PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania on the XBox

StudioAlex
05-17-2005, 09:57 PM
Not yet able to post news so I'll post it here:

From Ign.com

May 17, 2005 - Konami's venerable series has finally made the leap to the last console it had yet to touch; the Xbox. Today Konami announced that the previously announced Castlevania: Curse of Darkness for the PS2 will also be available for the Xbox sometime this fall. What makes this Castlevania title different from the others is that there are no signs of the infamous Belmonts scurrying around. Instead, Curse of Darkness introduces a new storyline and a totally new character -- the Devil Forgemaster Hector, a former Lieutenant of Dracula himself. How does a guy like that go from being the right hand man of Evil himself to fighting him? Well, you'll have to play the game to find out, won't you?

Sorry, just kidding! To give you the long and short of it, Hector -- probably sick of all the death and disgust around him, and the fact that there are no chicks around -- fled Vallachia to pursue a more normal life, leaving Dracula vulnerable to the Belmonts. Three years after Dracula was defeated in battle, the magic power of the curse released upon his death has infected all of Europe. Fueled by revenge for the death of his girlfriend, Hector must battle his way back to the ruins of Dracula's castle, and uncover an intricate web of deception, unaware of the sinister plan that has been orchestrated to lure him home.

"Castlevania: Curse of Darkness takes the series in a fresh new direction - complete with new heroes and villains," says Matt Knoles, Product Manager at Konami Digital Entertainment - America. "And with the title being available on both the PS2 and Xbox, a much wider audience of gamers will be able to enjoy this new Castlevania adventure."

Armed with the unique new abilities of Devil Forgery, gamers will be able to call upon trusty allies called Innocent Devils. More than 30 evolving allies will develop unique abilities ranging from those that can open heavy doors, to those that can help Hector fly. Curse of Darkness will also feature stronger RPG and adventure game elements. As players progress through the game and gain experience points, their character's strength will increase, reminiscent of the gameplay found in the critically acclaimed Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Spaztic
05-18-2005, 07:58 AM
Man, MS is not messing around this time around!!! Just another reason to get an xbox.

GreenWeenie
05-18-2005, 08:14 AM
Begins to reminisce about the Nintendo days....

Man, I used to love me some Castlevania back in the day. This should be cool. With Castlevania, Dynasty Warrios 5, and FFXI on Xbox I should never need another system...

exarkun thesith
05-19-2005, 12:30 PM
i just hope they come up with a great game.

Brevity
05-22-2005, 10:41 AM
I have played I think everyone of these games and I love them. Glad they are comming to the X.

thrAsher
05-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Been a looong time since I played a Castelvania game (the version I have on my Dreamcast is a bad 'copy'), but from the few screens I've seen, this might just be worth picking up.