PDA

View Full Version : gamespot crew not impressed with the xbox 360

Nervusbreakdown
05-13-2005, 08:08 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6124293/p-7.html

I have no idea what they are talking about because I thought it was pretty damn good from what I saw.

I think sony have brain washed most people with this blue ray and the cell chip.

Like I said before your not going to see the chip nor feel it, and goes with the blue-ray.

because the games will be the same no matter what.

MixMasta
05-13-2005, 09:43 PM
Gamespot hates the Xbox. It will never change. In the Xbox world, we don't even acknowledge gamespot as a credible site anymore.

SilverOak
05-13-2005, 09:50 PM
Gamespot must have Haterade in their water cooler in the office. Not one editor mentioned the possibility that games being released will be announced AFTER the hardware is announced!

Douchesforfun
05-13-2005, 10:16 PM
I can't wait, its so sexy, and has many great features but I am tired and dont feel like go ing into a huge spiel about it so I think I wont at the moment.

StudioAlex
05-14-2005, 12:53 AM
Like I care what three huge nerds have to say...

But it doesn't read like they have anything against the system. Looks like they were just kinda bizitching about things that plague the whole industry.

Variation-XBA
05-14-2005, 02:04 AM
And another generation I will nto go to gamespot to read about.

SamSmith
05-14-2005, 03:38 AM
Gamespot hates the Xbox. It will never change. In the Xbox world, we don't even acknowledge gamespot as a credible site anymore.

yep, exactly... gamespot are a bunch of biost ps2 fanboys.
IGN is the place to go if you want honest good, and unbiost reviews.

gamespot just P*ss me off

RockTheCasba
05-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Gamespot has always hated anything microsoft they are bastards

Anthony4sho
05-15-2005, 09:18 AM
I feel the same way about the 360. I haven't seen anything that has impressed me yet, as far as games go.

-Natas-
05-15-2005, 01:59 PM
I don't care what any website or mag says about a system or game as it is just their opinion. The only opinion that matters is mine as I'm the one buying and playing the games/consoles. I was not real impressed with the Xbox 360 myself and the specs they are leaking on the net now for the PS3 does not impress me either. I'm not a huge online fan and both the Xbox 360 and PS3 will have huge online play support. If I get any of the new consoles I'll get Nintendo's new toy as they are not a big fan of online play like myself. In Japan online play is not as big as it is here in the states. Online play is actually fun but all the rude morons and cheater/glitchers that are online make it bad. Plus the fees are just going to keep growing for online play and DLC. Just the console and games cost a fortune, then you have to have broadband, then on top of all that they add online fees which will be higher for the next gens.

SamSmith
05-15-2005, 04:24 PM
Plus the fees are just going to keep growing for online play then on top of all that they add online fees which will be higher for the next gens.

ahaahh... ;) but the xbox 360 will have two different versions of online play, the SIlver xbox live pack (free) and the better Gold online pack (pay)

super_ryu
05-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Gamespot's filled with homosexuals, who cares...

mattgame
05-15-2005, 08:02 PM
I don't think they beat it up as they seemed to voice concerns about it. I think the concerns are somewhat fair but if they are as well informed as they pretend to be then some of their fears should have been put to rest already.

Anthony4sho
05-15-2005, 09:51 PM
Did anyone actually read the article? They bring up very valid points.

X-Fan
05-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Although some of the points they make are thought provoking. I dont think MS will let those things be an issue. they WILL figure it out. gamespot has been a biased source and they have always been critical of the xbox.

Liquid Gears
05-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Gamespot hates the Xbox. It will never change.

No, its more like people hate the xbox because it will never change. Xbox is way to predicable.

Them and their repeatedly first person shooter releasals. Pshh.. :rolleyes:

vman
05-16-2005, 09:31 PM
well, if you actually read the article, they are more concerned with the games that will be available at launch. Not too much concerned with the actual console itself. and yes, they do bring up valid points. Good hardware aint **** unless the developers take advantage of what they have and deliver some kick ass games.

