PDA

View Full Version : Farewell All..I am going to the Darkside

Chr0nik
02-15-2002, 11:43 AM
This is a little farewell to all the members of this Forum. Today I have officially jumped over to the darkside. I am trading in My Xbox for a PS2 at a local Microplay store. Yes the door is open to flame my A S S away.

I am a person who needs instant gratification and the Xbox is just not providing it to me.

The constant wait for quality games to be released has pushed me off the Microsoft bandwagon.

This is the SOLE reason I am crossing over. I really have nothing negative to say about the XBOX besides the lack of games available (which is normal considering it is a new console)

However I feel the PS2 can fulfill the gap for the time being.

I am in no way a fanboy and I hope I will still be welcomed to chat on this site from time to time. :confused:

Cheers. ;)

Ninja Scroll
02-15-2002, 11:48 AM
Dont let da door hit you on da way out!
Im not gonna flame or bash you, hell- I didnt even know you ever posted here!:eek:

robnyack
02-15-2002, 11:52 AM
typical.

most people today if given the chance for either $5 right now, or $20 next week, will take the $5 today.

shererboat
02-15-2002, 11:55 AM
yeah, ummm........BUBYE.....

Nato King
02-15-2002, 11:57 AM
I don't know what to say to you Chronik. I thought you was a hardcore xbox lover. It would of been nice to play with you on halo online. But now all I can say to you is that you are really going to miss out.

Would you ever come back to the xbox.
I would like to know.

JJaX
02-15-2002, 11:58 AM
Oh my canadian friend....fair well.

l Maximus l
02-15-2002, 12:04 PM
Dude, Chronic! What's up??! I mean, I know that no one is perfect...but, PoS2?!?! :eek:

Tell me you are just kidding and want to give me a heart attack!!! If my memory holds me correct, you were one of the foremost PoS2 bashers on the planet! Dude, you are giving up your soul, man!

All I know is that I am going to miss out cleaning your clock playing Halo and Unreal Championship on-line with ya. Bummer...I guess that's one less body to kill...:confused:

I mean, this has seriously got to be a bad joke. I can't fathom anyone that owns an XBox to completely give it up and go to the Phony PoS2 instead. Wow...that would suck to be lost :confused:

EthanQT
02-15-2002, 12:06 PM
Sorry to see you go Chronik. You should have just keep the Xbox and get the PS2. Have fun!

JJaX
02-15-2002, 12:19 PM
Why not keep the xbox for the long run, And buy a PoS2 too?

FuNkY mOnK
02-15-2002, 12:36 PM
Chronik! I to was a ps2 owner and thought xbox would not stand a chance, but after seeing wreckless and the danger of tapping the power of xbox. Getting a ps2 means you’re going back in time, but that’s not all that bad, heck you’ll have great gas prices. For me I’m staying in the future.

Xboxfan123
02-15-2002, 12:44 PM
Well my fellow Canadian to each their own. I strongly believe that over the next six months the Xbox will do a lot of catching up with the number of good games available.

I look at it this way. The Xbox is 3 months old. Like a baby (Don't laugh I'm going somewhere with this) and you wouldn't trade in an infant because he\she can't, let's say, talk yet at 3 months old?
The Xbox will grow too and there will be many games, good games coming. I think we live in a "fast food" world where everyone want's everything now. Anyways enjoy your PS2 and maybe we will bump into each other shovelling in May.

l Maximus l
02-15-2002, 01:12 PM
XBoxfan says it great...the XBox is still very new. I don't know about you guys, but, 3 months is not a very long time...not at all. In fact, I've been playing in so much gaming bliss since Nov 15th, that the time seems to have just flown by!

One thing is for sure, the current XBox games that are out now are first generation XBox games. Many of these games started their production before all the specs were finalized on the XBox console. The majority of those games don't use half of the XBox's extraordinary capabilities. Expect even greater games coming out the future.

Keep in mind that Sony's PoS2 didn't have any great games, in my opinion, until an entire year had passed.

