PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar's Next Blockbuster Bully To Be Released On The XBOX/PS2 Together.

X-Fan
05-19-2005, 02:48 PM
E3 2005: Bits of Bully

Screenshot: http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/746/746537/img_2804897.html

May 19, 2005 - Rockstar Games has revealed the first details regarding Bully, it's October-bound actioner from Rockstar Vancouver. In secret development for quite some time now, Bully takes Rockstar's tradition of groundbreaking gameplay and tongue in cheek storytelling to an entirely new setting: the schoolyard.

The game is an exaggerated and humorous look at life in a private school that Rockstar stresses is completely different than anything else it has done. "We are really excited about the first title to be developed by our Rockstar Vancouver studio," said Sam Houser, President of Rockstar Games. "We fought hard to keep this title under wraps for ages and I am thrilled that we can finally unveil it to people at E3."

For the unfamiliar, Rockstar Vancouver used to be known as "Barking Dog Studios," a Canadian development team that was responsible for such games as Global Operations, Homeworld: Cataclysm, Treasure Planet, and TransWorld Skateboarding.

Mixing drama and comedy into a single story, Bully follows a schoolboy named Jimmy Hopkins and his adventures in the fictitional "Bullworth Academy." Corrupt from the inside out, the school is overflowing with crooked higher-ups, wicked schoolmates, and a whole mess of bothersome bullies. Throughout this escapade, Jimmy will have to stand up to cruel classmates, pursue a love interest, put up with teachers that pick on him, and play pranks on a mess of annoying little buggers from all over the campus.

Gameplay details are a still being kept a mystery for its big reveal at a later time, but we do know that its progression will be open-ended in nature. Due out for both the Xbox and PlayStation 2 this fall, Bully should be making its name rather soon. Click on the media page below for the first screenshot and check back with us for more as it breaks.

-IGN

Huckleberry
05-19-2005, 02:54 PM
if this doesn't sell by the millions, nothing will. imagine all the little gamer freaks that have gotten picked on over the years by jocks, disapproving faculty, and parents. this game will be as cathartic as they come for all of them. of course, there's nobody like that here at xba...it's all the other gamers i'm talking about.

the only flaw i see is figuring out how to get the wedgie-getting gamers who sat on the bleachers at dances to know how to pursue a love interest. dropping anonymous notes into the head cheerleader's locker probably won't get it done. maybe the X button will be just that...

Max33
05-21-2005, 08:05 AM
if this doesn't sell by the millions, nothing will. imagine all the little gamer freaks that have gotten picked on over the years by jocks, disapproving faculty, and parents. this game will be as cathartic as they come for all of them. of course, there's nobody like that here at xba...it's all the other gamers i'm talking about.

the only flaw i see is figuring out how to get the wedgie-getting gamers who sat on the bleachers at dances to know how to pursue a love interest. dropping anonymous notes into the head cheerleader's locker probably won't get it done. maybe the X button will be just that...

I dont know about that...sounds like a state of emergency.

ScorpionX
05-21-2005, 03:35 PM
This game sounds like it is going to be incredibly stupid.

Variation-XBA
05-22-2005, 10:08 PM
Here's to praying for the Vancouver dev studio ^_^
If rockstar even says "brought to you by the people from GTA" it'll sell.

mattgame
05-22-2005, 11:07 PM
Old front page news but old news is better than no news right?

Nurb
05-22-2005, 11:27 PM
....and its still developed on ps2 hardware, next gen systems will becoming out around the same time and they develop it on the weakest hardware in the past friggin decade! :cuss:

WynnFire
05-23-2005, 02:20 PM
Are we sure it's not a front for a different game? Really, who wants to play a game about a kid going to a school with mean people? It just seems fake.

RockTheCasba
05-23-2005, 09:50 PM
HAHA that game sounds so funny. I dunno if i would like playing a bully though its like umm okay lets beat up school kids in a videogame??? But maybe it will be sweet you never know.