond me how anyone can say this game is bad. This is one of the top Xbox games out. I live in Canada and this game cost (with taxes) $87 and it was money well spent. If you doubt it rent it and you won't want to take it back. Easily 9\10. :D :D :D

CyberBOMB
02-15-2002, 05:00 AM
xbox.ign.com gave it a 9.1
i own it and agree its good. i like wearing my opponents clothing (glasses, bandanna, etc)

yeah its worth $50. Obi-Wan on the other hand is a $25 type game. Yuck

XBOXgamer13
02-15-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by CyberBOMB
xbox.ign.com gave it a 9.1
i own it and agree its good. i like wearing my opponents clothing (glasses, bandanna, etc)

yeah its worth $50. Obi-Wan on the other hand is a $25 type game. Yuck

but Gamespot gave RAW 6.5, d@mn:mad:

Spaztic
02-15-2002, 09:36 AM
Gamespot sucks! I think this game is definatly worth the $50....once you get the finishers down, the ass wooping will begin!

XBOXgamer13
02-15-2002, 09:38 AM
Gamespot seems to be a PS2 fanboys now. They gave low grade to xbox games and higher games to ps2 games. Don't believe me? Check their review games

FpS_PhReeK
02-15-2002, 10:55 AM
IMO-

Read the reviews in the Xboxaddict review section..... anytime a game gets super high scores and super low scores that means that the game is over hyped.... this game is mediocere, I think that UFC Tapout will be a much better investment of $50. I bought RAW is WAR and returned it to EB....

PhReeK out!

l Maximus l
02-15-2002, 11:06 AM
I plan on renting it before I consider buying it. One thing is for sure, the graphics look bad ass! Normally, I don't buy wrestling games, but, RAW looks so sweet! So, because I haven't bought any wrestling game before, I don't have as high as expectations as some of you hardcore wrestling game fans...

Besides, renting is a good way to really review a game for yourself. Personally, I can care less what other people rate games as...I haven't built up my trust with Gamespot or even know the guy who made the review. Everyone's opinion differs.

EHWfedPres
02-15-2002, 11:22 AM
RAW is a good game, but I believe that No Mercy is alot better. I dont like how the CPU always reverses the grapples, and in No Mercy, you could crouch and attack people while you were getting up...on RAW, your getting up and you get punched :(

l Maximus l
02-15-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
RAW is a good game, but I believe that No Mercy is alot better. I dont like how the CPU always reverses the grapples, and in No Mercy, you could crouch and attack people while you were getting up...on RAW, your getting up and you get punched :(

Dude, that's not all that bad! Especially if you are the guy punching the dude that his getting up :D That's usually the situation for me anyway ;)

JJaX
02-15-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
ive been playing this game nostop,its so good the controls come easy,an the brawls are great.best caw i ever seen,they even got a dbz looking haircut,i dont know why anyone wouldnt like this game ,plus i heard theres codes to unlock all of ecw an wcw plus somebody said theres a code for blood,ill wait an see on the codes ,but this is the best fighiting game out on the xbox.

I know this one trick!!! Here how to do it.

When your losing your match throw down your control and break dance like booker T and look at your hand, Then when your friend look at you like your an a55hole, Kick him/her in the face as hard as you can!!!!!!! Works everytime!

DIGITAL
02-15-2002, 12:27 PM
i never liked wrestling games ,but this one is special,an Maximus i think you will lkie this game,its basically a kick ass game,an i heard people r unlocking blood,i havent seen a blood code yet myself but this game has so many secrets im almost sure theres blood!!!i think the game is better then i thought it would be

l Maximus l
02-15-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
i never liked wrestling games ,but this one is special,an Maximus i think you will lkie this game,its basically a kick ass game,an i heard people r unlocking blood,i havent seen a blood code yet myself but this game has so many secrets im almost sure theres blood!!!i think the game is better then i thought it would be

Dude! That's cool, Digital :D I'll definately check it out...I would like to rent it and have a couple buddies over and have a few frosty beverages :D

rawiswar
02-15-2002, 12:39 PM
I am SO happy that this game has a high difficulty factor! I just got it and I put on EASY and I am BARELY winning, even though I have played No Mercy and Wrestlemania countless times!

When I first got Smackdown 3, I turned it on to Easy, and won convincingly. I put it on Medium, and won convincingly. I put it on hard, and won CONVINCINGLY! WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP! NO SKILL INVOLVED.

Raw has actually made it so you have to VERY GOOD to win a title. WHAT A CONCEPT!:rolleyes:

Spaztic
02-15-2002, 12:53 PM
Jaxx I did the spinaroni and kicked my friend in the head, he just punched me back. That didn't work now what?:D

DIGITAL
02-15-2002, 02:52 PM
yeah me an my friends slammed a few beers back last night a played raw for hours i was beating undertaker over the head with a tv whil my other friends were smashing each other over there heads with chairs,the weapons in this game are great,it s like playing at the acardes,speaking of which this game gives me a reason to buy that big acrade syle joystick,!!raw is a must if you own an xbox ,rent or buy still a great game.

JJaX
02-15-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls
Jaxx I did the spinaroni and kicked my friend in the head, he just punched me back. That didn't work now what?:D

Hmmm, If you live in a two story house, Piledrive him from the roof. That should paralize or kill him.

