PDA

View Full Version : Quake IV Confirmed for Xbox 360

X-Fan
05-16-2005, 05:04 PM
IGN.com -
Today id Software officially announced that the shooter sequel, developed by Raven and built on the DOOM 3 engine, will indeed make its way to Microsoft's hot new console.

"QUAKE 4 utilizes the power of our groundbreaking DOOM 3 engine to transport players into a war-torn science-fiction universe graphically realized like never before," said id CEO Todd Hollenshead. "We're excited to bring the next generation experience to a new breed of console game fans."

In Quake 4 you play Matthew Kane, an elite member of the Rhino Squad. You'll fight alone, with your squad, in hover tanks, and in mechanized walkers -- all in an attempt to reach the center of Strogg forces.

720 Screenshot below:

http://img27.echo.cx/img27/8748/11162637318fx.jpg

mattgame
05-16-2005, 05:18 PM
It looked great on a trailer I saw.

X-Fan
05-16-2005, 05:18 PM
It looked great on a trailer I saw.
just imagine the doom3 engine. sweetness all around!

Nurb
05-16-2005, 05:38 PM
nice pic, but is it me, or does everything that uses the Doom3 engine end up looking like a mod for Doom 3? Quake IV and Prey look like expansion packs for it to me personally

StudioAlex
05-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Another thing, for all the power behind these graphics, why do the environments look so stale and utilitarian? I want see evidence of color, life, and detail.

MXracer721
05-16-2005, 10:05 PM
Another thing, for all the power behind these graphics, why do the environments look so stale and utilitarian? I want see evidence of color, life, and detail.
give it time, the game isnt even out yet. oh wait neither is the console :p
the pic looks great, cant wait till the second and third wave of games comes out when the developers start to really push the console.