JJaX
02-15-2002, 01:22 PM
Game developers are just being overwhelmed(sp?) by the power and cant quite use it properly.........Yet. Many of the games we see now find one cool thing they can do with the hardware and milk it.

Hugh_Jass
02-15-2002, 01:28 PM
Anyone willing to lower their standards that far DESERVES to own a PS2. Enjoy the jaggies.

l Maximus l
02-15-2002, 01:34 PM
Well Chronik...I guess that you've seen the verdict...it was fun while it lasted...so, I can't really say much except:

:)

darianX
02-15-2002, 02:06 PM
He'll be back after the second and third wave of games hit the beloved box and he sees the sucky quality of the PS2 stuff...ob la di ob la da life goes on...........I mean really, TRADING the xbox in, instead of holding on to it and getting something else in the meantime?? Come on.....I bought a Dreamcast the other day for $40 off of Ebay, but I didn't buy it to REPLACE the Xbox...I wanted to play some of the games on it and for $40 you can't go wrong. You couldn't pry that black and green box from my hands even after death :cool:

l Maximus l
02-15-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by darianX
He'll be back after the second and third wave of games hit the beloved box and he sees the sucky quality of the PS2 stuff...ob la di ob la da life goes on...........I mean really, TRADING the xbox in, instead of holding on to it and getting something else in the meantime?? Come on.....I bought a Dreamcast the other day for $40 off of Ebay, but I didn't buy it to REPLACE the Xbox...I wanted to play some of the games on it and for $40 you can't go wrong. You couldn't pry that black and green box from my hands even after death :cool:

Now, this is a perfect display of an XBoxaddict buddy! Right on, DarianX! :D

FlyBoy
02-15-2002, 02:18 PM
In a few months he'll be drooling over XBox games and go back to the store. He'll get there and say, "I'd like to trade my PoS2 in for an XBOX please." At which time the clerk will say(while busting up laughing I presume), "I'll give you a good deal... you give me that hunk o' junk so i can start a little fire... PLUS 20 BUCKS... aaaaannd, I guess I'll let you have Kabuki Warriors!"

DON'T DO IT MAN!!! NOT EVEN DARTH VADER WOULD PLAY A PS2!!!

RudedogX
02-15-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by FlyBoy

DON'T DO IT MAN!!! NOT EVEN DARTH VADER WOULD PLAY A PS2!!!

nah...vader was a PS2!!! Bring on the star wars flamers:D

skoot182
02-15-2002, 03:17 PM
Seriously, now i ask, will everyone please join me........

Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, GOOODBYEEEEE.... :)

Spaztic
02-15-2002, 03:32 PM
I really think you will regret this!

Afro Aura
02-15-2002, 03:34 PM
He'll be back after he's stopped playing with that TOY

see ya soon Chronik

Ninja Scroll
02-15-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

see ya soon Chronik

yep, your right, he will be back, once he's done enjoying the few good titles they have avalible now, he will start to scratch his head knowing he was a d@mn fool for betraying da green machine!:D

Ninja Scroll
02-15-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by darianX

Like my dawg waximus said, perfect post darianX!:)
btw, im trying to get me another Dreamcast console (brand new) because mine apparently has problems. Did you get your new or used and do you know anyone whome has new DC on sale online?:confused:

Ninja Scroll
02-15-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by skoot182
Seriously, now i ask, will everyone please join me.......
Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, GOOODBYEEEEE.... :)

Well, skoot182 is my juvenile delinquent son (as you can see in his siggy :D ) so I mus support da little bad ass he is!:

na,na,na,na,na hey,hey,hey,hey!:)

YO skoot, where the hell is dat avator you are supposed to make for your father! Dont make me come whoop yo little narrow ass!:D

skoot182
02-15-2002, 04:40 PM
I thought i PM'd you? i couldnt get it to work :(

Ninja Scroll
02-15-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by skoot182
I thought i PM'd you? i couldnt get it to work :(

