PDA

View Full Version : Driving Controller Review/Suggestions

XFILE
05-22-2005, 11:21 AM
I never thought about buying a steering wheel or driving setup for my xbox since I only had 1 driving game, but now I have a few and am thinking about buying a setup. I looked for a few hardware reviews, but couldnt find many, since, I am guessing, that it is late in the game for putting out new hardware. At Best Buy they have 2 different wheels, but not any with foot pedals. I was wondering, if there are any good combo packages or if I should just stick with a wheel only setup. And, if you have one, what are the good ones?

Or, should I just stick with my controller? Is there much difference in gameplay?

Huckleberry
05-23-2005, 03:19 PM
i have just started thinking about getting a wheel, too. i'll be buying forza here shortly and i'm tired of driving via the joystick. which one are you thinking about? maybe i'll pick both of them up and review them at some point this summer.

btw, where are you at in chicago? city/burbs? i live in bucktown on the near nw side.

ColdArmoR
05-23-2005, 07:49 PM
I have used wheels for computer but never for my xbox. I can say that with using i for the computer it gives for a more realistic feel.

XFILE
05-24-2005, 09:44 AM
I picked up the Logitech Nascar, and it's pretty cool. One thing I hate about it is that the foot pedals are so close together. I imagine this is a problem with most wheel/pedal combo, though.

Wolfboy_888
05-24-2005, 07:55 PM
yea ive had them for computer too..ive been really thinking about getting one for the box though... controller pedal designs are retarded since most people dont have size 5 feet

Salmonaitor
05-25-2005, 12:43 PM
yea ive had them for computer too..ive been really thinking about getting one for the box though... controller pedal designs are retarded since most people dont have size 5 feet
I've always found them more cumbersome than anything, I'd stick with the controller.