MXracer721
05-16-2005, 09:53 PM
this from the second guy in that article.....
"What games can we expect to see on the Xbox 360? So far it seems likely that we'll see Madden and another Perfect Dark game. So, let me get this straight. For your all-new mind-busting game console, you have...a football game and a sci-fi-themed first-person shooter. You don't say. Will someone please make a World War II-themed first-person shooter, too? And 20 different racing games that randomly fall into either the "sim" or "arcade" categories? OK, not to needlessly sound pessimistic, but my real point is that this is a new console, and I'd like to see something totally world-shattering. Something that actually ushers in a new era in gaming. Will the Xbox 360 be up to the task?"

-----------OK WTF does ps3 have to offer thats new and world shattering?? Gran turismo? MADDEN? Devil May cry 4? Final Fantasy...what like 12 or 13 now? yea thast new and world shattering. OH i forgot a new GTA...yea thast never been done before, i forgot. the complaints that they have are about the game industry not just the xbox 360....cant wait to see what they say about ps3.

JediMasterChief
05-17-2005, 04:28 PM

HOLD ON A SEC! Gamespot homosexuals hate MS...but isn't Bill Gates the one who's donating all that money to cure AIDS or something?!

Anyway, GS is really pro-PS2 and pro-Sony. As said, IGN is the better source. GameSpy is ok too. But GS is going to be alone. Even EA seems to be "converting" to Xboxism.

DOOM
05-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Its Amazing How they can sat the PS3's Pre Rendered Videos are better than the XBOX's In game footage...
Retards

DemonLoki
05-18-2005, 06:55 AM
Its Amazing How they can sat the PS3's Pre Rendered Videos are better than the XBOX's In game footage...
Retards
Yeah no doubt- I was kinda impressed by the specs on cell chip sorry :D

DOOM
05-18-2005, 07:01 AM
Yeah no doubt- I was kinda impressed by the specs on cell chip sorry :D
It would be nice if they showed actual gameplay instead of pre rendered vids though... they did the same HYPE at the launch of PS2... Which was very disapointing IMO... Remember they kept showing vids o pre rendered dynasty wariors before launch...
Turns out the in game looked like crapola...
I dont expect any different this time around...
The Sony Hype machiene returns...

StudioAlex
05-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I remember Sony claiming the PS2 could run the movies from FF8 in real time. They never came close.

Koopa
05-18-2005, 10:29 AM
both ps3 and xbox360....and probably nintendo revolution...are going to launch with a lot of games with numbers after their titles. there's too much at stake, especially during a console launch, to try out that quirky new monkey jungle dating simulation that some brand new start-up company promises will revolutionize the industry. i expect and welcome sequels, and will wait awhile for new IP. dark sector looks intriguing (Splinter Cell in space, kind of), as does Just Cause (kind of like GTA: Operation Mongoose or GTA: Bay of Pigs or GTA: Contras vs Sandinistas). and besides, Gears of War is new IP and looks to be not just another shooter.

the problem i had with MS, especially with the MTV special and somewhat with their conference, is that they seemed phony. i don't expect a multibillion dollar corporation to wear the clothes i wear, talk the slang i talk, or listen to the music i listen to. i had this very PHONY feeling about their conference...like they were trying to be slick and cool. the MTV thing was pathetic in that regard....it was obvious they were aiming to the casual MTV-watching drones, not the loyal ourcolony followers, who they had led to believe that there would be something amazing on the TV.

the other problem is that its very hard to tell what is CG, what is rendered on the console, and what is in-game. as we can see with the Killzone 2 vid, even stuff that LOOKS like its ingame may not be ingame...they designed it in first-person to mimic gameplay, but it wasn't. even the stuff on x360 could have been fake. look at the GR3 video....either his teammates killed everyone or his gun magically hit his enemies, because it seemed to be bouncing around too much to hit anything. and then they were walking when the building blew up. When in a game have you ever walked before (unless you're being stealthy, which they obviously were not).

so basically, until i see hands-on previes and in-game videos uncontrolled by the folks at ms and sony (and nintendo later on), i'm going to try not to make a judgment.