:( my own d@mn son gave up on his pops!
Life is soooo cruel.........:(

That is until skoots moms comes over to give me some of that secret sauce!:D It's all graaaaaaavy :cool: ion her big bowl!!:D

l Maximus l
02-15-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

see ya soon Chronik

hehe...the PoS2 is more like a single book stopper :D

Toder
02-15-2002, 05:22 PM
WoW!! I can't Believe anyone would trade their XBOX for a PS2. I've waited for years for the Xbox to be released. Passing over the PS2, unlike most of my friends. But hey what ever floats your boat chronik. good luck..

l Maximus l
02-15-2002, 05:25 PM
Chronik...you are a perfect example of the old saying "nobody's perfect" :D

AVXbox
02-15-2002, 06:02 PM
lol ok..its your mistake

X-Factor
02-15-2002, 07:24 PM
Chronick-- You are an impatient bastard! PS2 didn't even have any good games for about 7 months. :rolleyes:

You're telling me that Halo, Project Gotham, Max Payne, DOA3, NBA Inside Drive, Amped, Wreckless, Silent Hill 2, SSX Tricky, Genma Onimusha, and WWF Raw aren't enough to occupy you for now???

There are plenty of good games on the horizon.

*you'll be sorry*

thunderkiss2k1
02-15-2002, 07:33 PM
Chronic, you don't know me and that is a good thing. I have an intense hatred for anything Sony. Because of them, a great console which will go unnamed here is dead. Like I said, I don't know you personally, but I will go on record as saying that you have made possibly the worst choice in gaming history. My friend, the Ps2 is a soon to be forgotten console. Sony simply has ignored the requests of their customers and denied them the features which xbox owners take and will take for granted. Create a soundtrack, saving games to the harddrive (which comes standard on the box i might add but is an "extra" on ps2) , and online play are the things of the future and Sony has made their "console" WITHOUT these things in mind. But we all make our own choices and have our own personal tastes I guess, so enjoy the growing shorter every day lifespan of the Playstation 2. Peace.

XBOXgamer13
02-15-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by X-Factor
Chronick-- You are an impatient bastard! PS2 didn't even have any good games for about 7 months. :rolleyes:

You're telling me that Halo, Project Gotham, Max Payne, DOA3, NBA Inside Drive, Amped, Wreckless, Silent Hill 2, SSX Tricky, Genma Onimusha, and WWF Raw aren't enough to occupy you for now???

There are plenty of good games on the horizon.

*you'll be sorry*

I agree. XBOX got lots of great games right now? and you are calling XBOX lack of good games? think twice man! Maybe you are referring to Gmecube who got very,very,very few games?

anyways, goodluck for your new system and vey importantly.........

ENJOY:)

VAN
02-15-2002, 10:17 PM
Well, I can totally understand where Chronik is coming from, though I won't be swapping my Xbox for a PS2 anytime soon. Hell, I already own a PS2. :)

I adore my xbox, but I, too, have been feeling a little disappointed as of late. Let's take a look at the recent releases:

Azurik: Rise of Perathia - Hyped as an amazing game which would take gamint to new levels. Result? Horrible flat game in all respects.

Nightcaster - As with Azurik, the game could never live up to the hype. Result: Disappointing.

Bloodwake - A first on any console. Vehicular combat in a boat! Hyped as the game that would show off the Xbox's true power. Result? Stunning water effects, and....well, stunning water effects.

Wreckless - This is the one everyone wanted. Would re-define driving games as we know them. Result? Disappointment.

WWF RAW - The other most awaited title for the month of February. Promised to be the most innovative wrestling title to date. Result? Most of the desired features never made it to the final version.

A bad trend indeed, folks, but I am not counting the Xbox out just yet.

Only 3 months into its life, the Xbox still has a large library of quality titles, with many more in development, or on the way.

