PDA

View Full Version : Madden 06

RockTheCasba
05-26-2005, 03:25 PM
okay so i know a lot of you hate Ea but since this is going to be the only football game on the market lets take a look at it. It seems like it is going to be a pretty good game but we will see.

Madden 06 (http://www.gamespot.com/x360/sports/maddennfl2006/preview_6122758.html)

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/111/927449_20050422_screen001.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/110/927449_20050421_screen001.jpg

Nurb
05-26-2005, 05:21 PM
doesn't look like they're in game screens, but I don't care, not ginving EA any money :D

RockTheCasba
05-29-2005, 01:08 AM
ha yeah ea sucks but some games they have are pretty sweet. going to be hard to top 2k5 though

BORNGD
05-29-2005, 01:34 AM
we all know those are not screen shots from actual gameplay...which is a shame

Bakeman
05-29-2005, 01:51 AM
I'm pretty sure Yankeez went to E3 and played Madden06 there.. he said it was the same exact thing as last year (looks wise atleast) ...

Maybe he can give us some info when he gets back from vacation.

Wolf
05-29-2005, 01:56 AM
he said it was the same exact thing as last year (looks wise atleast)

for what system?

are you saying that he said an xbox 360 game looks exactly the same as an XBOX game?

Bakeman
05-29-2005, 02:32 AM
for what system?

are you saying that he said an xbox 360 game looks exactly the same as an XBOX game?

No I don't believe so.. Unforunately I wasn't able to get into details with him about it.

But what I got from it was that Madden06 in general looked exactly like Madden05. I'm guessing that there wasn't any playable versions on the xbox360 so it was on the first xbox that he saw it. Again I didn't get into a conversation about it with him. It was just something he said to me about the whole E3 experience. Hopefully when he gets back he can indulge us to our hearts content. :)

But here is one thing to think about .. you really think EA will make madden06 for current consoles then COMPLETELY build another versions of next gen consoles.... NOPE .. so a slight graphics increase on current consoles is all I would expect.

MXracer721
05-29-2005, 04:59 PM
i cant wait to play this just cuz its gonna be the only NFL game on a new console. i have already seen it on today's consoles. but next gen should be interesting.

rockthecasba - u a motocross fan i take it from ur sig w/ bubba in it?

ColdArmoR
05-29-2005, 05:16 PM
I like Motocross too. =]

Anyways, I am actually looking forward to this game on the 360, thought I usually don't play many sports games..

Xer0Mercy
05-29-2005, 07:48 PM
I'll definitely be picking this up.

l Maximus l
06-01-2005, 02:45 AM
Personally, I think the game looks freakin' amazing...EA or no EA. This game looks hot and with Madden gameplay, I don't think this would be a regretable purchase.

Whisper
06-01-2005, 07:52 AM
If an EA game could project out a babe that could have sex with me.. I still wouldn't pay for it.

rpgreligion
06-01-2005, 12:33 PM
EA may be a damn monopoly, but no use in boycotting them, in my opinion anyway. I'll be picking up Battlefield 2, and I'll probably eventually pick this up.

Bakeman
06-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Personally, I think the game looks freakin' amazing...EA or no EA. This game looks hot and with Madden gameplay, I don't think this would be a regretable purchase.

What looks hot about it?! All they keep showing is some Scripted CGI video ..
The game isn't going to look like that.

sepheliroth
06-01-2005, 09:30 PM
i can't believe i've been buying madden games for so long. i'm like a mouse with a pellet. they're never all that different or so much better(ok, not never), but somehow without thinking i get them every year, like a ritual. i'm a damn fool. graphics be damned, will it be that much better?

Bakeman
06-01-2005, 10:23 PM
i can't believe i've been buying madden games for so long. i'm like a mouse with a pellet. they're never all that different or so much better(ok, not never), but somehow without thinking i get them every year, like a ritual. i'm a damn fool. graphics be damned, will it be that much better?

First step to recovery is admitting you have a problem :) LOL

anyways I read somewhere they added offensive line aublies.. so that's pretty cool. It's about time a football game has added that, it's a huge part of the game that you don't really know about, unless you already know about it...

ShaDovV RyDer
06-02-2005, 08:18 AM
Madden is going to look hot on the 360 and its one game from EA I can't wait to pick up. Ya EA is taking a lot of good companies but does that mean that they havn't changed the way they make their games? EA is starting to become a pretty good publisher again.

MXracer721
06-02-2005, 12:35 PM
EA is starting to become a pretty good publisher again.
on what games are u basing this opinion? You cant base it on a game thats not released yet. Also, if htey have no competition there is nothing to compare their games to.

thAshAdyOne
06-02-2005, 03:12 PM
I'll be getting ths just for sake of playing with the boys...I love competition...and the dorms will be bouncing this fall!

ShaDovV RyDer
06-02-2005, 09:39 PM
on what games are u basing this opinion? You cant base it on a game thats not released yet. Also, if htey have no competition there is nothing to compare their games to.

How about the Need for Speed games or the Burnout series??? All the SSX have always been fun, and their sports games have usually been top quality with a few exceptions here and there.

Name one crap game EA has put out in the past year that wasn't a movie liscenced(SP) game.

Bakeman
06-02-2005, 09:47 PM
Name one crap game EA has put out in the past year that wasn't a movie liscenced(SP) game.

Madden 2005 ... I can go further back then a year... Madden 2004, and Madden 2003 .. and let's not foroget Nba Live 2003 and Nba Live 2004

ShaDovV RyDer
06-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Madden 2005

Why was Madden 05 such a crappy game to you. Was it because the reviews said that ESPN was a better buy or because you accually thought the game was crap when you played it??? I just don't understand how Madden was so much worse than ESPN, I mean ya it didn't get a graphics upgrade, but the gameplay was changed for the better with the defense playing a bigger role just like in real life football. Yes ESPN was a better game but does that make Madden the worst football game ever created?

Bakeman
06-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Why was Madden 05 such a crappy game to you. Was it because the reviews said that ESPN was a better buy or because you accually thought the game was crap when you played it??? I just don't understand how Madden was so much worse than ESPN, I mean ya it didn't get a graphics upgrade, but the gameplay was changed for the better with the defense playing a bigger role just like in real life football. Yes ESPN was a better game but does that make Madden the worst football game ever created?

I never said it was the worst ever created..

I rented it and played Madden 2005 myself .. at the time I had Gamefly so I thought I'd give it a chance... I didn't give 2004 much of a chance, and if I remember correctly I owned Madden 2003. for 2002 and 2003 I owned both Sega/ESPN and Madden those years.

The biggest thing that still bugs me about Madden is running straight up into your offensive line and you seem to just run upright into the back of a player.

I just don't like the feel of the game.