Spaztic
05-18-2005, 10:57 AM
both ps3 and xbox360....and probably nintendo revolution...are going to launch with a lot of games with numbers after their titles. there's too much at stake, especially during a console launch, to try out that quirky new monkey jungle dating simulation that some brand new start-up company promises will revolutionize the industry. i expect and welcome sequels, and will wait awhile for new IP. dark sector looks intriguing (Splinter Cell in space, kind of), as does Just Cause (kind of like GTA: Operation Mongoose or GTA: Bay of Pigs or GTA: Contras vs Sandinistas). and besides, Gears of War is new IP and looks to be not just another shooter.

the problem i had with MS, especially with the MTV special and somewhat with their conference, is that they seemed phony. i don't expect a multibillion dollar corporation to wear the clothes i wear, talk the slang i talk, or listen to the music i listen to. i had this very PHONY feeling about their conference...like they were trying to be slick and cool. the MTV thing was pathetic in that regard....it was obvious they were aiming to the casual MTV-watching drones, not the loyal ourcolony followers, who they had led to believe that there would be something amazing on the TV.

the other problem is that its very hard to tell what is CG, what is rendered on the console, and what is in-game. as we can see with the Killzone 2 vid, even stuff that LOOKS like its ingame may not be ingame...they designed it in first-person to mimic gameplay, but it wasn't. even the stuff on x360 could have been fake. look at the GR3 video....either his teammates killed everyone or his gun magically hit his enemies, because it seemed to be bouncing around too much to hit anything. and then they were walking when the building blew up. When in a game have you ever walked before (unless you're being stealthy, which they obviously were not).

so basically, until i see hands-on previes and in-game videos uncontrolled by the folks at ms and sony (and nintendo later on), i'm going to try not to make a judgment.

I disagree. The MTV special was a great ground breaker. While I would not be the general demographic of MTV's target audience, I tuned in that night. All things considered it was very innovative! Thumbs up to Microsoft. It is comments like this that cast a nerdistic sterotype over gaming in general.

Koopa
05-18-2005, 05:38 PM
I disagree. The MTV special was a great ground breaker. While I would not be the general demographic of MTV's target audience, I tuned in that night. All things considered it was very innovative! Thumbs up to Microsoft. It is comments like this that cast a nerdistic sterotype over gaming in general.

i understand what you're saying. the show was effective in what it tried to do...the thing that bugs me, however, is that they seem to be targeting the mainstream and acting hip and whatnot, while ignoring the core fanbase. the hardcore gamers are really important--look at nintendo. they survive almost solely on those committed to their first party titles. thats the power of preaching to your choir, instead of trying to pimp out your system to the mainstream.

MixMasta
05-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Koopa!!!! Congrats on becoming a mod!

X-Fan
05-18-2005, 05:41 PM
yes indeed bro. you deserve it man! now get on live and lets play some halo 2.

Uchiha Sasuke
05-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Haha you guys act like gamespot were the only ones not impressed. Hell I watched the e3 live on g4 tv. And the people hosting that were also disappointed with the 360. Hell we had Sesslar, that young guy from arena, Morgan Webb, and an IGN editor. Each of them actually showed intelligence and brought up some very good points. The biggest one they mentioned is that xbox's who show seemed to be aimed at a more casual audience, espically with Live's whole Marketplace setup. Plus none of the titles looked to be stellar for launch. I mean they looked good and all but then again it looks like the same thing we have this gen, just a tad bit prettier. I dunno just watching g4's broadcast made me think about the console a bit.

Anthony4sho
05-18-2005, 09:19 PM
Exactly. None of those games, at this point, look like console sellers.

rolling stone
05-18-2005, 09:33 PM

haha, that was awesome!

yes, i agree that they make some valid points. the name of the article, after all, is 'gut reactions' and everyone has their own reactions about everything. my gut reaction is that it is a little early to make a judgement. xbox 360 hasn't knocked my socks off yet, either, but two weeks ago we didn't really know anything about the console. are they expecting a huge announcement of a crapload of games? i like what one of the dorks says here:

'So far it seems likely that we'll see Madden and another Perfect Dark game. So, let me get this straight. For your all-new mind-busting game console, you have...a football game and a sci-fi-themed first-person shooter. You don't say.'

