PDA

View Full Version : 20' TOSLINK for your XBOX -- Cheap!

Hugh_Jass
02-15-2002, 02:48 PM
800.com is going out of business.

Monster Cable 20 ft. Optical Digital Audio Interconnect Cable ILS10020 (http://www.800.com/prod.asp?p=2239)

$61 shipped (25% off)

Now I can have Dolby Digital 5.1 without controller extension cables! Yeah, baby!

l Maximus l
02-15-2002, 02:53 PM
Hugh! That's awesome! And, man, that's a pretty good deal for those cables, too! Now, I know that you use them and stuff...and I don't want to sound like a complete idiot..maybe more like a semi-idiot..but, mainly, what are Toslink cables used for?

Hugh_Jass
02-15-2002, 03:17 PM
The HD and Advanced AV Packs use TOSLINK digital audio cables to connect to your receiver and provide Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.

l Maximus l
02-15-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
The HD and Advanced AV Packs use TOSLINK digital audio cables to connect to your receiver and provide Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.

Ah! Gotcha...thanks, dude...Sounds cool...I need to get a surround sound system badly...I probably don't have a clue to what I am missing :confused:

Frostberg
02-15-2002, 05:17 PM
toslink is the real name for what is commonly reffered to as an optical cable...and the only way to get DD 5.1 on your xbox...

Hugh, nice to see you finally got one, because I remember you saying you were mad you had to do it in Pro Logic...

l Maximus l
02-15-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
toslink is the real name for what is commonly reffered to as an optical cable...and the only way to get DD 5.1 on your xbox...

Hugh, nice to see you finally got one, because I remember you saying you were mad you had to do it in Pro Logic...

Actually, thanks Frostberg...now, that clears things up just a little more. I just always referred to it as Optical Audio cable. TOSLINK is the real verbage for it...okay...cool :)

All I know is that I have learned a lot from you dudes! I work part-time at an electronics retailer...and, the stuff I have learned from here helps me out a lot when I'm there! Seriously! So, I just wanted to give my thanks! Especially to Hugh, Frostberg, Lynxfx, and TheMentorsXBox specifically :)