PDA

View Full Version : Game Giveaways This Weekend!

VAN
02-15-2002, 09:51 PM
We just can't stop giving out free games, folks. Call it an addiction, if you will. Anyways, here is the info for this weekends 2 giveaways. If after reading you still have questions or comments, please post them here.

<b>Giveaway times</b>:

#1 - Saturday February 16th @ 9:00pm Eastern Standard Time
#2 - Sunday February 17th @ 9:00pm Eastern Standard Time

<b>Location</b>:

Chat Lounge

<b>Prize(s)</b>: (winners receive both items)

1 copy of Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2</li>
1 copy of the Official Strategy Guide from Prima Publishing</li>

<b>Eligibility</b>:

All members of xboxaddict.com are eligible to enter and win this "contest"....including past winners!

<b>How to win</b>:

At precisely 9:00pm EST, I will begin the game in the Chat Lounge. I will ask one, and only one, Xbox Triva Question. You will then be given 10 seconds to type your answer into the chatroom buffer and await the prompt from me to submit your response.

After 10 seconds have passed, I will prompt the entire room to submit their answers. The winner shall be the first person to correctly respond. It's as simple as that.

Note: If you submit your answer (whether it be correct or incorrect) before I have prompted you to do so, you will be disqualified.

Winners will be verified with at least one other XBA Staff member before posting the name of the official winner in the room.

<b>Notes</b>:

If you are a winner of any of our Chat Lounge Giveaways, please DO NOT leave the room until you have been contacted by an XBA Staff member to discuss your prize shipment.

After I have announced the winner, the game is over. Do not PM me or any other staff member with anything along the lines of:

"That game sucked!"
"That wasn't fair!!
"I shoulda won that!"
"VAN, you suck"

This game has been developed with special care so as not to favor those with high-speed connections, or any other device which may aid in their winning.

If you don't win, DON'T WHINE! Please. If you behave in an innapropriate manner before, during, or after the contest, I will recommend to Jeremy that you have your account temporarily suspended. Whether or not he chooses to do so, is entirely up to him.

Remember, if you don't win, there will be plenty of other opportunities down the road to try again. :)

Xboxaddict.com is the ONLY Xbox site on the web giving away free GAMES folks, and as long as we receive adequate particpation from the members, and people can manage to keep thier unsportsman like conduct off of the forums, and out of the chat lounge, we will continue to give away free games, accessories, and other merchandise.

Have fun, and good luck!!<p>

xboxpebbles
02-16-2002, 11:20 AM
hey van!!
will there be contests that
are not in the chat room?
b/c i cant get in there for some reason..
i even tried to last contest...:(
also.. if any1 could help me w/
how to get in,(my comp is
pretty old and doesnt really download
stuff right..lol), ill try to be there~~!!
p.s. good contest:D

:)

fear_this
02-16-2002, 11:25 AM
Pebbles when that big first box appears.. dont click no. Click yes.

Also Van. I have a Question. After you have seen after the image finding contest of how much people have whined about losing, and being such babies, why would you want to put on, yet another contest. You can see there just basicly greedy! :mad:

VAN
02-16-2002, 01:02 PM
Pebbles-

We will be holding plenty of non chatroom giveaways. Remember our wallpaper contest? Well, expect something similar to that soon. :)

fear_this -

Unfortunately, there will always be a few people that will complain. If we had 1,000 prizes to give out, person #1,001 would complain. We won't let those few who choose to act innapropriately keep us from continuing to give away tons of free stuff at xboxaddict.com. :)

XxeGoxX
02-16-2002, 01:03 PM
where is the chat longe?

fear_this
02-16-2002, 01:04 PM
Sweet, I still say you should have a WWF Raw graphic contest. :p

XxeGoxX
02-16-2002, 01:11 PM
the contest was at nine in the morning?

VAN
02-16-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by XxeGoxX
the contest was at nine in the morning?

Sorry about that.

No, the contest are at 9:00pm EST. :)

I wrote PM in the main News post, but forgot to add it in my above post. I have edited it for clatiry. :)

You can get to the Chat Lounge by clicking...umm..."Chat Lounge" at the top of the <a href="http://www.xboxaddict.com">Main Page</a>

Durden-XBA
02-16-2002, 04:34 PM
Why can ALL past winners enter this one?

I had to wait 3 months before I could win again- Why shouldn't everyone else have to?

(This message isn't really as whiney as it sounds, I'm just wondering why)

Please Respond.

VAN
02-16-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Rees
Why can ALL past winners enter this one?

Because I said so. :)

Everyone will be eligible to win all contests for the remainder of February. Beginning in March, we will publish a set of contest guidelines stating once and for all who can and cannot win a given prize. There seems to have been a bit of confusion about the period of time for past winners must wait before they are allowed to win again. Some thought it was 1 year, some thought it was 90 days, and others thought it was 30 days.