aren't most console launches like that? one or two pretty cool games, at least one being a shooter, and a sports game of some kind? i really don't see the need to piss my pants about that, but hey, i also don't work for gamespot.

to me it seams that overall they're very pessimistic... which only further perpetuates their repuatation as xbox haters and makes them less credible in a lot of people's eyes.

also- i don't see a 'gut reactions' for ps3...hmmmm

mattgame
05-18-2005, 09:48 PM
Well, well, why no gut reactions for PS3? I think they have what they need for launch and that's quantity, variety, and quality. They have all of the major developers working with them. What else do they need? QuakeIV? Oh yeah.....................

rolling stone
05-18-2005, 10:10 PM

i understand what you're saying...i, too, felt that they were trying way too hard to fit in with the MTV crowd and was disappointed with the 'unveiling'. but there are a lot of people that buy a console because it is popular and their friends have it...people that don't go onto forums like us and compare specs and what-not. i think microsoft did a good job creating a buzz, or atleast an awareness of xbox 360 to people that otherwise wouldn't think to, or care to, find out.

uhg...a good example of this was when i first bought xbox. this was when everyone was obsessed with gta and ps2 was the cool thing because that's what everyone had at the time. nobody i knew cared about xbox, they judged the console based on that crappy cel damage demo set up at target. a few friends kept saying stuff like "sorry, joe, i would have got the ps2," and i was like why? i love halo, have you ever played it? i think gta gets boring after awhile, anyway. and they would just say, "whatever" and that would be that. my friend pete would always ask "well, does xbox have nhl 01?" i'd reply, "no...xbox wasn't out yet" and he would laugh. man, that used to piss me off...just let me enjoy my f-ing purchase, *******s!

anyway, i talked to the same people a year later and they were excited because they got a free xbox by saving up points from their mountain dew caps.

my point is that while we may think that mtv and mountain dew (EXTREME!!!)promotions seem retarded to us, it's a great way for xbox to reach a majority of it's consumers. a lot of people, as sad as it is, don't do any research and just buy one because they saw something on tv or their friends think one is cooler than the other. the mtv special was a great business move. are they selling out? i dunno, i would like to think that they aren't forgetting about the hardcore gamer fanbase and just trying to broaden its audience. guess we'll have to see.

skorp
05-18-2005, 10:45 PM
So what if they are trying to reach the casual gamer or whatever?... :confused:

Just as long as they give me and the rest of us "core gamers" [whatever that supposed to mean] our fix... I'm set!

I'm going to assume some of you guys didn't already read the interview with Ballmer that X-Fan posted up.

MXracer721
05-19-2005, 02:16 AM
seems odd that people are questioning microsofts strategies to appeal to the casual gamers. ps2 had the casual gamers, i mean everyone and their brother has one (not me tho) and lets see....they get all the games first, and they get all the games developed for thier system and then it gets ported for us who have xbox. so microsoft did their research and now they know who they need to appeal to more. ourcolony was for the hardcore gamers and the MTV thing was for teh casual ones. if MS gets both areas covered the developers will follow (as it seems they are...look at EA) and make the xbox thrive. i like how people question microsoft's marketing. this is microsoft, the company that is extremely well known as a monopoly. they want control over everything they do. as for the questions about the video footage and such, x360 is still in alpha stage, and the beta kits are getting sent out in like 2 weeks. still things are gonna get way better. same with ps3. and as for the ps3 vs xbox thing, for me i ask myself what is ps3 gonna offer that either 360, xbox 1 or ps2 DONT have? my point is i dont have the urge to get a ps2 now. i like the xbox controller way better than the ps2 one (seriously i do, i hate the ps2 d-pad) and i just dont have an urge to get a ps3 right now. on the other hand xbox 360 has me wanting one now. and a 6month gap i dont think will make that much of a difference between the two when it comes to graphics.

hebgbz
05-22-2005, 06:54 AM
I agree with all who say it is about good games and not hardware. Which platform it is means less than nothing. Fun games is ALL that matters. Make those and I will buy whatever system it takes to play them.

Hell, make more fun games for the consoles we have and I could care less to ever get the new ones.