I love my Xbox, but I can really understand Chronki's point.
Let him buy that PS2 and have some fun. When the Xbox release titles start picking up in both quality as well as fun factor, I am sure he will return to the Xbox. :)

Xbox will be the console champion. I have faith in that. We just need to bide our time a bit longer until tjose developers can truly utilize the Xbox hardware to its fullest potential. :)

sinizuh
02-16-2002, 01:39 AM
i would say farewell to my canadian friend... but he lives in quebec ;P

... j/k ;) .... or am i?

CO1
02-16-2002, 02:03 AM
What's up with guys like Chronik? The other day a friend mentioned that he was thinking about getting a PS2 and I asked him if he had considered the XBox. Before he could respond another friend who has a PS2 cut in and started saying that the XBox sucks, the games suck, no one is buying the XBox etc. This same friend was over to my house 2 weeks ago and loved Fever but now he says it's all crap! Maybe it was the ass kickin I gave him in DOA3 but I was a little stunned that he would say this. At the same time another friend who owns the XBox jumped in and said that he has been a little disappointed with the XBox and blames me for pressuring him into buying it! WTF!!! I never pressured anyone unless you count applying pressure to a nerve plexus.:D So the guy leaves with the PS2 di_ck with no intention of considering an XBox. So I ask my friend with the XBox what he is talking about and he says that the only thing that he has liked is being able to link the systems in Halo. He also owns a PS2 so I ask him when he last played it and he says before he got the XBox. I ask him what FPS and fighting game does the PS2 have that is better than Halo or DOA3 and he is unable to give an answer. I ask him why he sided with the PS2 guy and he says that he doesn't know. So I tell him that all he did was ensure that we have one less person to link our systems to for no real valid reason. I don't get it! Sure some games suck, I bought Kabuki Warriors so I know but considering the short amount of time that the XBox has been out there are some pretty good games and it's only going to get better. The only reason I can come up with for this little scenario that transpired is that I totally own everyone that I have played against on the XBox. Not only that but I really rub it in and gloat like nobodies business. I can understand when I beat people in DOA3 70 matches to 8 and then repeatedly tell them how much they suck as a human beings can be a real downer but don't hate the XBox... hate me! Perhaps Chronik also being from Canada heard how good I was and out of fear decided to trade in his XBox for the safety of a PS2.:D You know what they say... the grass is always greener on the other side. That is until you get there and I use it as cover to sneak up on you and frag your a$$ again. Enjoy your PS2 but you'll be back and I'll be waiting! :D

Xboxfan123
02-16-2002, 09:40 AM
I've said this earlier in this thread. People are impatient. Anything worthy takes time and effort. The Xbox is 3 months old people!

If this was one year after launch I could see people being upset (myself included). Just how many games do some people expect?
The Xbox is so new that I haven't even dusted it yet.

I thought of buying a PS2 two weeks before the Xbox came out. Then I thought: Yesterdays technology, no hard drive, can't go online, just two controller ports. No way. And I'm glad I waited.

PS2: Hard drive is a future add-on. You need an future add-on to play online. Three or four friends over you need an add on. Add-on's to me mean the company didn't get it right the first time. Yes this includes the Xbox remote. You should be able to use the controller if you want. Look how many add-ons you need for the PS2 compared to the Xbox. I think the PS2 and GC were hyped just as much as the Xbox but the Xbox lives up to it more.

In one year from now the Xbox will have a variety of games like the PS2 and the PS2 will be thought of like the DC and the GC will have Pacman 3 and Zelda 11.

FuNkY mOnK
02-16-2002, 03:05 PM
Just for argument sake, lets compare. The first picture of malice is ps2, and xbox is the 2nd. Can you see the difference?

http://www.xboxforums.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=4119

http://www.xboxforums.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=4332

xBoXGaMeR2002
02-16-2002, 04:03 PM
The Funniest part is that Chronik's signature states:

"TOP 5 PS2 USES

1. Chopping Block
2. Foot Rest
3. Frisbee
4. Ashtray
5. Magazine Holder
"

And he's trading for a PS2. LOL

darianX
02-18-2002, 10:57 AM
btw, im trying to get me another Dreamcast console (brand new) because mine apparently has problems. Did you get your new or used and do you know anyone whome has new DC on sale online?

