PDA

View Full Version : HD Game Trailers

techie
05-25-2005, 10:18 PM
Another site has posted quite a few High Definition versions
of game trailers coming out for the X-360. They also have
medium resolution if your system can't handle the requirements
for HD.

*EDIT* A direct quote from Stephen-XBA - "we are looking at down sampling them because they are too big. And Xbox 360 screenshots are coming this weekend or even today"

TheCovenant
05-26-2005, 05:57 AM
soooo....biiiggg....

carlbme
05-26-2005, 06:44 AM
Wow, takes a while to load these bad boys up. Hell even just to download them....
Blah

Kyle Static
05-27-2005, 10:02 AM
well..I for one am horribly dissapointed....I really hope these are just a glimpse of the beta games and no where near the final products, or you'll see jaggies galore, and nary a smooth surface in a game. So far I've downloaded about 12 of the trailers (excluding most sports except madden...which screws up for me?) all of which pretty much suck. I'd say in my own honest opinion that Halo 2 looks better in most regards than most of these games. It would appear that the lighting effects and physics have been toned up, a few textures smoothed here and there, but it's essentially just a jacked-up Xbox so far......I'll reserve judgement I spose for final games..but I'm really not feeling that great about new releases. We need a dev that really wants to take advantage of the 360.....I'm gonna try to find some PS3 trailers to compare.

TheCovenant
05-27-2005, 10:43 PM
dont worry about jaggies, statichie, all games a have a minimum requirement of 4xAA. Trust me, if you see a jaggie its because theres something wrong with your eyes. :)

OC Noob
05-28-2005, 01:33 AM
well..I for one am horribly dissapointed....I really hope these are just a glimpse of the beta games and no where near the final products, or you'll see jaggies galore, and nary a smooth surface in a game. So far I've downloaded about 12 of the trailers (excluding most sports except madden...which screws up for me?) all of which pretty much suck. I'd say in my own honest opinion that Halo 2 looks better in most regards than most of these games. It would appear that the lighting effects and physics have been toned up, a few textures smoothed here and there, but it's essentially just a jacked-up Xbox so far......I'll reserve judgement I spose for final games..but I'm really not feeling that great about new releases. We need a dev that really wants to take advantage of the 360.....I'm gonna try to find some PS3 trailers to compare.

There are no PS3 in game footage videos and any trailer you find are just animated movies made in studios. Hence, they have nothing to do with how games will look.

As stated AA will be used with little to no performace lose so jaggies are a thing of the past.

ps take a look at Halo 2, then at DIII on a high end system AND then the videos. Keep in mind vids always look worse for several reasons. You just can't tell me Halo 2 looks anything close to as good as DIII on a high end PC and 360 games look even better. No offense, but Halo 2 looks like crap compared to almost any new PC game and these next gen consoles blow away current PCs. But hey, the current in game footage is extremely rough, but its still leaps and bounds above current gen stuff.

Solid Snake 015
05-29-2005, 10:31 PM
These HD-trailers are really something else, im impressed and the great thing about all these are that there not even the final drafts. Cant wait to see the final product in my brand new Xbox 360 in my living room hahaha ;)