We will clarify this before beginning our contests in March, but until then, everyone is entitled to win.

xboxpebbles
02-16-2002, 05:45 PM
i clicked no a long time ago, guess
i cant get in, huh?
anyways..good luck every1:)

p.s.--the chat lounge is a link at
the top of the home pg. at
xboxaddict!

gula
02-16-2002, 05:47 PM
I still can't get into the chatroom because of my username...

-gula

Because of that little - in front of gula.

I don't know if anyone did respond back to this before, but help me out here...

Frostberg
02-16-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA

Because I said so. :)

Everyone will be eligible to win all contests for the remainder of February. Beginning in March, we will publish a set of contest guidelines stating once and for all who can and cannot win a given prize. There seems to have been a bit of confusion about the period of time for past winners must wait before they are allowed to win again. Some thought it was 1 year, some thought it was 90 days, and others thought it was 30 days.

We will clarify this before beginning our contests in March, but until then, everyone is entitled to win.

Alright, so even if you win today or tomorrow, you still dont have to wait 90 days, correct?

Durden-XBA
02-16-2002, 11:29 PM
ATTN: VAN

Hey man, I thought tonite's (Saturday's) contest was cool, but I think that as soon as you ask the question, we should be able to respond. You either know it or you don't- that's why it's called trivia. Telling people to "Submit" just boils down to who hits 'enter' the fastest, even if someone else knew it first. See what I mean?

I think that your questions are solid, because it lets those of us who spend hours on here looking and researching have a better chance than people who only come for the games...

So tomorrow, why don't you just ask the question... AND RIGHT AFTER allow us to answer.

-It's about the questions. Not trolls hunting them down, and then complaining when they lose.

Thanks a ton for listening (reading/whatever) Later!

VAN
02-17-2002, 12:38 AM

So tomorrow, why don't you just ask the question... AND RIGHT AFTER allow us to answer.

Well, we've done that in the past and it just led to complaints of: "That contest favors fast typists!"

Seems like no matter what we do, somoen will think its unfair. At least with my way, the slower typists have a better chance. :)

Since I've already posted the game details above for both dates, tomorrows game will be run the same, but we will change the format for the next one.

Durden-XBA
02-17-2002, 01:47 AM
FAVORS TYPISTS?!

Jeez, what next?

Hey! I have an idea, VAN- why don't you give games to everyone?
Seems fair to me.

Honestly though, I think that the first person to type in the answer IMMEDIATELY after the question is asked should win.

Can you picture Jeopardy? "But Alllex! This stupid game show favors people with opposable thumbs! No fair!"

You have to admit, the ready, set, go thing is lame. Ban those people who complain- It's not like they're losing anything. IT'S A CONTEST ON THE FREAKING COMPUTER, you ought to know how to type. Good Lord. I don't type very fast and I won a while back. Sheesh.

(As you can tell I vehemently despise those complainers). I did kinda dig the thing about writing out the full name... That keeps it a little more honest- I don't know about the PERFECT spelling though- Say you're typing fast and you write, Dave Mirrs Freestyle BMX 2, you know something like that seems a bit stringent, (AND MAY FAVOR TYPISTS), you know, don't worry about the caps, and if it's easily decipherable, I say let the best man win.

Well, I gotta go- I'm actually off to go run a race now... I'm a little mad about it though, it turns out they favor people who are FAST.

lol

P.S. Thanks for constantly explaining things to me VAN... I know I'm hypercritical, but hey, it got me this far.

VAN
02-17-2002, 05:15 AM
Ban those people who complain- It's not like they're losing anything.

Uhhhh, ok. Shall I start with you? :D

j/k

I know what you're trying to say, but I hope you realize that you are, in essence, complaining yourself. :)

Durden-XBA
02-17-2002, 03:37 PM
I'm just trying to point out how absurd some people are getting... I think the contests are fine- I just don't like the people that gripe when they don't win.

Personally I thought that last post of mine was pretty funny, I'm NOT REALLY starting a crusade... It just looks that way on paper.

:p

gula
02-17-2002, 03:45 PM
I guess no one is going to help me with my name problem and getting in the chatroom...:(

Azazel
02-17-2002, 03:52 PM
Poor Van. It must be really annoying dealing with all this crap when all you wanna do is have a fun contest. After reading all the posts on this thread I would rather give the winner a smack upside the head then a game.

Seriously though, where else are you gonna find a site with great info, cool people and free giveaways. Stop complaing and if you dont win who cares just try again next time..... Thanks VAN

Azazel
02-17-2002, 04:04 PM
Is there a place in this site that has a list of the past winners? Im just curious if any of my XBA buddies have won anything.:p

Durden-XBA
02-17-2002, 05:24 PM
You can get to the list of past winners from the mainpage... Click the link at the top right to 'Contests,' from there, you should find another link to 'Past Winners.'

As for XBA winners- You'll have to see for yourself. ;)

VAN
02-18-2002, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by -gula
I guess no one is going to help me with my name problem and getting in the chatroom...:(

I'll see what I can do. Most likely we'll need to remove the hyphen from your nick.