Sorry, was modemless this weekend.......I got it used...real good condition though. Browse through the 1000s of listings for dreamcast stuff on Ebay...I'm sure you'll find something.

manboy
02-18-2002, 11:12 AM
Starting in March, an ever greater wave of good xbox games will be coming. In Novemver, I might have gone with a PS2, but now? Too late. Have fun paying 200 dollars for HD + Modem adapters for PS2, heh.

Chr0nik
02-18-2002, 11:23 AM
As it turns out I am now the proud owner of both an Xbox and a PS2.

My mind was made up to trade in my Xbox for a PS2, however the owner of Microplay was not willing to make a fair deal so I ended up just buying a used PS2 with 2 controllers instead of sacrificing the green machine.

I am going to put my Xbox aside for awhile until an interesting title is released. However I am renting all my games first before buying them from now on.

I guess I am officially back to contribute my nonsenical jiberish to this great forum.

Hugh_Jass
02-18-2002, 11:50 AM
I'm sure you'll be happier in the long run.

robnyack
02-18-2002, 12:07 PM
Well, I can totally understand where Chronik is coming from, though I won't be swapping my Xbox for a PS2 anytime soon. Hell, I already own a PS2.

I adore my xbox, but I, too, have been feeling a little disappointed as of late. Let's take a look at the recent releases:

to suggest this is an xbox only problem is to be delusional. All games on all platforms describe their game as unlike no other and takes gaming and graphics to new levels. And then 9 out of ten of those games SUCK.

It has nothing to do with the xbox, it's the nature of the business. For every 10 games that come out for any platform, about 1 of them are worth your money.

XBOX Dude
02-18-2002, 12:19 PM
if you buy an xbox and dump it cause you want a ps2 you are a sorry person, the only reason i can think is that he is easily brainwashed why would he betray his xbox so soon it's only been three months he didn't even give it a chance to see what it could really do. he's gonna be sorry about this in the future

Afro Aura
02-18-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Chronik
As it turns out I am now the proud owner of both an Xbox and a PS2.

My mind was made up to trade in my Xbox for a PS2, however the owner of Microplay was not willing to make a fair deal so I ended up just buying a used PS2 with 2 controllers instead of sacrificing the green machine.
I guess I am officially back to contribute my nonsenical jiberish to this great forum.
Hehehehe I knew you would be back, shopkeeper was trying to get it of you so he could sell it again and make a NICE profit out of it, as everyone had bought out his entire stock lol

Have fun with the TOY just wait for the BIG XBOX to come in and give you a SLAP for even thinking of getting rid of him

anyway it nice to know your back now that you've seen the errors of your ways

skoot182
02-18-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by XBOX Dude
if you buy an xbox and dump it cause you want a ps2 you are a sorry person, the only reason i can think is that he is easily brainwashed why would he betray his xbox so soon it's only been three months he didn't even give it a chance to see what it could really do. he's gonna be sorry about this in the future

YAY!!!! GO Dude, go dude......

manboy
02-18-2002, 02:21 PM
If you want dissapointment, look at the titles PS2 had 2 months after it's release, heh.

Xtopia
02-18-2002, 02:34 PM
The dark side just got a little darker:mad:

pounder
02-18-2002, 02:46 PM
I was actually going to get a ps2..and the only reason i got an xbox was because zellers didnt have any ps2's for awhile..and all i can say is thank god..my buddy's pos2 doesnt touch this thing..aI love the xbox..and the best thing about it is it has oddworld..man that game's a blast..halo and payne are sweet also..

HaloUK
02-19-2002, 07:24 AM
PS2 had no 'must-have' games until nearly a YEAR after it's release wereas I'm getting Halo on day one!!

I've been sooo disappointed with my PS2, I'll be glad to see the back of the ugly pile of @$%£ !!!!!