Spaztic
02-15-2002, 03:37 PM
Cool Thanks Jaxx that worked!

Snoopy7548
02-15-2002, 03:38 PM
i just got this game, its pretty cool, i only have 1 problem. the camera angle sucks so much. i can hardly see my guy. is there any way to change it?

Spaztic
02-15-2002, 03:38 PM
....he's not moving much besides for a slight twitch! cool! I kicked his ass!

Spaztic
02-15-2002, 03:40 PM
i just got this game, its pretty cool, i only have 1 problem. the camera angle sucks so much. i can hardly see my guy. is there any way to change it?

Not that I know of....I think the camera angle in the bottom left apron is so messed up. when it is overhead you can't even see your guy!

Xboxfan123
02-15-2002, 06:33 PM
I"ve been toying arond with the CAW. I just created myself with a mowhawk, and cuts all over my chest and back. This is a really cool game. I'm glad I didn't read the negative comments about this game. From what I can see most people are happy with the game.

JADE8704
02-15-2002, 06:53 PM
does anybody know how to put people through tables? i can't seem to get on top of them...also, are there any ladders in this game? and if so, where? i love this game and im glad i bought it...this game will surely keep me occupied until the coming of RAW 2...after that, say goodbye to smackdown :)

also i have one more question....i won the WWF World Heavyweight Championship belt with the Rock....now, i want to have him carry it when he goes down to the ring...anyone make this possible yet???

El Pollo Loco
02-15-2002, 07:35 PM
It's hard but i think it's a great game. Problem is people don't give it the chance before they scream that the game sucks....

alien_69
02-15-2002, 09:14 PM
was about to pass up on this one because of the bad reviews but i received it for valentines from my gf. it's a really good game after all. i like it (especially when all these other wrestlers run out from the back room and kick the crap out of you or your opponent hahahaha! at the end of my 1 on 1 match there were 6 wrestlers smashing the hell out of each other everywhere - quite hillarious.

too bad they used a paper crowd though. at least the bottom row people should have been low poly models or something.

also what's up with no user soundtrack? it doesn't require high level math to program streaming music of the HD does it?. oh well. it probably required too much thinking for them tho.

no commentators either. it would have been nice to have someone calling out the blows. heck - put them in the two empty chairs at that that table that's there so the westlers can beat up on them too!!!!

an awsome game anyhow. my gf and i think this game is frikin hillarious.
:D

alien_69
02-15-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by JADE8704

also i have one more question....i won the WWF World Heavyweight Championship belt with the Rock....now, i want to have him carry it when he goes down to the ring...anyone make this possible yet???

doood! it took me a 24 minute match to take out the first guy with Rock on Normal mode! how the h3ll did you beat all those wrestlers! how long did the belt take you? what difficulty? everyone rooted for my second opponent and i lost 3 times to him.

i also noticed if you get thrown off a pin the crowd starts rooting for the other guy so i usually beat the crap out of him real good and make sure his pin box is blinking before i go for a pin.

techoholic1
02-16-2002, 01:34 AM
Suggestion: don't give up the game..keep working at it. If you get frustrated the first day because it's hard..just keep practicing...you'll get better and better. The people that trade it in aren't very 'patient gamers'...

Xboxfan123
02-16-2002, 08:41 AM
We have had our share of rotten games (Just like any other console). Games like Shrek, Fuzion Frenzy, Kabuki Warriors etc.

Now a really good game comes along and people diss it. Yes they took a lot of things out but they left enough features in to still be an excellent game. IMO Companies do this for several reasons. One reason is to beat the competition on the release date. Another reason is if this game had all the features they promised who would buy WWF Raw II.
If your reading this you have a computer. How many times does a company make a computer game and leave promised features out? I play mostly sports games and EA sPORTS advertises features right on the box that aren't in the game. This is nothing new.

If you want real wrestling go to a match or watch it on TV. Right now this game is the next best thing.:D

Snoopy7548
02-16-2002, 10:00 AM
i made the best caw, his name is puppet master and his nickname is the sissy. he is 8'11 and 100 pounds, i made him the skinniest guy possible, and he has two puppets for hands, its so funny

alien_69
02-17-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by prominant
hahaha normal mode is NOTHING compared to hard mode when your playin title mode.....the first two titles i got (womens and light heavy weight) i had it on normal.....and those were hard as ****......in the lightweight i lost to tajiri 3 times in a row lol....and that was jus on NORMAL....i finally beat him....with the help of weapons of course..then i decided to put it on hard mode and go for the hardcore title with raven.....its 5 times harder than normal mode.....theres about 6 or 7 guys to beat......and i can only get to the THIRD......thats if im lucky lol..even WIT ****in weapons i still lose.....the comp reverses EVERYthing so u gotta come wit a strategy if your gonna win......so try it on hard mode THEN complain....until then normal aint nuthin

also......to put someone thru a table u have to do a move that will be sure to put them thru it......when u do...make sure u slam them thru the middle......then it will break.

Those long pauses must annoy people when you talk to them.

Snoopy7548
02-17-2002, 03:27 PM
haha