PDA

View Full Version : DOAX 2 in the Works!

skorp
05-19-2005, 02:30 AM
Team Ninja head Tomonobu revealed that not only was he working on DOAX 2, a sequel to Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball, but that it's already complete enough to run on an Xbox. The game will eventually be moved over to the 360 for development, but the fact that the game is up and running in some form means that it could see release as early as 2006.

DOAX 2 is about customization and collection, just like the first, but the volleyball will return. Team Ninja is refining its volleyball game and adding several other sports, though its unknown which will see the light of day. Quite some time ago Itagaki hinted he would like do see the DOA girls tackle other sports, such as football. Could a football game be part of the mix? We sure hope so. A tackle football game not only makes brilliant sense, but it gives the opportunity for a shirts and skins match.

Itagaki has not decided yet if he will first pursue DOAX 2 before Ninja Gaiden 2 following the release of DOA 4. It appears DOA: Code Cronus won't hit the Xbox 360 for some time, though it has been confirmed.

So what can you expect from DOAX 2? Better graphics, better physics (yes, you read that correctly) and a much broader game. Though Itagaki wouldn't reveal more, we consider it a safe bet that online play will also be included. We'll have more on DOAX 2 as soon as we can wrestle more information out of Itagaki.

Source (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/616/616484p1.html)
;)

techie
05-19-2005, 07:19 AM
Ok, I'll admit it, I completed the first one.

Spaztic
05-19-2005, 08:26 AM
I'll admit I removed the bathing suits and had naked chicks.....

skorp
05-19-2005, 07:09 PM
and some guys thought they'd be lonely next gen... tsk! :rolleyes: :whistle:

GreenWeenie
05-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Yes!!! More whackin material!!! And you thout GreenWeenie was just a nick.....

j/k. I think I rented it back when it first came out. I THOUGHT it might be a real volleyball game. Not saying I didn't enjoy the graphics, but does it really need a second one?

l Maximus l
05-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Damn, no screenshots :(