PDA

View Full Version : 360 demo's running on Mac G5's!?!?

GreenWeenie
05-19-2005, 08:07 PM
How friggin lousey is this? If this really is true I'm a little upset....

Linkie link (http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/xbox/index.php#e3-xbox-360-live-demos-running-on-powermac-g5-104295)

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/xbox_e3g5.jpg

A reader sent us another image from Microsoft’s Xbox 360 booth, where they are demoing real-time games powered by the Xbox 360. You can see in the picture that there is an Xbox 360 viewable through a little slot, implying that the games themselves are running on pre-production consoles, but if you actually come around to the side, you can see two Apple G5 PowerMacs, the development systems for the 360—plus a desktop fan to keep them cooled down.

:cuss: :cuss:

skorp
05-19-2005, 09:40 PM
I don't think it's actually a bad thing. Sources from Microsoft mentioned that the current playable 360 games would all have framerate issues due to the fact that they are running on alpha test units. Supposedly 1/3 of the Xbox 360's actual power. The Alpha units do not run anti-aliasing and simply don't have the power to run a high-res game at full quality.

Official sources place the final development kit dates for July and the results promise to look much better.

;)

AlphaRaptor
05-19-2005, 11:53 PM
Heh, funny lol

Well at least we saw in-game stuff, and not a bunch on CG...

odpr
05-20-2005, 07:19 AM
yes yes that what they said in the first Gen ...

and up to day the game look exectly like first yyear,
halo one look EXECTLY LIKE halotwo ..

soo..what you see now is what you got..

CharlieHustle
05-20-2005, 09:07 AM
thats a funny pic though. A fan in the middle. I was expecting to see a mouse on a treadmill also..

AlphaRaptor
05-20-2005, 10:46 AM
Umm no

Sorry, but you don't know what you talking about. :whistle:

Ghost
05-20-2005, 11:10 AM
And halo 1 looks nothing like halo2, so shut-up

TOTTEN
05-20-2005, 11:20 AM

Would you just shut up about that already the only way anyone could say they looked the same is if you are blind. Like scorp said its not really a bad thing because if they are alpha kits the actual games on the final version will look even better than they already do.

wbio
05-21-2005, 06:36 PM

Do you even look at the games when you play them? Or are you just that blind?

Anyways, I don't see what's bad about MS using G5s for the demos, like other have said, the current X360s are only running at 1/3 of the power so it would have been stupid of MS to show those because most people would just assume that's what the games are going to look like, when that's not the case.

Variation-XBA
05-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Wow people get upset at anything now for no reason.

CharlieHustle
05-23-2005, 07:41 AM
I think that people are just being too critical of the games. They are not even out yet. The console isnt even out yet. MS could have taken the ps3 route and just showed video clips of their 360 products, but at least they decided to let the public try to play something. give them some type of break..

AlphaRaptor
05-23-2005, 08:28 AM
I think that people are just being too critical of the games. They are not even out yet. The console isnt even out yet. MS could have taken the ps3 route and just showed video clips of their 360 products, but at least they decided to let the public try to play something. give them some type of break..
Exactly, people need to stop being so critical...

odpr
05-23-2005, 10:35 AM
we are not upset, we just loose hope for the green machine that's all..:(

AlphaRaptor
05-23-2005, 10:58 AM
we are not upset, we just loose hope for the green machine that's all..:(
Ummm why is that? :huh:

wbio
05-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Ummm why is that? :huh:
Cus he never had any to begin with because he hates the Xbox.

Nurb
05-24-2005, 04:10 PM
probably why they had to downgrade Halo 2's graphics after the '04 E3, it wasn't even played on the system itself for the demo. All the more reason not to belive what you see until the release :)

GreenWeenie
05-24-2005, 10:32 PM
Its not that I am upset...I mainly find it humerous....They couldn't build a PC to run everything? They had to use a Mac? Too funny....

squid413
05-24-2005, 11:23 PM
Its not that I am upset...I mainly find it humerous....They couldn't build a PC to run everything? They had to use a Mac? Too funny....

They used a mac because that's the basic architecture for the xbox 360. The 360 uses powerpc as does mac's. A windows pc uses x86 architecture.