It is about games! What are we, electronics-whores or game players?

OC Noob
05-29-2005, 11:38 AM
I feel the same way about the 360. I haven't seen anything that has impressed me yet, as far as games go.

I've seen a lot of this from people who were fooled into thinking the Sony pre-rendered movies were actual game footage. Sure its not impressive compared to movie clips. Hell, why not just compare in game videos to Finding Nemo and then say, "well, I wasn't too impressed by the 360."

Please, the people who aren't impressed are either fooled into thinking PS3 games will look like the movies they showed at E3, people who have never seen how BAD console game look compared to PC games (and truely don't know) or people who don't want to give the 360 any credit. I won't make claims as to which you are, because I don't know.

This is directed at the gamespot idiot and in no way at A4sho:

The Gamespot idiot should know better than to say the line up is only 1 sci-fi game and WWiI shooters/racing games.

What a freaking idiot. Did dude even check ou the E3 vids with Elder Scrolls, the Mistwalker stuff, Condemned (that is NOT a FPSer), Kameo (looks freakin awsome), Dead Rising (horror survival), Frame City Killer (free roaming 3rd person a la GTA), square support (unanounced other than FF XI), American Wasteland, DOA 4, Lost Odyssey and I did that in 1 minute of research, yet the gamespot idiot can't figure it out???

Give me a break, this bias crap about the Xbox and its titles is fabricated and needs to stop. Even getting lower scores than they should at Gamespot, the Xbox has within 1-2 9.0 plus titles in the last year as the PS2 does. Therefore, people need to let go of the whole Xbox has a crap library and genre support because with over 500 games, most of which are NOT FPSers, its a damn fine library.

The next person making claims about games and the library like this gamespot idiot better back up claims with links. This is getting old and tired, so come with proof or don't come at all!

Kyle Static
05-29-2005, 03:19 PM
HOLD ON A SEC! Gamespot homosexuals hate MS...but isn't Bill Gates the one who's donating all that money to cure AIDS or something?!

....I hate you you tool....anyways

most of the points they bring up are fairly relevant, people are right. I'm quite surprised that Kasavin didn't rip it to shreds actually, but I agree with most of the statements, but Mr. Gerstmann just pulled that line out of his ass about us having run-of-the-mill games for the launch. Granted they are the same as previous, but why point this out specifically about Xbox 360....as aforementioned they're gonna have the classic Devil May Cry, GTA blah blah blah...lets see some revolutionary **** on their console as well?

OC Noob
06-01-2005, 01:11 AM
....I hate you you tool....anyways

most of the points they bring up are fairly relevant, people are right. I'm quite surprised that Kasavin didn't rip it to shreds actually, but I agree with most of the statements, but Mr. Gerstmann just pulled that line out of his ass about us having run-of-the-mill games for the launch. Granted they are the same as previous, but why point this out specifically about Xbox 360....as aforementioned they're gonna have the classic Devil May Cry, GTA blah blah blah...lets see some revolutionary **** on their console as well?

I agree and what is going to be revolutionary about these new systems won't just be something you can show in an alpha video clip.

These things are going to have great gfx for sure, but what will set them apart is the power to have much more realistic physics. They'll make HL2 physics look like a toy given time. Also, the interactive worlds devs can create with all that power will be the revolution. Look at how stripped Fable had to be to run on the Xbox, that won't be the case with the 360 and PS3.

We are going to be much closer to acurate virtual worlds. Like with Elderscrolls:O and what Fable tried to do, you will have NPCs that react in unique ways to your action, that go about daily activities like real people, have realistic facial animations for emotions and wach NPC will have a much more unique personality.

Say something to 10 different NPCs and get 10 different reactions due to their personalities and how they percieve you.

Thats what the next revolution in gaming is about, MUCH more realistic environments and characters. Devs have just scratched the surface of what you can do with game physics, NPC AI, branching story lines that your actions affect and bringing static video game worlds to life.

Just because it hasn't happened on alpha kits these jokers are claiming a system that not even out yet is a failure. I guess their girl friends aren't the only ones these dorks are a little premature with.